Live at ApolyCon 06

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MarkG
    just arrived in DC, here's a sneak preview of our upcoming Firaxis Tour feature:

an screenshot form the alpha version of Sid Meier's Railroads (coming this fall)!!
    Looks like LGBs! Great trains...

-Arrian
    grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

So, when's the next Apolycon?
      Maybe I'll be able to come!
      Formerly known as "CyberShy"
      Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

Well, I am back at work, I didn't make it to bed until 6 pm Sunday. It got a little sketchy there for some of the driving (both on the way down, and after the wedding).

JM
        Jon Miller-
        I AM.CANADIAN
        GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

You had a wedding to go to on sunday... (now I think I recall you saying so...)? Yuck. Did you go to bed after you kicked my ass in MP, or did you hang with Soren, Trip et al and the Apolytoners?
          Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
          1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

How nerdish and geeky is Sid?

Comment

I thought Brian was nerdier.

I left before you Donegeal. I was up for 36 hours before I went to bed Sunday evening.

JM
              Jon Miller-
              I AM.CANADIAN
              GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Originally posted by Ecthy
                How nerdish and geeky is Sid?
                He was rather quiet, so we don't have a reply for you Ecthy. Part of Sid's presentation was the history of Civ.

There sure was quite a group of Firaxians there.. TOOOOOOOOOOOO bad some missed it. Hopefully Gramps Troll will get a full CD with the conference events. Yea.. us few had ALL of them to ourselves!

Hopefully there will be a "next time."

Thanks Grampy Troll, You are a real sweetie, our patron saint.

Comment

I'd just love to know what they all spoke about.

We need an Apolycon in Australia. That way I wouldn't need to spend $4000 getting there and back.

Dale

Comment

Hi Dale,

I think that will happen after everyone gets sorted. I only saw three beers total that weekend, but guess that everyone is still rather "hung over" from the ultimate civ experience.

Half of the group was from Europe, so you will get more information when everyone "recovers."

Comment

I'm just wondering how everyone liked it here in Baltimore.

We certainly had nice weather for July. Usually, it's 90 (32C) degrees, and stormy in the evening rather than the 80 (26C) degree weather we had. Also, anyone from Europe have trouble navigating on the "right" side of the road?
                      Come over to CFC! | My Pre-Apolyton Roots! ;)
                      Civfanatics Moderator of the Civ3, Civ4 Sections and the MP Demogame
                      Born in TUC2S, Raised in Apolyton, Currently living in CFC. :D

Comment

Originally posted by condor223

He was rather quiet, so we don't have a reply for you Ecthy. Part of Sid's presentation was the history of Civ.

There sure was quite a group of Firaxians there.. TOOOOOOOOOOOO bad some missed it. Hopefully Gramps Troll will get a full CD with the conference events. Yea.. us few had ALL of them to ourselves!

Hopefully there will be a "next time."

Thanks Grampy Troll, You are a real sweetie, our patron saint.
                        That would be awesome but unfortunately my accident knocked me out of the running to go and alas I had to back out

I was their in spirit, loved the pics and yes a wee bit on envy for those privileged to be there!

Glad a great time was had by all!!!!

Be well

Grandpa "Recovering slow but sure" Troll
                        Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Originally posted by Chieftess
                          Also, anyone from Europe have trouble navigating on the "right" side of the road?
                          On continental Europe, we drive on the right-hand side, so no problems with adjusting there

It's just the pedestrian unfriendliness of the place. Not exactly seven-lane highways, but I did have to wait for the opportune moment to take myself and my luggage across the streets.

Comment

I used "right" as a play on words (right side and wrong side). Don't they drive on the opposite side of the road? (Atleast in one movie I saw that).
                            Come over to CFC! | My Pre-Apolyton Roots! ;)
                            Civfanatics Moderator of the Civ3, Civ4 Sections and the MP Demogame
                            Born in TUC2S, Raised in Apolyton, Currently living in CFC. :D

Comment

Sid's not particularly nerdish, i'd say. Perhaps more so than Barry, less so than Soren? Dunno.
                              <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                              I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

O... yea

That was the hotel driver that pulled up at the wrong side of the road to pick some of us up on the way to the Blue Stone. That was a pretty exciting moment

Comment

Working...
                                X