Does Apolyton hate Mozilla?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by St Leo
    2. Opera is very customizable. They are at the bottom of my screen because I like them there.
    Can you add a personal tool bar and put a "lock" icon at the bottom right?
    (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
    (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
    (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

i would think it a poor OS if your couldn't customize something as simple as that
      Boston Red Sox are 2004 World Series Champions!

Comment

Alex/Skanky,

that would be illegal. However it's not an issue with such Open Source browsers as Mozilla.
        "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

And?
          I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

And what? Well, there's clearly ideological and technical differencies between Open Source, Free Software and cracked software. And it's all in favour for Open Source and Free Software as clearly it's 1. 100% legal, 2. 100% legally free of charge, 3. much more community friendly, 4. 100% public source code, 5. more secure as you can't be sure about the goodwill of all crackers, 6. Mozilla is known as more standard compliant and now we will also see CSS3 support, so there's development going on, 7. community initiatives unlike with Opera Software (e.g. Mozilla Evangelism which promotes web standards). You can't beat that all with a cracked Opera browser.
            "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

I still prefer Opera. Call me pigheaded.

Comment

Okay, from now on I shall refer to you as Pig Headed in the Wrong Direction.
                American by birth, smarter than the average tropical fruit by the grace of Me. -me
                I try not to break the rules but merely to test their elasticity. -- Bill Veeck | Don't listed to the Linux Satanist, people. - St. Leo | If patching security holes was the top priority of any of us(no matter the OS), we'd do nothing else. - Me, in a tired and accidental attempt to draw fire from all three sides.
                Posted with Mozilla Firebird running under Sawfish on a Slackware Linux install.:p
                XGalaga.

Comment

Originally posted by geeslaka
                  Okay, from now on I shall refer to you as Pig Headed in the Wrong Direction.
                  Don't be absurd.

I prefer Pig Headed in the Wrong Direction who uses Opera.

Comment

i still like opera too. then again, i find myself frequently using all three major browsers.
                    B♭3

Comment

Originally posted by Urban Ranger

Can you add a personal tool bar and put a "lock" icon at the bottom right?
                      how do you do this in Mozilla? Or am I asking a stupid question?
                      I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

Nah, you're not stupid. UR is just refering to the lock icon in the down right corner which indicates a secure (HTTPS) connection or an insecure unencrypted connection (HTTP and FTP). This is a standard feature of Mozilla, Netscape (ever since SSL was introduced back in Netscape Navigator 3.0) and AFAIK all other Gecko powered browsers. The personal toolbar phrase refers to the either the Personal Toolbar with bookmarks and such or the sidebar. Whichever UR meant.

Comment

Originally posted by Asuka
                          The personal toolbar phrase refers to the either the Personal Toolbar with bookmarks and such or the sidebar. Whichever UR meant.
                          The bookmarks. I don't like the sidebar because it takes up precious real estate.
                          (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                          (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                          (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Dr. Spike is pigheaded from now on...someone alert Ming in the name changes thread pls
                            Boston Red Sox are 2004 World Series Champions!

Comment

Originally posted by Urban Ranger

The bookmarks. I don't like the sidebar because it takes up precious real estate.
                              It can all be customised. Have you even used Opera?

Comment

UR,

indeed. I have it hidden too because of that.

Spikey,

I have used Opera 6.03, 7.0 and 7.1, and I have always found them less good than Netscape Communicator, Netscape, Mozilla or Mozilla Firebird. This is of course slightly biased as I'm a longterm Netscape user back from 1997. So yes, I can stand behind my words as I have used Opera too. Not sure about UR.

Comment

Working...
                                X