Database Error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Database Error

What does this mean and why am I getting it when I try to view New Posts? It kept happening yesterday, as well, when I was trying to move from one page of new posts to another.

There seems to have been a slight problem with the database. Please try again by pressing the refresh button in your browser.

We apologise for the inconvenience.

Database error in vBulletin: Invalid SQL: SELECT searchid FROM search WHERE query='1=1 AND NOT (thread.forumid=\'179\' OR thread.forumid=\'207\' OR thread.forumid=\'178\' OR thread.forumid=\'165\' OR thread.forumid=\'166\' OR thread.forumid=\'167\' OR thread.forumid=\'168\' OR thread.forumid=\'169\' OR thread.forumid=\'170\' OR thread.forumid=\'200\' OR thread.forumid=\'201\' OR thread.forumid=\'202\' OR thread.forumid=\'203\' OR thread.forumid=\'204\' OR thread.forumid=\'205\' OR thread.forumid=\'206\' OR thread.forumid=\'155\' OR thread.forumid=\'156\' OR thread.forumid=\'15\' OR thread.forumid=\'190\' OR thread.forumid=\'191\' OR thread.forumid=\'192\' OR thread.forumid=\'193\' OR thread.forumid=\'194\' OR thread.forumid=\'112\' OR thread.forumid=\'159\' OR thread.forumid=\'152\' OR thread.forumid=\'128\' OR thread.forumid=\'123\' OR thread.forumid=\'125\' OR thread.forumid=\'116\') AND thread.lastpost>=1056655665 AND thread.open<>10 AND forumid!=147 '
    mysql error: Can't open file: 'search.MYI'. (errno: 145)
    mysql error number: 1016
    Date: Friday 27th of June 2003 09:19:21 AM
    Script: /forums/search.php?s=&action=getnew
    Referer: http://apolyton.net/forums/index.php?

Thanks. I'll look into those threads.

Comment

We could need that search function back, couldn't we?
      Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
      I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
      Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Or just read the topics, that might help
        Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
        Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Why don't they just fix it so that we don't have to spend our time reading about why it doesn't work?

Comment

Well, it's not so easy as "just fix it" you know. It never is.
            Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
            I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
            Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

I wonder what the record for very similar threads on the front page is.

Comment

Whatever the number of threads per page you have your settings on.
                One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Hi folks.

Yes, I am aware of the error messages in question -- they are currently being investigated. Thank you for the heads-up, nonetheless, and for your patience.

----------
                  Dan; Apolyton CS
                  PolyCast Co-Host, Owner and Producer: entertaining | informing civ
                  >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Comment

Originally posted by DrSpike
                    I wonder what the record for very similar threads on the front page is.
                    whatever it is I'm sure people could set a new one
                    The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

And will.

These threads are worse than rabbits.
                      I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

should be ok

please report any similar errors
                        Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
                        Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
                        giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Working...
                        X