Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Every time I post a new reply, something interesting happens...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some people who I KNOW have avatars (alexmn, Big Crunch, H Tower) have dissapeared avatars

Comment

Do other people's avatars appear while those people's avatars are gone?
      If not, then it could just be the standard "heavy load" measures that Settler2 uses.
      I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Originally posted by Frozzy
        Some people who I KNOW have avatars (alexmn, Big Crunch, H Tower) have dissapeared avatars
        Are you saying some avatars appear whilst others do not? I've never experienced that particular phenomena.
        One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Yeah, just those ones are gone

Comment

So do you get a red-x in place of their avatars, or is it just completly gone?
            I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Originally posted by Frozzy
              Yeah, just those ones are gone

That's really weird................still, a few intermittent problems the last few days, so maybe it will sort itself out.

Comment

It is strange. I can't think of a reason why some avatars on a page would load, but others wouldn't. If the server went to high-load mode halfway through send the page data to Frozzy, it is possible that it might not send everyones avatars but that would only occur on the one page.

The only explaination I can come up with is that Markos has added a mid-load setting where most avatars are shown but some posters' avatars are not. And he has something against certain posters.

Comment

Is it to do with the file type uploaded as an avatar?

Edit- probably not as it appears they are all converted to gif files anyway.
                  One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Not GIF. JPEG.
                    (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                    (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                    (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

jpeg?

All the avatars in this page are gif. For example, yours is "avatar2565_2.gif".

Comment

So it is. What the heck?
                        (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                        (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                        (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Working...
                        X