Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it possible to receive updated to a =Forum= ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it possible to receive updated to a =Forum= ?

Hi,

There is this useful feature "Receive updates to this thread", but is there also something like "Receive updates to this Forum"?

I just want to be noticed of all posts in, say, my Team Forum.

I noticed the button "Subscribe to this Forum" but I think it just doesn't do what I want it to.
    Greatest moments in cat:

I think you have to activate E-mail notification.
    Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
    Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

You mean in the Control Panel? But then it'll send me mail whenever someone replies to any thread I've posted in. Not quite the same as selecting a specific Forum. Plus, I was hoping to get notified whenever a new message would appear in such a Forum...
      Greatest moments in cat:

Comment

I don't think there is such a feature.

Comment

I thought that subscribing to a forum would allow you to be notified of any posts in that forum, just like a thread. It will be wierd if it doesn't work like that.
          I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

No, subscribe-to-forum it just puts it in your control panel and the bit on the main Apolyton page below your avatar. Thank goodness. It'd be hell receiving email for every post in the 8 forums I'm subscribed to.

Surely you can just read every thread in the forum you want to subscribe to every time you visit? And then go back everytime a little yellow envelope goes red.
            Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
            "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Yeah, what the wombat said.
              If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

Sure, I could, but I'm just a lazy Monster...
                Greatest moments in cat:

Comment

Subscribing takes the fun out of hunting for new threads to post in.

I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Or you could just reply in everything and use My Threads.

Comment

That's a good suggestion ixnay...
                      Keep on Civin'
                      RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Reply in everything? Now that would be unrealistic, since I don't have anything to add to =all= the threads.

Seriously - Ming (I don't know if you are in charge of these sort of things), is it a good idea to add the feature I proposed?
                        Greatest moments in cat:

Comment

Such a feature would overload the server as it would soon have to send out dozens if not hundreds of emails per second.
                          Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Ah - that's a good point, Locutus.
                            Greatest moments in cat:

Comment

I get enough email from thread reply notifications.

I guess the guy wanted this for quite quiet forums, since it would be chaotic otherwise.

Comment

Working...
                              X