Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maniac
    replied
    I think Large, since the mean is closer to that than to between "large and huge" IIRC, and the latter means more work.
    Good argument. I'll put "large map" in the thread of things already decided.

Leave a comment:

• Drogue
    replied
    Give the CMN this poll and tell him to follow it as best he sees fit I think Large, since the mean is closer to that than to between "large and huge" IIRC, and the latter means more work.

Leave a comment:

• Maniac
    replied
    So... large map or slightly above large map? Large is the most chosen option, but there are more people voting larger than large than smaller than large. When you calculate, the mean is somewhere in the middle between "Large" and "Customized by CMN: somewhere between Large and Huge".

Leave a comment:

• Micha
    replied
    Between Standard and large. For the reasons given above.

Leave a comment:

• MrWhereItsAt
    replied
    And we weren't even properly warmngering!

Leave a comment:

• GeneralTacticus
    replied
    Not to mention being a nightmare at the end. We had a Huge map last game, and moving all the units around at the end of the game was horrible...

Leave a comment:

• WhiteBandit
    replied
    I'm kind of new to the ACDG and somewhat lurking... but er, put me down for large map! I'd go with huge or ultra-huge since I love epic games, but I understand it would get pretty boring in the beginning.

Leave a comment:

• MrWhereItsAt
    replied
    Large sounds good - we want some time alone to sort ourselves and our politics out, but we also want to meet others within a reasonable timeframe to condemn their Bolshevik panderings have meaningful discussions on political science.

Leave a comment:

• Phenix
    replied
    Large seems nice for a sea/ocean-based game.

Leave a comment:

• Googlie
    replied
    Huge - even Ultra-Huge (foils traversing at 4 per turn will have a large world mapped out completely in less than 50 turns)

And disable the MCC (elite cruisers would have a 9-tile movement with the MCC)

G.

Leave a comment:

• Method
    replied
    large.

Leave a comment:

• Vev
    replied
    I do wish we meet somebody within 40-60 years. Given that it would be sea map, and with foils, we could meet others much quicker than by land. Were this a land base I would hesitate having too large a map. But if this is a sea map than maybe a larger map may not be as much a problem.

Leave a comment:

• Lemmy
    replied
    Standard.
    We had just enough people tto run last DG, and now with the aquatic ability, we'll have more potential base sites, so a smaller map then last time seems in order.
    I think we had large last game, so i'm voting Standard now.

Leave a comment:

• Maniac
    replied
    Good question. For me it depends on how much the AIs will be beefe up.

Ah yes, I'll post the map sizes. Perhaps they are a help for voters.

Code:
    Tiny planet|(early conflict), 24, 48
    Small planet,                 32, 64
    Standard planet,              40, 80
    Large planet,                 44, 90
    Huge planet|(late conflict),  64, 128

Leave a comment:

• Drogue
    replied
    Voted large. We want to expand first, but also meet people before 2150. Makes it more of a mixed game rather than just a builder.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X