Let a CMN surprise us!
    12.50%
    Write-in
    0.00%
    [img]http://central.masterzen.net/html/emoticons/banana.gif[/img]
    4.17%

The poll is expired.

Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
    Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

I haven't voted on this one yet. My question is do we want to meet our rivals later in the game when we have established solid advances in all areas before engaging in massive battles or do we want to fight it over from the beginning?
    Be good, and if at first you don't succeed, perhaps failure will be back in fashion soon. -- teh Spamski

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

Voted large. We want to expand first, but also meet people before 2150. Makes it more of a mixed game rather than just a builder.
      Smile
      For though he was master of the world, he was not quite sure what to do next
      But he would think of something

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker

Comment

Good question. For me it depends on how much the AIs will be beefe up.

Ah yes, I'll post the map sizes. Perhaps they are a help for voters.

Code:
        Tiny planet|(early conflict), 24, 48
        Small planet,                 32, 64
        Standard planet,              40, 80
        Large planet,                 44, 90
        Huge planet|(late conflict),  64, 128

Comment

Standard.
          We had just enough people tto run last DG, and now with the aquatic ability, we'll have more potential base sites, so a smaller map then last time seems in order.
          I think we had large last game, so i'm voting Standard now.
          <Kassiopeia> you don't keep the virgins in your lair at a sodomising distance from your beasts or male prisoners. If you devirginised them yourself, though, that's another story. If they devirginised each other, then, I hope you had that webcam running.
          Play Bumps! No, wait, play Slings!

Comment

I do wish we meet somebody within 40-60 years. Given that it would be sea map, and with foils, we could meet others much quicker than by land. Were this a land base I would hesitate having too large a map. But if this is a sea map than maybe a larger map may not be as much a problem.
            Promoter of Public Morale
            Alpha Centauri Democracy Game

Comment

large.

Comment

Huge - even Ultra-Huge (foils traversing at 4 per turn will have a large world mapped out completely in less than 50 turns)

And disable the MCC (elite cruisers would have a 9-tile movement with the MCC)

G.

Comment

Large seems nice for a sea/ocean-based game.

Comment

Large sounds good - we want some time alone to sort ourselves and our politics out, but we also want to meet others within a reasonable timeframe to condemn their Bolshevik panderings have meaningful discussions on political science.
                    Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

I'm kind of new to the ACDG and somewhat lurking... but er, put me down for large map! I'd go with huge or ultra-huge since I love epic games, but I understand it would get pretty boring in the beginning.
                      First Civ3DG: 3rd and 4th Term Minister of Public Works. | Second Civ3DG: First Term Vice President | ISDG: Ambassador in the Foreign Affairs Ministry | Save Apolyton! Kill the Off-Topic Forum!

(04/29/2004) [Trip] we will see who is best in the next round ; [Trip] that is why I left this team ; [Trip] I don't need the rest of you to win |
                      The solution to 1984 is 1776! | Here's to hoping that GoW's military isn't being run by MasterZen: Hehe! | DaveRocks! or something. ;)

Comment

Not to mention being a nightmare at the end. We had a Huge map last game, and moving all the units around at the end of the game was horrible...

Comment

And we weren't even properly warmngering!
                          Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

Between Standard and large. For the reasons given above.
                            Heinrich, King of Germany, Duke of Saxony in Cyclotron's amazing Holy Roman Empire NES
                            Let me eat your yummy brain!
                            "be like Micha!" - Cyclotron

Comment

So... large map or slightly above large map? Large is the most chosen option, but there are more people voting larger than large than smaller than large. When you calculate, the mean is somewhere in the middle between "Large" and "Customized by CMN: somewhere between Large and Huge".

Comment

Working...
                              X