Should we freeze the ACPSG?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should we freeze the ACPSG?

In the month of September the ACDTG was humming of activity. During that time the idea was proposed to start a second "ACDG", this time back a single player game. It took a while to get things organized, but finally we managed to get our own forum and our own special scenario.
    Since then however the activity has stayed at a very low pace. Despite the many A's and B's in my "Your participation rate?" poll, I can only observe there are hardly any discussions or polls organized about game matters. The ACDTG seems to be suffering from a similar inactivity, where several of the "veteran members" are too busy IRL and can't spend as much time anymore on Apolyton. There have been similar periods where there was a low activity in the ACDTG, and after a while the activity increased again, but this time the inactivity here in the ACPSG has been lasting right from the start of the game.
    Therefore I was wondering if we should freeze the ACPSG until more members become active again. I certainly want this game to go on, but it is impossible to continue the ACPSG right now if there aren't any polls and discussions.
    Yes
    35.29%
    No
    58.82%
    Write-in
    0.00%
    Xenobanana
    5.88%
    Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
    Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

I'm the only one whos voted in this poll. After all this time.

Which STRONGLY indicates that yes, we should.
    Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
    Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

It's been two hours. Give it time.

As for myself, I'm withholding my vote until I see whether this stirs up any activity in the forum. It hasn't yet, to any significant degree...
      Adam T. Gieseler

Comment

I have not been here for the weekend just because of a very busy weekend. As for the inactivity, I could try to throw together a RP thread or something...
        She cheats her lover of his due
        but still contrives to keep him tied
        by first deciding to refuse
        and then refusing to decide

Comment

Yes, it is a new game. Just give it a little time, some TLC, and it should be fine.

BTW, I wasn't there due to homework problems...
          Join a Democracy Game today!
          | APO: Civ4 - Civ4 Multi-Team - Civ4 Warlords Multi-Team - SMAC | CFC: Civ4 DG2 - Civ4 Multi-Team - Civ3 Multi-Team 2 | Civ3 ISDG - Civ4 ISDG |

Comment

Don't freeze. I didn't have much time lately to post because of personal reason and exam period....and also the lack of a savegame. At least i couldn't find one, so i assumed we didn't start the game yet...

But i just saw the turn report thread and i'll get the savegame from there.
            <Kassiopeia> you don't keep the virgins in your lair at a sodomising distance from your beasts or male prisoners. If you devirginised them yourself, though, that's another story. If they devirginised each other, then, I hope you had that webcam running.
            Play Bumps! No, wait, play Slings!

Comment

I think we shouldn't. I haven't had much time lately either, but that will pick up, since I should have more time soon.
              Smile
              For though he was master of the world, he was not quite sure what to do next
              But he would think of something

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker

Comment

Yay! It's been defeated.

Now we can all go back to sleep
                Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
                Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

I monitor the place, having been one of the two people who started this initiative (along with Darkness' Edge). Am unsure where he got to, but I have long since realised that the victors in polls were not what I wanted at all. I feel there is/will be too much RP, and the Politburo thing is just weird to me. I also object (partly for historical reasons of my own ) to a Constitution.

Thus, although all of these are just personal and I could never expect a whole game to change just to accommodate me, these are the reasons why I am not active in a game I so wanted to have set up.
                  Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

MWIA, how would you organize a game without some rules (a constitution) to prevent possible conflict (as in the first ACDG) and to make things flow more easier?
                    Also, I don't see why you couldn't ignore the RP and only participate in in-game discussions.

Lemmy, if you still want the initial scenario file, there's a download link to it in the FAQ, under "How do I join?".

Anyway, it's clear there is a majority for not freezing the game. In that case, please note that I will not "force" officials to post their polls and discussions. This is a voluntary effort. Me complaining to officials all the time would only reduce the fun of this ACPSG for those officials, and we already have a shortage of people willing to take some initiatives as it is.

Comment

The caveat to that, if I may presume to say so, is that the active members of the Politburo may choose to go forward without your input.

The Chairman and General Secretary have emergency powers for good reason. But it would be tragic if this turned into a game of only a few active people. So let's not let that happen.
                      Adam T. Gieseler

Comment

The caveat to that, if I may presume to say so, is that the active members of the Politburo may choose to go forward without your input.
                        Go forward with what without my input?

The Chairman and General Secretary have emergency powers for good reason.
                        Emergency powers are useful if one or two officials are temporary unable to organize polls and write orders, to prevent the game from stalling, and thus prevent decreasing the fun for all other remaining active participants. Emergency powers aren't meant IMHO to act completely on our own without any input from other ACPSG participants, like GT, you and I had to do during the last chat.
                        Last edited by Maniac; November 4, 2003, 19:09.

Comment

I was originally very interested in the PS idea, but after the polls for how to work it with the officials and politburo, and seeing how it started, I don't really 'get it'. It's different than ACDTG (I wasn't in the first ACDG). I haven't voted on this poll, because I basically don't feel like I'm in this game and don't feel like I should vote. I wanted to be in it, but it's not what I expected.
                          "Give to Caesar what is Caesar's? Pay no attention to Caesar. He doesn't have a clue what's really going on." -Cat's Cradle

Comment

MWIA and jtsisyoda, what exactly do you find so weird about the official and politburo system that you don't get it? Just wondering how things are perceived by relative "outsiders".

Comment

First tell me what you don't understand about electron spin matrices, then I'll answer your question.
                              "Give to Caesar what is Caesar's? Pay no attention to Caesar. He doesn't have a clue what's really going on." -Cat's Cradle

Comment

Working...
                              X