No announcement yet.

Will Avatars ever return?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sorry if this is a dumb question, but I went to the control panel to change my avatar to a custom one but I can't figure out how to do it. It just says 'if you have at least 500 posts you can have a customized avatar' and I've looked all over the screen for it but I can't find a way to do it.
    "The first man who, having fenced off a plot of land, thought of saying, 'This is mine' and found people simple enough to believe him was the real founder of civil society. How many crimes, wars, murders, how many miseries and horrors might the human race had been spared by the one who, upon pulling up the stakes or filling in the ditch, had shouted to his fellow men: 'Beware of listening to this imposter; you are lost if you forget the fruits of the earth belong to all and that the earth belongs to no one." - Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Comment

• Profile - Change your options - Change Avatar - Move to the bottom of the page:
      "You can upload an avatar from your computer:" do it from there.
      Be good, and if at first you don't succeed, perhaps failure will be back in fashion soon. -- teh Spamski

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

• Thank you for helping me. And now the moment of truth to see if it works.
        "The first man who, having fenced off a plot of land, thought of saying, 'This is mine' and found people simple enough to believe him was the real founder of civil society. How many crimes, wars, murders, how many miseries and horrors might the human race had been spared by the one who, upon pulling up the stakes or filling in the ditch, had shouted to his fellow men: 'Beware of listening to this imposter; you are lost if you forget the fruits of the earth belong to all and that the earth belongs to no one." - Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Comment

• I don't see any avatars!

Comment

• Me too. Sadly. But it will return in a couple minutes I believe. This is how it works nowadays.
            Be good, and if at first you don't succeed, perhaps failure will be back in fashion soon. -- teh Spamski

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

• If they don't return soon, that would really suck for me. To see all the avatars, get one for me, but not get to see it in action. Oh well, at least when someone clicks on my profile they can see my avatar. BTW, too bad they only let you have 80x80 pixels. At the other forum I go to it is 100x110.

Comment

• They're back!!!!! I finally have a unique avatar!!!

Comment

• Every time people post 2 consecutive posts the avatars cut out to protest the blatant abuse.

Comment

• But you have mixed up the chickens with the eggs I believe DrSpike. In my case it was the cut off that trigged my second consecutive post.

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

• The custom ones have been on-and-off, but the library ones (like mine) seem to have stayed on.
                      cIV list: cheats
                      Now watch this drive!

Comment

• Originally posted by HongHu
                        But you have mixed up the chickens with the eggs I believe DrSpike. In my case it was the cut off that trigged my second consecutive post.
                        You underestimate Mark's ability...........paradoxically he has set up the server to anticipate your behaviour.

Comment

• It's easy to anticipate the posters here, none of them can resist the chance to spam.
                          American by birth, smarter than the average tropical fruit by the grace of Me. -me
                          I try not to break the rules but merely to test their elasticity. -- Bill Veeck | Don't listed to the Linux Satanist, people. - St. Leo | If patching security holes was the top priority of any of us(no matter the OS), we'd do nothing else. - Me, in a tired and accidental attempt to draw fire from all three sides.
                          Posted with Mozilla Firebird running under Sawfish on a Slackware Linux install.:p
                          XGalaga.

Comment

• Off again

Comment

• Originally posted by DrSpike

You underestimate Mark's ability...........paradoxically he has set up the server to anticipate your behaviour.
                              Ahhh. That explains it.

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

• hi ,

, they are back

but not in all threads , .....

well that shall be fixed in a matter of time also , .....

have a nice weekend
                                - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
                                - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
                                WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

Working...
                                X