No announcement yet.

Turns of Red planet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've played the file I got off of Chaunk all the way to 2110 (four times), and once to 2125. Everything seems fine. I've verifyed production, research rates, and energy incomes as well for everybody. The only thing that I can see is that someone misslabeled the file somewhere along the line, or it's another one of those unexplained bugs that crop up from time to time. I'm waiting for a reply, and a last saved file from knowhow2. As soon as I verify that one, I'll let you guys know.

smhfan86 gave some good advice on top of mine. Another thing I've found useful, especially if your in several PBEM games, is that: Playing all the turns to all the games one after the other can lead to saved game's files all over different directories and/or having them misplaced somewhere. What I do is; play one at a time, save and label it, zip it, and send it out immediately. Then repeat for the next... Yes it's tedious, I know, but one screw up, and it retards the whole game for everybody.

Patience freinds ...
    This is what it means to be a Spartan. It's not the killing or the suffering that matters. It's the purity of focus, without fear of death or pain.

Comment

apparently we have the same system, kk.

Comment

2105 resent to chaunk
        It's close to midnight and something evil's is lurking in the dark.

Comment

I'm somewhat confused about this, it doesn't seem like I played this at all, no reload warning.

I've sent what I'm now fairly certain is 2105 to Phobos. Sorry for the delay.
          Play hangman.

Comment

I've veryfied the new file as well, everything seems to be in order now.

Phobos, let me know if everything's okay.
            This is what it means to be a Spartan. It's not the killing or the suffering that matters. It's the purity of focus, without fear of death or pain.

Comment

I´m afraid our little problem isn´t solved. Either Chaunk sent me the wrong file or there is something wrong with my game.
              I´m sorry to put you guys through this.
              Raveland:
              A land where the trees looks like big soundsystems, the flowers seemed to become ravers and the air smells like happiness!!!

Comment

I've just rechecked, Phobos. Are you sure you didn't reload the old file by mistake ?

Chaunk, did you send Phobos the same file as you sent me (RP-2105.sav) ? After playing the turn of course.

Comment

solution: before sending the file, rename it by adding xxx, then send it to both phobos and kk. phobos, load xxx, and test it out. this way, phobos will not load an old file by mistake, i.e. it'll be pretty easy to spot.

and if chaunk sent the wrong file, kk will be able to tell that too.

Comment

I did load the right file. I deleted the old 2105.sav that didn´t work to make sure I wouldn´t load the wrong file by mistake.
                    Raveland:
                    A land where the trees looks like big soundsystems, the flowers seemed to become ravers and the air smells like happiness!!!

Comment

Okay. Lets get to the bottom of this.

Phobos; send me the file you got from Chaunk.

Chaunk; send me the file you sent Phobos.

Comment

Chaunk. Resend the file to make sure you didn´t send me the wrong one and if this doesn´t work may I suggest a solution? We could always try to replay 2104 and see how that goes....
                        Raveland:

Comment

Forget that. Just do as I say.

Comment

There are 6 other people waiting to get this on the road. this is a localized problem. It can best be solved with one central person. Thats me. The CMN.

Sorry if I sounded harsh...

Comment

No problem KK. Didn´t mean to tread on your toes
                              Did you check out my file?
                              Raveland:

Comment

KK has to be least busy CMN in this forum...........
                                It's close to midnight and something evil's is lurking in the dark.

Comment

Working...
                                X