No announcement yet.

No project MP game?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Darsnan, since you started this thread, you can be the one to put all our options into one coherent list (and, this time, no sneaky business, Guy(an)!! )

er, that's my vote, anyway...unless you're already gone and won't be back until Sunday, in which case i rescind my vote...hee hee

also, based on the sound argument of my good colleague Darsnan regarding the number of new variables we should introduce to this game and the threat too many variables pose to the usefulness of the resultant data, I change my vote on the Flat Map issue to NO. perhaps another time... (i'll regret it, I know, cause you can bet my faction will be one to land on the edge of the map...)

Comment

Actually, the starting of the thread should be credited to vitamin j (and what a good idea this is!).

I have a few minutes, so I will put the list of options together. Again, please correct anything you believe I have recorded incorrectly:

Factions:

vitamin j - Data Angels
      Darsnan - Gaians
      Paul - University
      Psybermagus - Cyborgs
      Qantaga - Morgan

SITS you can set this up in any order. As you said, you will want to place Paul either first or last in the turn order, but it looks like the rest of us are in the eastern US.

Game Settings:

Large, Random Map
      30-50% Ocean
      Average Erosion, Life Forms, Cloud Cover
      Transcend Difficulty
      Cooperative Victory: Off
      All other victory conditions: On
      Look First: On
      Tech Stag: Off
      Spoils of War: Off
      Blind Research: Off
      Intense Rivalry: Off
      No Unity Survey: On (Map not visible)
      No Unity Scattering: On (pods only at landing sites)
      Bell Curve: On (Random Events allowed)
      Time Warp: Off
      Iron Man: On
      Randomize factions personalities and agendas: Off

Other Settings:
      -No AI factions
      -2 extra Colony Pods and Scout Patrols each (in addition to normal faction starting units, techs, credits)

Thanks again, SITS!
      Last edited by Qantaga; January 25, 2002, 13:58.

Comment

I Agree to Q's notes above (and thanx for organizing them, Q! .
        As far as Psy's note above about being sneaky: its more like wily, as you will see on Planet (they don't call me "The Fungal Fox" for nothing! ).
        I'm going off air shortly, so if there's any more details that need to be hashed out (you know, like "Pods On") then whatever is decided by the group is fine with me.
        See you Sunday!

D

Comment

Wow, I missed a lot! Thanks Qantaga for putting it all together.

I think SITS should have everything he needs to set the game up.

We should use the Apolyton pbem rules, though I agree to allowing the stockpile energy thing. Everyone can use it, and more cash makes more action.

I just suggested Unity survey on because it's usually off. It is nice if you have some idea where to explore, and what your relative position is. Off is fine with me, and if anyone would complain to SITS about their starting location, they'll at least have to wait a while...

Just to be sure, we're NOT using a flat map. We ARE using a normal, wrapping map.

Comment

Googlie talked me through the process so I hope to have it done today and maybe another half a day testing it.
            'No room for human error, and really it's thousands of times safer than letting drivers do it. But the one in ten million has come up once again, and the the cause of the accident is sits, something in the silicon.' - The Gold Coast - Kim Stanley Robinson

'Feels just like I can take a thousand miles in my stride hey yey' - Oh, Baby - Rhianna

Comment

SITS, that's good news. We are in no rush, so take your time and send it on out whenever you're comfortable with it. Thanks again for doing this for us.

I really need to get in there and play with the scenario editor myself, it just seems so overwhelming whenever I open it up.

Comment

Qantaga - NP, CMNing is something I've wanted to do for awhile. I've got the transcript of Googlie talking me through it, I'm sure he won't mind if I pass it on to you - I found it a great help.

In meanwhile could people post their email addresses here or send it to me privately to sits07@yahoo.co.uk if you don't want it to be public...
                'No room for human error, and really it's thousands of times safer than letting drivers do it. But the one in ten million has come up once again, and the the cause of the accident is sits, something in the silicon.' - The Gold Coast - Kim Stanley Robinson

'Feels just like I can take a thousand miles in my stride hey yey' - Oh, Baby - Rhianna

Comment

SITS, I would love a copy of Googlie's walkthrough (editing out anything to do with this particular setup, of course).

You already have my e-mail, but I'll send you a preferred password for this game.

Comment

My email is paulvdbelt@hetnet.nl. But I think you already had it from AXT033.

Comment

Copy of script sent to Q

G.

Comment

vitaminj31@hotmail.com

Thanks again, SITS and Googlie.

If everyone in the game would post their email here, it would be easier for me. That way I can enter your addresses into my book at hotmail, so my inbox protector doesn't put them in my bulk mail. Also, if you normally use multiple addresses, I need them all...

I really miss my icrazy.com account! It was kinda bare-bones, but I got no spam there.
                        Last edited by vitamin j; January 28, 2002, 17:47.

Comment

Mine is: Qantaga@aol.com

Comment

mine is dnandal@twcny.rr.com

Comment

Thanks, people.

Everyone should check out the Consensus on Cheating thread in General/Help/Strat. For this game I think we should use/abide by the list Googlie posted from the Forum Wars games. There are some notable differences from the standard Apolyton rules, but I like them better. I'm still unclear about the Council thing, though. Read 'em and tell me what you think.

Comment

Hi all!

Game up and running now and first turn sent to vitamin j

The turn thread can be found here.

Enjoy!

Comment

Working...
                                X