Was I banned? and if so why?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was I banned? and if so why?

I checked in poly last night and when i wanted to post i noted that I had no quick reply box available.

More so, when I clicked on the reply button, I hit a page telling me that my request was impossible due to either: 1. me being unregistered, 2. the function being turned off 3. me being restricted.

The box beneath clearly showed that I was logged in properly, and asking others, I realized they could post.

The only apparent reason for the blocking of my posts was that I was restricted. Yet, there was no e-mail or pm to explain why, and I was unable to search my threads to seek for a posslbe reason or explanation in the thread.

I PMed Ming who hasn't replied yet. But towards morning, my abilities were restored.

I demand explanation.

Hmm, let me guess,...upload feature abuse???
    -
    And you will get a mail from Dan soon
    Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
    Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Yes, you were banned for a day for uploading content not related to the games covered on Apolyton.

Comment

there you go, thats what the problem was.

self inflicted
        The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

Huh?

Why was I not informed in any way or asked to remove it, instead?

It was like... 3 months since I used the upload feature?
          I used it something like a week after it was announced, before it was clear that it can't be used for other purposes.

(i remember users putting large pics of themselves there for the picture thread, instead of just attaching them to posts)

Furthermore, I forgot that I put a file there at all.

Why this SA policy towards site members?

Comment

The lesson is that you should only use the upload feature for ACS related material, which is understandable.
            "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

He wasn't uploading drunken cheerleading sluts again was he?
              Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

Who wasn't?
                American by birth, smarter than the average tropical fruit by the grace of Me. -me
                I try not to break the rules but merely to test their elasticity. -- Bill Veeck | Don't listed to the Linux Satanist, people. - St. Leo | If patching security holes was the top priority of any of us(no matter the OS), we'd do nothing else. - Me, in a tired and accidental attempt to draw fire from all three sides.
                Posted with Mozilla Firebird running under Sawfish on a Slackware Linux install.:p
                XGalaga.

Comment

1. who wasn't

2. "SA policy" - I demand another ban for that

3. what exactly did he upload?

Comment

another ban for him that is

hey Siro, chill, it was just one day.

Comment

Hehe if you left unwanted material there for 3 months after the other prominent bannings for this reason then that was an oversight.

However, I would expect you to be notified of the ban.

Comment

prominent bannings? what the hell have I missed?

Comment

A few people have been banned for upload feature abuse.

Comment

10 people were given a short ban in the middle of June, and 8 more people on July 1.

There is a crackdown on this type of unwelcome activity.
                            It is a little tedious to check so I'm sure we'll see batches of people every few weeks UNTIL IT STOPS>

RAH
                            It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Personally, if I wanted to use a heap of images in a thread I would just attach them. I know that attaching them means one picture per post, but a +1 per picture is the price we have to pay.

It saves you the trouble of uploading and then linking to them, and it also saves you any risk of "upload abuse" that many posters seem to have been struck with.

Yeah I know, this is a copy-n-paste job. But it applies to this thread too.
                              I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Working...
                              X