No announcement yet.

Turns of Red planet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Retro engineering is where you probe a unit, say a 12-<6>-3*2 clean, and you haven't got any of those techs, you are then allowed to take that design and use it to build clean 1-<6>-1*2 defenders, or 12-1-12*2 noodles etc. The exception is that the probe team as standard uses a rover chassis and this you are not allowed to retro-engineer into new rovers until you have Doctrine: Mobility.

With regard to stealing tech, I should say that notifying is a good idea, and should be done. It's worth noting that these rules allow for any probe of a pact mate at any time without notification though.
    Play hangman.

Comment

"Stockpiling in Qs anytime - OK" is the biggest difference. I have been playing with this rule in other games and it has been ok.

"Must choose vendetta option when probing other players, rebuke if a pactmate". Actually this doesn't matter much, when there is no AI. Anyway, perhaps it's easier this way.

I haven't ever used retro-engineering. I think it happens when your probe buys a enemy unit that is higher tech than your units. Lets say that you have only laser infantries and your probe buys a missile infantry from other faction. Then you can build missile infantries even if they don't have fossile fuels technology yet. At least this is what I think retro-engineering is.

I think I mentioned most of the bugs in the game. If something isn't clear, just ask.

Comment

thanks for the retro-engineering explanation.

so, do we have to notify when probing someone, or not?

Comment

Originally posted by smhfan86
          thanks for the retro-engineering explanation.

so, do we have to notify when probing someone, or not?
          When probing, you must declare vendetta. If he is pactmate, you must notify him.

Comment

turn to Chaunk
            It's close to midnight and something evil's is lurking in the dark.

Comment

'03 to Phobos
              Play hangman.

Comment

2103 to smhfan86
                Raveland:
                A land where the trees looks like big soundsystems, the flowers seemed to become ravers and the air smells like happiness!!!

Comment

03 to fromage

Comment

2103 to Sparta.

Comment

2103 to Brother Madrin.

Comment

That's "Marid" my good Tacticus.

2103 to Knowhow.
                        "I wake. I work. I sleep. I die. The dark of space my only sky. My life is passed, and all I've been will never touch the earth again." --The Ballad of Sky Farm 3, Anonymous, Datalinks

Comment

turn

Comment

reload due to crash

Comment

2104 to Phobos
                              Play hangman.

Comment

2104 to our dear Provost
                                Raveland:
                                A land where the trees looks like big soundsystems, the flowers seemed to become ravers and the air smells like happiness!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X