Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nomic

The Rules of Nomic

Nomic is a game in which you change its rules. A game has recently started up at MZO (see my sig if you want to take a look at it), and I was wondering whether people here might want to play and whether Markos would be interested in making a little forum here if there were a lot of people interested in playing.

COmments? Ideas? If we did play, we wouldn't use the exact starting rules I linked to above, but it would probably be something based on them.

This strangely reminds me of the amendment craze in the Civ3 democracy game last July... An interesting concept, but not really for me (the legalese makes my head hurt)
    "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
    "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
    "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Isn't Nomic that Douglas Hofstadter thing? I remember playing this as a drinking game in college with some philosophy students who lived across the way from me. Can't imagine playing it sober.
      "We are living in the future, I'll tell you how I know, I read it in the paper, Fifteen years ago" - John Prine

Comment

I too would have to be insanely drunk to play this. And I would have to be completely sober to keep all the rules straigh. Perhaps the game just isn't for me.
        I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

I'm with Skanky on this one.
          (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
          (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
          (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

I wouldn't be able to play it even if I was drunk.
            I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

Working...
            X