New PBEM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New PBEM

I'm interested in playing a new PBEM game. I don't know anyone who will be a moderator. Anyone else looking for a new game?
    "When you ride alone, you ride with Bin Ladin"-Bill Maher
    "All capital is dripping with blood."-Karl Marx
    "Of course, my response to your Marx quote is 'So?'"-Imran Siddiqui

I'm interested...but need more info

Can you tell me what sort of game you have in mind? Then if I'm still interested, I'll declare what faction I want to be.

Comment

oops!

Comment

oops!

Comment

Sorry Arcainite. Let me get right back to you? If there are particular settings that you want I'm open.

Comment

Ok, how is this to start with?

Large planet with 50 to 70% ocean coverage.
            All the other planet settings on average.

Difficulty on thinker.

The following rules selected;
            All victory conditions
            Do or Die
            Look First
            No Unity Survey
            Bell Curve

I like to play as the Believers. I think we should take turns selecting the AI players. I don't really like to play with the Caretakers in the game, but I will if you so desire.

edit: I'm assuming you have SMAX, but SMAC is of with me.

Comment

i'm interested in joining.
              rules and map : anything goes for me

faction: would prefer HIVE if we play SMAC, the pirates if SMAX, but then again if they are no available, no problem, give me any faction.

Comment

new PBEM player - some experience solo and map designing

I am interested in a PBEM game. I would prefer the Pirates if SMAX (unless it's decided nobody can play them for balance) or the Data Angels. If Native Life is abundant, I would consider playing the Gaians.

I could also moderate this game if you cannot find anyone (this might be a good move so I can watch a PBEM evolve). I could do the typical hands off, or I could do multiple starts till a good map was generated and place everybody more or less equally. While I'm no expert, I can do a better job than the SMAC starting place AI does.

If I may suggest it, use the Aliens as AI's and Transcend simply because that gives a good, tough AI opponent. The only drawback is if they randomly get put next door to you at the start.
                The worst form of insubordination is being right - Keith D., marine veteran. A dictator will starve to the last civilian - self-quoted
                And on the eigth day, God realized it was Monday, and created caffeine. And behold, it was very good. - self-quoted
                Klaatu: I'm impatient with stupidity. My people have learned to live without it.
                Mr. Harley: I'm afraid my people haven't. I'm very sorry… I wish it were otherwise.

Comment

Ok, count me in.

I'll try the Cult of Planet. I'm trying factions I have never played before. If we play original, I'll just be the University. My e-mail is Arcainite@aol.com.
                  Arcainite

Comment

How about an anti-research hybrid game.

We have possible volunteers for the Believers, the Hive and Cult of Planet. I'll take a shot at Domai. Play transcend to make the AI tough, though I'm open to Librarian. Use the Aliens as tough AI's. Add the Spartans for the last AI, or if you want something really macabre add in the Cybernetics, because nobody will want to let the others conquer them (University is too easy to probe). Akin to the ultimate secret project, conquer the Cybernetics :-)

Do want want to permit tech via base conquest? I normally turn it off, and it will make tech just that much more valuable. If we don't get a moderator, can I suggest we play "Do or Die" as a game rule, but turn it off to give people a chance to redo their starting position if it really sucks (I've never tried it, but I understand you can eliminate all your starting units and then restart again). I've started a solo game on a twelve square almost desert island. The game made up for it by giving me two colony pods and no transport, and my first supply pod had worms.
                    The worst form of insubordination is being right - Keith D., marine veteran. A dictator will starve to the last civilian - self-quoted
                    And on the eigth day, God realized it was Monday, and created caffeine. And behold, it was very good. - self-quoted
                    Klaatu: I'm impatient with stupidity. My people have learned to live without it.
                    Mr. Harley: I'm afraid my people haven't. I'm very sorry… I wish it were otherwise.

Comment

This is started to sould like a fun game. You are all choosing my favorite factions.

There is one thing I suggest. If we don't have a moderator I would not like to have the Caretakers in the game. They can be tough when they are placed right next to you.

Transcend level is ok with me. That may be good for the Hive player, or is there a Hive player.

Let me right down who I think people want to play in a SMAC game.

DuncanK-Believers
                      Sevencubed-Pirates (anyone object?)
                      Shawnmmcc-Drones
                      Arcanite-Cult of Planet

Shawnmmcc,

We don't have a moderator right now, and I don't know if I can find one. If you want to moderate that is ok, but you don't have to. I think the only team that may need good starting position is the Drones, since it takes them awhile to research their first important techs. The other factions can make due easily, with the possible exception of the Believers.

I agree with having the tougher factions in it. It's too easy when someone has a wimp next to them in the early game to make their quick submisive. Everyone agree? But if we don't have a moderator its ok to put wimps in and leave it up to luck. After all winningg isn't everything. Someone is bound to get some advantage and its fun to try and take them down regardless.

Comment

my email is full_throttlegr@yahoo.com

Comment

Definitely agreeable to everything except with that mix and the Pirates. Especially at 50-70% ocean coverage. Unless a Pirate player gets unlucky, or the Cult or Gaians get early mobility and IOD captures, they are one of the toughest factions. If sevencubed would agree to the Hive, the game would be more balanced. I figure with the Drones I won't win, but at least it will be interesting :-)

Comment

Maybe sevencubed will agree. I personally have had very close games with very good players here under similar conditions when they played the Pirates, but either way is good for me.

Anyway, if they will be to powerfull we can all work together to keep them in check

Comment

Yes, I could CMN this game for you. This is what I have so far. Any changes?
                              In my opinion the Pirates would not unbalance the game so I will leave them in for now unless I hear otherwise.
                              I need DuncanK e-mail address, didn’t see it within the thread.

DuncanK – Believers -
                              Arcainite – Cult - Arcainite@aol.com
                              Sevencubed – Pirates - full_throttlegr@yahoo.com
                              Shawnmmcc – Drones - shawnmmcc@hotmail.com

CMN – Shadowlord3 – dmshadowlord3@yahoo.com

Large planet
                              50-70% water
                              Average everything else
                              The following rules selected;
                              All victory conditions
                              Do or Die
                              Look First