Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Game for new member??

Hi all,

Just found this site, its a while since i played a PBEM and am looking for a game of Xfire if there are any going.

I can get turns done pretty quick but cant guarantee them everyday, though other times I can bounce them off several a day.

Please let me know if there any going.
    Pull up a chair, the game begins when we cast off.

Chett Steele.
    River Boat Gambler.

Ill play

Sure, Im up for a good e-mail game. Just post again and we can set a date and agree on rules.
    Anybody else want in on this?
    Sea Kings TOT

Sors salutis/ et virtutis/ michi nunc contraria,/ est affectus/ et defectus/ semper in angaria./
    Hac in hora/ sine mora/ corde pulsem tangite;/ quod per sortem/ sternit fortem,/ mecum omnes plangite!

Comment

Sure, Im in
      Raveland:
      A land where the trees looks like big soundsystems, the flowers seemed to become ravers and the air smells like happiness!!!

Comment

Well ... thats 3 of us

Best if someone else ssets the game up, I have not done this for a while, as for rules, I am easy.

Just dont use any jargon when explaining them ok, cos I am bound to miss something!

Look forward to it starting when we have enough players.

Chett Steele.
        River Boat Gambler.

Comment

Count me in too.

4 people should be enough for a decent game. Any more than that and the turns tend to get rather slow.
          Veni Vidi Castravi Illegitimos

Comment

Hi,

I'm in!

If anyone is interested I was thinking of starting World
            War 4!

That would be SMACX rules, Earth map (the good one)
            advanced start, Iron Man. That means you get four or so bases plus a fair number of units at the start.

Basically the plot is that it's the far future, two alien races have invaded earth and five factions remain, small but developed a little but not much. Essentially they're what's left of what were once great nations. The aliens are on the back foot though due to not getting on with the flu' virus but are fighting back.

We play the factions, AI plays the aliens.

Interested?

Zulu

Comment

Sounds fine to me....

Just let me know when we ready to go..

Chett Steele.
              River Boat Gambler.

Comment

Sounds good.
                I´ll take hive if that´s ok.
                Raveland:
                A land where the trees looks like big soundsystems, the flowers seemed to become ravers and the air smells like happiness!!!

Comment

Excellent.

Detailed rules are as follows:

All Victories allowed except Co-operative. There
                  can be only one Blofeld!

Do or Die.

Spoils of War.

Research will be precise, not blind. You are in control.

World Map Visible. Hey we all know what the world looks like anyway, don't we?

Time Warp. To give everybody a step up and speed the start. You usually start with three or four bases and a dozen or so units.

Iron Man.

Level is Librarian

Any Factions Allowed except Alien which will be played by the AI.

So far the setup is:

Pirates - Zulu
                  Phobos - Cult
                  Chet - Undeclared
                  Archaic - Undeclared
                  EZRhino - Undeclared

Those who are undeclared have 48 hours to decide faction. If you don't wnat to play or don't respond then
                  the invite will go out to others or the faction will be also set to AI.

Everyone will hold their own passwords so please no-one drop. Your World needs you.

All other stadard rules apply ie no cheats, no comms before in-game contact and so on.

As soon as all five factiosn are declared World war 4 will begin!

Good luck,

Zulu

Comment

Sorry, minor error, so far factions are as follows:

Pirates - Zulu
                    Phobos - Hive
                    Chet - Undeclared
                    Archaic - Undeclared
                    EZRhino - Undeclared

Comment

As soon as all five factiosn are declared World war 4 will begin!
                      So this is not a team game against the aliens? It´s ffa right?
                      Raveland:

Comment

The aliens are in so the usual rules apply ie if they get to comms their friends Earth is doomed.

But world domination is the objective with all victory conditions in place except cooperative so yeh, its a FFA.

Hey, you can still make pacts and truces though.

So the decision is whether to ally to take out the aliens or just go for it. Hehe!

Story to follow

Zulu

Comment

WORLD WAR 4.

The border troubles between India and Pakistan escalated and it was inevitable that World War 3 broke out. Heck, with curry being as hot as it is in that part of the world this came as no surprise.

Much of the earth was decimated and whole populations destroyed. Instead of nations the concept of factions grew where like minded people collected together under a charismatic leader. A bit like politicians.

At the same times creatures mutated and boils were created. Vast mobile fungae that destroyed beings with their minds. A bit like politicians.

However to add to their problems, for hundreds of years the people of earth had been under observation by not one, but two alien races. That's what all the people had seen when they stood in the Nevada desert looked up and shouted 'Hey look, there's a UFO, erm I seem to be disintegrating'.

The only reason that they had not landed earlier was that they were afraid of the vast nuclear arsenals kept by the superpowers.

But these superpowers no longer existed and so the aliens landed. They had not considered the affects of local bugs though and in particular the flu virus. So after a lot of sneezing and runny noses, thousands of the aliens were rapidly killed leaving only a token force on Earth.

Now things had balanced out the factions were in a position to fight back. But they couldn't agree on what model the Earth should be run. Hey, ho, so World War 4 began.

You take the role of the leader of a faction as you struggle for domination while having to deal with the presence of the two alien races and all those nasty creatures running around. If you fail you will disappear into the past as an ignominious nobody, like Wilfred Simpkin.

If you succeed, you will rule the world like Alexander the Great or Julius Caesar but with a large nuclear arsenal at your disposal rather than rusty old swords and dodgy drainage.

Your world needs you!

Comment

Hey Phobos,

Is your sig referring to Ibiza, that's all I can remember froma a trip there last Summer!

Zulu

Comment

Originally posted by Zulu_Mzulu

Everyone will hold their own passwords so please no-one drop. Your World needs you.
                              I'm not in this game but I would strongly urge you to all deposit your passwords with some neutral third party. If a player disappears, I do not believe there is ANY way to continue the game without the password
                              You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Working...
                              X