X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Panag
    replied
    hi ,

, its bound to happen sooner or later , .....

"cultural take-over" , ....

have a nice day

Leave a comment:

• Rasbelin
    replied
    I never understood it, except for its humor value.

Leave a comment:

• M. le Comte
    replied
    I do not understand this thread any more.

Leave a comment:

• DrSpike
    replied
    Originally posted by Tuberski
    Unity?

If we combined the 2, it would be a lot harder to ignore the people from Civfanatics.
    I nominate this to be one of the new quotes.

Leave a comment:

• Rasbelin
    replied
    CGN

Leave a comment:

• Tuberski
    replied
    Originally posted by Skanky Burns
    3) The opinion of the ACS administrator fits his private interests. And is private interest and general Good always the same ?

Actually, the admins' private interests are important. Much more than other's interests. If an admin loses interest in keeping the site uptodate, where does that leave the rest of us?
    CivFanatics.

ACK!

Leave a comment:

• Skanky Burns
    replied
    3) The opinion of the ACS administrator fits his private interests. And is private interest and general Good always the same ?

Actually, the admins' private interests are important. Much more than other's interests. If an admin loses interest in keeping the site uptodate, where does that leave the rest of us?

Leave a comment:

• Tuberski
    replied
    Unity?

If we combined the 2, it would be a lot harder to ignore the people from Civfanatics.

Oh, and vice versa.

ACK!

Leave a comment:

• Hueij
    replied
    What are the differences of "culture" between the two forum ?

Just visit the Off Topic forum here and see what Apolyton REALLY is about

Leave a comment:

• St Leo
    replied
    No. Apolyton's layout may be ugly but that of CivFanatics is worse.

Leave a comment:

• Japher
    replied
    no... the run too many stupid polls

Leave a comment:

• moomin
    replied
    Scratch the sole reason to go down that line then.

Leave a comment:

• Ming
    replied
    Originally posted by Rasbelin
    And also, who would want to see Ming without his magic wand? Now that would be blaspheme. The reasoning is that all the staff would have to be reorganised.
    And what makes you think I would be left out...

I'm on good terms with TF as well

Something tells me that if the impossible did happen, I would still have a job

Leave a comment:

• Ming
    replied
    Originally posted by M. le Comte
    To be honest... IT DOESN'T MATTER.

A "private" site is just that... private. It's up to the owners of this private site to do as they please.

While you might not like that... tough... this isn't a democracy. They can do whatever they want, because they OWN the site

If you would like to see things run differently, create your own site...

Leave a comment:

• Rasbelin
    replied
    Actually you can find one dusty little SMAC forum there, which is hidden under some other forum. And yes, CFC is indeed for sporadic Civ fans. Especially Civ III as you say, GePap. Also an issue which seems to be forgotten, is that if all of both sites would be merged, think about what kind of an OTF we would get. Welcome to the banana republic! And also, who would want to see Ming without his magic wand? Now that would be blaspheme. The reasoning is that all the staff would have to be reorganised.

As for your #2, think about the differencies in OTF culture. There's indeed a difference between the two sites off-topic communities. Many of the things which are allowed here, won't be accepted there, so we would then need a Guantanamo Bay for the increased number of detainees.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X