titles idea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That could be an interesting idea, Ixy.
    "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

I like mrmitchell's idea.
      American by birth, smarter than the average tropical fruit by the grace of Me. -me
      I try not to break the rules but merely to test their elasticity. -- Bill Veeck | Don't listed to the Linux Satanist, people. - St. Leo | If patching security holes was the top priority of any of us(no matter the OS), we'd do nothing else. - Me, in a tired and accidental attempt to draw fire from all three sides.
      Posted with Mozilla Firebird running under Sawfish on a Slackware Linux install.:p
      XGalaga.

Comment

Ixy's idea is reasonable, and easy to implement I would think.

Comment

I was thinking the exact same idea. It goes without saying that I give the idea my
          I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Originally posted by ixnay
            I say Hall of Famers should get their own civgroup.
            please stop putting serious and itelligent ideas in threads like this.

I think this is an idea that the powers that be may look at.
            The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

Not that I don't like the idea, but another civgroup....
              Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
              Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Yes why not?
                The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

What exactly would be the point? So newbies can kowtow to the almighty Hall of Famers? So Hall of Famers can organise member-only chat sessions/threads/meetings?
                  Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

perhaps hall of famers should have something, but a civgroup, i don't think. the whole point of civgroups (like MP civgroups) is so you know who you can contact to play against, and soforth.

Comment

I like mrmitchell's idea.
                      The first or the second one?
                      meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

I don't see the need for a Hall of Fame CivGroup.

I only vaguely mentioned them for titles as the members are obviously well known and are thus suited to have honourary/endearing titles given to them.

No member should be able to choose their title though, but they can decline one it they so choose.
                        One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

The first or the second one?
                          Both. Especially the second one.
                          American by birth, smarter than the average tropical fruit by the grace of Me. -me
                          I try not to break the rules but merely to test their elasticity. -- Bill Veeck | Don't listed to the Linux Satanist, people. - St. Leo | If patching security holes was the top priority of any of us(no matter the OS), we'd do nothing else. - Me, in a tired and accidental attempt to draw fire from all three sides.
                          Posted with Mozilla Firebird running under Sawfish on a Slackware Linux install.:p
                          XGalaga.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Crunch
                            I don't see the need for a Hall of Fame CivGroup.

I only vaguely mentioned them for titles as the members are obviously well known

Maybe I should spend more time in OT

Comment

Working...
                            X