No announcement yet.

Caught in an Alien Waterworld crossfire - 5 players wanted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This will be a smax game, with aquatic clone factions.

Players are:

General Tacitus - Gunrunners (Sparta) - angusniven@hotmial.com
    Shai-Hulud - Merchants (Morgan) - janne.huttunen@kolumbus.fi
    knowhow2 - Disciples (Cult) - alan.law@hl.lu.se
    FlameFlash - Mermaids (Gaians) - flameflash@mac.com
    Mongoose - Seamen (Drones) - jlnader@mindspring.com

G.
    Last edited by Googlie; March 19, 2002, 02:08.

Comment

Certainly am... is there anything special I need to do to gain access to the new factions though? I've had troubles trying to load the custom ones you made, and since that's the case, will I have problems loading the game itself?
      I'm not conceited, conceit is a fault and I have no faults...

Civ and WoW are my crack... just one... more... turn...

Comment

I thought this game was long gone, but since it isn't...I'm still interested. Aquatic Morgans - I can hardly wait

I just wish there was a faction editor available for Mac... *sighs*
        Doesn't Mac version of SMAX include Firaxis' faction editor?

Certainly am... is there anything special I need to do to gain access to the new factions though?
        You could brief us on this one Googlie. I only have that much experience. I guess we only need to download the factions into SMAC directory?
        "I'm having a sort of hard time paying attention because my automated teller has started speaking to me, sometimes actually leaving weird messages on the screen, in green lettering, like "Cause a Terrible Scene at Sotheby's" or "Kill the President" or "Feed Me a Stray Cat", and I was freaked out by the park bench that followed me for six blocks last Monday evening and it too spoke to me."
        - Patrick Bateman, American Psycho by Bret Easton Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Shai-Hulud

Doesn't Mac version of SMAX include Firaxis' faction editor?
          Not to my knowledge... didn't see it on the CD, that's for sure.

You could brief us on this one Googlie. I only have that much experience. I guess we only need to download the factions into SMAC directory?

Comment

re: factions

Yes, after I've put up the aquatic aliens (and I'll do it on the Rynn's gallery site) and after the players have decide which factions they are going to play, you'll need to download the seven (well six actually, as one will be the already existing Pirates) and unzip all four files of each into your usual smac/x directory

(There are 3 graphics files and a text file)

then you'll need to add the six factions to your own alphax.txt (by name only) right underneath the #CUSTOMFACTIONS label (about 90% towards the end of the alphax.txt file). I'll send a bloc of text for everyone to load when I send around the passwords, etc.

Now the game will recognize the factions (and as well, any time you start a new game these six factions will be added to your 14 in the drop down menu when you want to select factions to include in your games)

I'm pretty sure it works with a mac - only problems I've encountered is with one player who is on linux - but he has problems in PBEMs with smax generally, so resgtricts himself to smac only PBEMs

G.

Comment

Many thanks Googlie... I'll look for it, and happily await the block of text I'll need to drop into my .txt file.

Be sure to let us know when all the acquatic factions are up and running on the site... I plan to download them all and if you could, just make the block of text so that all will be added to the custom faction thing?

Comment

I think I'll give the Drones (Seamen?) a go.

Comment

Great, I thought this thread had died. Good things I noticed it had picked up again.

Comment

SeCult just in time to catch in my interest!
                    It's close to midnight and something evil's is lurking in the dark.

Comment

Is it too late to change to being a tree-hugger? Gianan's Mermaids? I think I'd like to try something different for a change.

Comment

*BUMP*

Is anyone still paying attention?

Comment

Well, now when you mentioned it, I am. Interesting scenario which never seems to get off the ground - just my luck.
                          "I'm having a sort of hard time paying attention because my automated teller has started speaking to me, sometimes actually leaving weird messages on the screen, in green lettering, like "Cause a Terrible Scene at Sotheby's" or "Kill the President" or "Feed Me a Stray Cat", and I was freaked out by the park bench that followed me for six blocks last Monday evening and it too spoke to me."

Comment

oops - dropped to the back burner

look for it in the next couple of days - I'll e-mail everone with the aquatic alien factions

G.

Comment

look for it in the next couple of days
                              He's on drugs

Comment

durgs? That explains a lot...

Googlie... have you ever posted the Alien Aquatic factions to the site yet? Along with the code we're supposed to put in our Alpha.txt to access all the new factions that are on the website? I've dowloaded all the ones that are available.

Comment

Working...
                                X