Brotherhood of the Pentagon Turn Tracking Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brotherhood of the Pentagon Turn Tracking Thread

Please read carefully, as some parameters have changed due to feedback. I have set up game parameters, and the game is already in rotation.
    The following parameters apply to this game:

SMAC
    Huge Planet
    Ocean: 30-50%
    Weak erosive forces
    Average native life
    average cloud cover
    AI: Talent
    Standard rules

Pre-contact tech trading is NOT OK (anyone object?), otherwise Standard Apolyton PBEM rules apply.

Factions are as follows:

TURN ROTATION VERIFIED:
    Darsnan: Gaians
    Archaic: UoP
    Psybermagus: Morgan
    wgabrie: Believers
    arborman: Peacekeepers

Luck to y'all (I won't say whether its Good or Bad Luck, though...)

D
    Last edited by Darsnan; January 22, 2002, 16:03.

I am ready to rumble!

okay, found this thread...am waiting for my turn...

I look forward to developing lucrative relationships with each of you, my fellow faction leaders.

Comment

I already sent you your turn many hours ago, didn't I? *Sends it again*
      Veni Vidi Castravi Illegitimos

Comment

still haven't gotten my turn...

archaic, i got turn one, but nothing after that...

please make sure you're sending to psybermagus@earthlink.net,
        or you could post it to the thread.

cheers,

Psy

Comment

Ah. Well, what I sent you was turn 1 again. Assuming you sent yours on, I'm waiting for turn 2 to be forwarded to me still.

Comment

Wait a minute! Now I'm all confused. Who has what?

According to the list above, Archaic gives me turn 1 then I forward it to ardorman. I've already done that, so Darsnan will forward the next turn to Psybermagus.
            Don't rule me out when I'm losing. Save your celebration until after I'm gone.

Comment

The list was out of order. I started, forwarded to Psybermagus, who forwarded to you. As long as Peacekeepers were supposed to be next, it's arborman's turn.

Comment

To All,
                my bad as far as the order is concerned: the order listed above is NOT the order that you play in, and I do not know exactly the order that we are playing in, either. Sorry!
                aAlso, I've been fielding several questions regarding how to pass turns, so I am inserting the info that was passed to me by a very patient arborman a couple months ago (to which I am eternally grateful!):

pattern seems to be
                a)unzip and play your turn
                b)press "Turn Complete", save and exit
                c)open winzip
                d)create new file, name it after whoever's name pops up in the Turn screen plus-21(current year)
                e)You will find it either in the general Alpha Centauri
                folder, or in the saves folder.
                f)Winzip will zip it and save it to my documents (if
                you're running windows). If not, it will remain in the same folder you performed the zip in.
                g)Attach it to an email and send to whever the file was named after.

Any questions, drop me a line. I'll be out for a few hours this morning, otherwise I'll be around to help.

D

Comment

Who did the next turn popup say was next wgabrie? Are you sure it was the Peacekeepers?

Comment

To All,
                    since I created this mess (i.e. I didn't document turn rotation correctly) why I will clean up the mess. Currently I have tracked the turn from myself to Archaic to Psybermagus. I am going to update the first post of this thread to reflect who I have, and have not, tracked the thread to so far. As time progresses, I will get more feedback, and update the turn rotation sequence accordingly. Any questions or concerns, just E-Mail me at dnandal@twcny.rr.com

Again, sorry for the confusion regarding turn rotation. Bear with me for a little bit longer, and we'll be up and running!

D

Comment

Turns...

okay, i am playing Morgan. I was turn #3. It was wgabrie (Miriam)'s turn next, so I'm pretty sure the order was:

Darsnan (Gaia)
                      Archaic (UoP)
                      Psybermagus (Morgan)
                      wgabrie (Miriam)
                      Arborman (Peacekeeper)

Finally, Archaic, I am able to check in to this forum from both work and home, but can only check into my mail from home. I can play SMAC/X from both work and home, so to speed play, if possible, you should attach my turn to your posts here...or, perhaps if there is a filesize limit to posting here, you can email to BOTH my psybermagus@earthlink.net (home) and psybermagus2323@hotmail.com (net). What do you think?

Cheers!

Comment

Thanx for the quick reply, Psybermagus!
                        I've E-Mailed wgabrie to see if he has recieved/ played the turn. Once I get confirmation, I will update my original post to this thread accordingly.

D

Comment

The filesize limit is 500000, so I should easily be able to post up the turns here, though I have no idea how big these save files could get in the late game.

Hmmmm. Looking at that list it looks like the exact order it would display the factions in for a SMAC SP game.

Comment

Yes, and I sent my turn to the peacekeepers. The SMAC factions are in a fixed location, so they play in the same order listed in the faction selection screen.

Faction Order:
                            Gaians
                            Hive
                            University
                            Morgan
                            Spartans
                            Believers
                            Peacekeepers

Comment

Yes, and I sent my turn to the peacekeepers. The SMAC factions are in a fixed location, so they play in the same order listed in the faction selection screen.

Faction Order:
                              Gaians
                              Hive
                              University
                              Morgan
                              Spartans
                              Believers
                              Peacekeepers

Comment

Working...
                              X