• Gecko Game turn Thread

SMAC game
    Transcend difficulty

Turn order:
    mox (todd@sudoflux.com) is the Gaians
    Lazerus (Kris_no1@hotmail.com) is the Hive
    Gunnar Thor (gunnith@nff.is) is the Spartans
    duMa (modowd724@hotmail.com) is the Believers

The AI's: Morgan, Zak, and Lal are present & have been given a few extra units etc to keep it interesting.

Large Planet
    Normal worms, high rainfall and average erosion.

All victories are on, including co-operative
    Tech steal when conquering is on
    Directed research is on
    Do or die is on.

(This is slightly different to what Gunnar emailed me, I hope you'll forgive me.)

You each start with 3 CP's and 2 Scouts (except Sparta which has a Scout and a Rover).

The first turn has been sent to Mox. You should all know your passwords, if you have forgotten, please email me.

jcrocombe@aardvark.net.au

Hobbes
    If you want to kiss the sky/Better learn how to kneel/On your knees boy - U2, Mysterious Ways

http://zanature.wordpress.com

Woo thanks Hobbes
    Learn to overcome the crass demands of flesh and bone, for they warp the matrix through which we perceive the world. Extend your awareness outward, beyond the self of body, to embrace the self of group and the self of humanity. The goals of the group and the greater race are transcendant, and to embrace them is to acheive enlightenment.

Comment

Excellent, thanks Hobbes.
      "Aye, I suppose I can stay up that late."

James C. Maxwell when he was told there was a mandatory 6 AM mass at the Cambridge chapel.

Comment

Thanks again Hobbes.
        I saw your email this morning but I didn't see the attached turn for Gecko. Could you double check?

Comment

Errr, ummmmmmm, yes, well, I forgot to attach the turn.

Sent now.

If you want to kiss the sky/Better learn how to kneel/On your knees boy - U2, Mysterious Ways

Comment

I don't see it yet, I'll check in the morning.

Comment

Hmmmmmmm, I did send it, but here it is in case it got lost.

Hobbes
              Attached Files

Comment

Very odd. Still nothing. Thanks for posting it and getting us going.

2102 to Chairman Lazerus

Good luck all!

Comment

Turn sent to Gunnar

Took 4 goes to remember this was a smac pbem and why smax kept crashing when i tried to load it

Gunnar : i didn't zip the file since in the other pbem im in had some probs with winzip versions clashing and files not able to be unzipped properly so just sent it in chunk. If your on a dial-up and want to see if zip will work in future just say.
                  Learn to overcome the crass demands of flesh and bone, for they warp the matrix through which we perceive the world. Extend your awareness outward, beyond the self of body, to embrace the self of group and the self of humanity. The goals of the group and the greater race are transcendant, and to embrace them is to acheive enlightenment.

Comment

Me, I'd like mine zipped, since the file size becomes about 10% of the original size. I've got Hotmail... they like to close down accounts if they've got too much stuff in there. Lazerus, I'd suggest you get yourself a new copy of WinZip if you have problems with the version you have.
                    Another Roadside Attraction

Comment

Lazerus, did you have any problem opening the zip I sent you?

I'll keep zipping it if there isn't a problem, easier sending that small file.

Comment

Turn received, played, zipped and sent to duMa.

I have ADSL so just send me the turns unzipped, I hate unzipping anyway.

James C. Maxwell when he was told there was a mandatory 6 AM mass at the Cambridge chapel.

Comment

Gecko-Mox-2103.zip sent.

Odd... I can see the Spartan base on my map.
                          Another Roadside Attraction

Comment

Originally posted by duMa
                            Gecko-Mox-2103.zip sent.

Odd... I can see the Spartan base on my map.
                            Don't even think about it.

Strange though.

Comment

I didn't get a chance to play my turn before work this morning, I'll either play it at lunch if I can break away or when I get home (6.5 hours from now )

Comment

Working...
                              X