new smac....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you wish, no problemmo!

Just, I have noted that a CMN (Creator, Moderator, Narrator) is useful as a third party for several reasons.

a) They can assure a good start via the scenario editor, make sure factions don't start too close together (unless it's decided they want to), make sure the map is reasonable. If 1 player starts off on a little tiny island, room enough for only one base, they might get discouraged and the whole game will suffer.

b) AI Factions are usually a pushover at the beginning, a CMN can offer them some bonuses and place them away from players at the start so they have time to establish themselves.

c) A third party is good to keep passwords, just in case someone has to drop out of the game, so that it may continue. A typical game can take over a year to play.

And, that's just a few. It's early in the morning here and the brain isn't fully functioning.

Nonetheless, all decisions belong to t_ras in this game! Just pointing out a couple things for you.

Also, welcome to the online world of SMAC!
    Another Roadside Attraction

Comment

dont worry pal- i'm not playing....

and thanks!
      "Some one told me former operators are not supposed to think much, that's good. I think that was the reason I took this job, ha, that and of course the fact the commissar said so." -t_ras: life through the former operators eye

Comment

Right... yeah... you're name's not in the player's list.
        I need more coffee, apparently.
        Sorry for interfering!
        Good luck and enjoy!
        Another Roadside Attraction

Comment

I'll play as University if you still need players.

Comment

Originally posted by t_ras
            so...what we have by now:

Comstr-PK's
            Darsnan(wellcome pal!)-Gaians
            Archaic-UNI
            Hi sjkane,
            welcome aboard! Unfortunately, Archaic has claimed the Uni's in this game. How about the Believers?

Comment

only beleabers left
              "Some one told me former operators are not supposed to think much, that's good. I think that was the reason I took this job, ha, that and of course the fact the commissar said so." -t_ras: life through the former operators eye

Comment

if we get an answer from sjkane today
                we may begin with settings and start tomorrow

Comment

Sorry. I mis-read Archaic's post. I've never played the Believer's before, but I'll give it a go. I'm pretty easy going on the preferences, but tend to like to build. As a result, bigger is better as far as map size goes. Other than that, let's go!

Comment

settings..

settings (unless there's any unanymous reject):

ONLY WINNING BY TRACENDECE!!!
                    GAME IS ACCELERATED (you all have 5 citys+some techs by now)
                    thinker level (be brave...)
                    pods on
                    blind research off
                    random events on
                    spoils of war on
                    larg ramdom map (edited a litle )
                    all the rest avarage and defaults

probing allowed without warning (since is tracendence win it is inportant...)
                    do not use upgrade from workshop
                    bla,bla,bla....

list of players:
                    Darsnan-Gaians
                    Comstr-PK's
                    Archaic-UNI
                    SJkane-Beleavers

any critics/sugestions/ect.?

if i dont get any untill tomorrow i'll send turn to Darsnan...

GOOOD LUCK!
                    Last edited by t_ras; February 25, 2002, 16:49.

Comment

What's the do not upgrade via workshop rule?

Can we talk or do we wait until contact?

comstar@optushome.com.au btw.

Comment

right...forgot this-no tolks untill contact,
                        BUT! the moment you all contact i would like to see all
                        your retorics abilitys here (just for the fun of it )

there aperently is (us far as i know...)some kind of bug
                        when using the units upgrade through workshop...sorry no use...
                        any thing else?

Comment

Re: settings..

Originally posted by t_ras

probing allowed without warning (since is tracendence win it is inportant...)
                          do not use upgrade from workshop
                          bla,bla,bla....
                          OK, I'm not quite clear on the "blah blah blah" part.

Is this SMAC or SMAX? Also, as far as the Upgrade Workshop is concerned: first I've heard of a bug here. How are we supposed to upgrade our units to desired specifications then?

Looks good otherwise: The Green Meanies (a.k.a. The Gaians) are chomping at the bit, ready to go!

D

Comment

1) it's smac
                            2) you CAN make new units (you dont have to... )
                            but you cant use the option to upgrade all units....

i hope the blah,blah,blah means nothing

Comment

I'd prefer no accelerated start. It's not as good as you make it out to be. Terrible base placement, etc. I'd prefer Spoils off as well if this is trancend only. Otherwise, no problems.
                              Veni Vidi Castravi Illegitimos

Comment

I'm with Archaic on the "no accelerated start" choice. Indifferent as to the rest.

Comment

Working...
                                X