Possible new PBEM - Forced Victory Conditions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible new PBEM - Forced Victory Conditions

I'm sure there's a challenging smac PBEM there for the playing where the faction has only one method of winning - any other method forbidden. e.g.:

Morgan must win economically
    Lal must win diplomatically
    Miriam, Santiago and Yang must win militarily
    Dee must win militarily thru green conquest
    Zak must Transcend

I'd see an accelerated start to see each one on their way, with a "helping" SP:

Morgan: Merchant Exchange
    PKs: Clinical immortality
    Believers: Citizens' Defense Force
    Sparta: Cyborg Factory
    Hive: Command Nexus
    UoP: Virtual World
    Gaians: XenoEmpathy Dome

(not sure about the smax factions. maybe:

Usurpers and Caretakers must summon the battlefleet
    Drones must win economically
    Pirates must win militarily
    Cult must win militarily thru green conquest
    Cyborgs and Angels must Transcend

Marr gets the Planetary Transit System
    H'Minee gets the Cloning Vats
    Domai gets the Planetary Energy Grid
    Svensgaard gets the Maritime Control Center
    Cha Dawn gets the Manifold Harmonics
    Aki gets the Network Backbone
    Roze gets the Nethack Terminus)

Does this sound like it might be different?

G.

Very interesting idea!

I am in as Cult of Planet or Gaians!

The only qustion is: is it balanced?

Comment

Lets go another game.

As the asskicking Yang!!!

question: what is a green conquest?
      It's close to midnight and something evil's is lurking in the dark.

Comment

Interesting. I'd like to play Zak.

Comment

I'd love to play the PK's, but some of the projects seem a little unbalanced, especially the Cloning Vats for H'minee and the Manifold Harmonics for Cha Dawn.

Maybe just make it SMAC only?
          Play hangman.

Comment

In no fixed order;

When I mulled over the concept, I did have smac in mind - the smax ideas were more of an afterthought. The concept seems to lend itself better to smac factions. As well, with aliens, Lal's victory condition becomes more onerous, as both alien factions have to be eliminated before a player can win diplomatically - so Lal would need to either build - or cajole to get - a military presence to take out Marr and H'minee, which would cramp his ICS (as well as deny him the PTS or Vats)

I've no idea if it is balanced or not - haven't got around to scenario testing it yet (would have to play all seven factions, as one can't tweak the AI to be that precise in its strategies)

The thinking behind the two SPs for the aliens - while they would propagate like rabbits with the Vats and the PTS - is that their victory condition requires the six bases of size ten at least, each with a subspace generator. So they have to survive to the D12 tech level, then build, and as everyone knows they are a pathetic faction against nervegas.

The Manifold Harmonics for Cha is a sop to his pitiful -1 industry and -1 economy. With an inherent +2 Planet rating he'll get an extra nut, energy and mineral per monolith and fungus square (and if I were to CMN it I'd set it so that seed pods never produce monoliths, and be sparing in how many I made accessable to him. He sure wouldn't start out with the Ruins !!)

If we make it smac (on the smax platform) we have:

Gaians: xeno7667
            Hive: knowhow2
            UoP: Paul
            PKs: Chaunk

A green conquest is a military victory largely using fungus, native lifeforms and psi weaponry - here smax would be good for the greater variety of units, as well as fungal and tectonic missiles.

Let's see if there are any more nibbles

G.

Comment

bumped

Comment

Whats a Cyborg Factory ?
                This is what it means to be a Spartan. It's not the killing or the suffering that matters. It's the purity of focus, without fear of death or pain.

Comment

Very interesting !

I would like to take cyborgs and guarantee quite fast answer to incoming turn
                  Last edited by HenryMad; May 3, 2002, 07:25.
                  ------------------------
                  HenryMad
                  ------------------------

Comment

Awesome idea Googlie, could I take the Spartans?

Comment

bump

Comment

OOh - sorry guys - I hadn't visited for a few days

We now have:

Gaians:................. xeno7667 ..... green conquest
                        Hive:..................... knowhow2 .... conventional conquest
                        UoP: ..................... Paul .............. transcendence
                        PKs: ...................... Chaunk ........ diplomatic (supreme leader)
                        Consciousness: .... HenryMad ..... transcendence
                        Sparta: ................. smhfan86 ..... conventional conquest

It looks like a smax game (with the 'Borgs) - everyone have smax?

I can set it up as a six player game, or we can hang for another couple of days to see if anyone else drops by and wants to play (KrysiasKrusader maybe?)

It'd be neat to have someone play as Morgan, going for an economic victory.

(And for KK, the Cyborg factory is the SP you can build, after getting MMI, that gives you a Bioenhancement Center in every base - great movie too)

G.

Comment

Googlie, have you some special rule in mind re: defying the Council? Off? Otherwise, Chaunk can't win.

Comment

I can take Morgan, ( or the Believers if I really gotta) but only if we play SMAC. Don't got SMAX
                            This is what it means to be a Spartan. It's not the killing or the suffering that matters. It's the purity of focus, without fear of death or pain.

Comment

Hey Googlie,

Maybe we could have two games going at once. One pure SMAC and the other pure SMACX. It'd be interesting and fun to see how both turn out.

In the SMACX case, I'd go for the Cult. A faction I've rarely played, but might have fun trying out. Especially if it means planting fungus all over the place and using mindworms to the max.

p.s. what size map are you thinking of? large, huge?

Comment

Working...
                              X