X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Re: Suggestion for the OT

Originally posted by Ming

Question Asked, and Answered...

There were far more cases of people spamming the OTF with new threads and only a few cases where it seemed justified to start more than 2...
    So you can blame all the morons for the rule being put in place. And until told differently by the owners, it will stay in place.

I personally like the rule because of what people have done in the past.
    How many of those people are still here? I've seen a lot of legitimate threads closed just because of the 2 a day rule.

ACK!
    Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Hmmm... lately... I haven't seen ANY reason to allow three threads based on the few that have broken the rule

And while some of the "morons" are no longer here, there is a long list of people who have taken their place
      Keep on Civin'
      RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

/me wonders if he has ever started 3 threads in a day.....

Nope.

ACK!
        Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

I'll admit that sometimes I look the other way, if it's a poster that hasn't done it before, and has three good topics. But as Ming said, it's rare. Discretion is best.

RAH
          It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

If OT had postcount, posters wouldn't come to the Poly boneyard to spam.
            People came here to do that long before PC in the OT didn't count
            -->Visit CGN!
            -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

I've decided to actively involve myself in on-topic discussions just so I can be able to have a custom avatar already.

I'm up to about 250 now.

Although I wish OT did count, it is interesting to involve myself in topics other than political debates. After all, I didn't come to Apolyton for politics when I first found it.
              John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

I suppose that is a good policy, reducing clutter in the OTF.
                (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Working...
                X