AHAC1 Turn tracking thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2144 sent to Darsnan.

Was that dust cloud to the west or to the east, Brother?

Comment

• and on to jpj!

Comment

• "Brother Radman has been captured and is ready for your personal interogation"

I played the turn twice. The first time capturing 'The Rapture' gave me the message that the Believers had been eliminated and that the Hive had Unified the Planet under it's banner. I'm not sure if the game should end on my turn or Radman's, or even if the win message was in fact genuine (I doubt it because I am pacted with three others), but I played the turn once more and parked the units outside the base anyway. Radman is asked to obliterate the base with his remaining scout patrol.

2144 to Knowhow2
        Every positive value has it's price in negative terms - the genius of Einstein leads to Hiroshima.
        ---Pablo Picasso.

Comment

• How very odd! Both the Gaians and the Spartans have founded new bases. Even allowing the 'extra' faction in your pacts, I don't see how a conquest victory has occured. Hmmm...must be some conflict with do or die off.

Perhaps, despite do or die off, the three factions (Gaia, Sparta and now Believers) have had some sort of 'conquered ' flag attached.

That would still leave the excess faction enigma.

I say again...How very odd!

Hmmm. Maybe this is it...

Do or die off maybe only restarts a defeated faction if there is 'free' land somewhere to do so. In this case, perhaps there is no land the game considers free. So what happens is that upon elimination of The Rapture, the end of game bug bites, just as it would were do or die set on at the beginnning. If THIS is the case, Radman's obliteration of The Rapture ought to alow the game to continue.

That begs the question...Should we continue? Or, is this a good point to award victory to JPJ and just leave it at that?

I rather think so. I got what I wanted when Ironholm fell. (Too bad I wasn't the one to capture it!)

Comment

• turn to comstr

continue or not, I can go for both option
            It's close to midnight and something evil's is lurking in the dark.

Comment

• Hi all:

When move gets to me, my last base will be obliterated so the game can continue in either regards whether you would like to continue or acknowledge JPJ the winner.

As a sidenote, it was fun as the Hive really cleaned up quickly and my congrat to the Hive who at least put me into a clean cell while I wait for interogation!!!! He must be abiding by the old Geneva Convention accords

Comment

• Personnly, I can't see the combined forces of the rest of the map beating the hive now. I'm 2nd and I have 4 cities.

I'm happy to end the game as a pactmate/***** of the Chairman (and coming 2nd ).

I would very much like to play a followup game as the Peacekeepers AND have a netrual person set the starting locations up to prevent the runaway effect we saw in this game.

Comment

• 2nd, eh?

But did you pass the turn, as we decide whether to continue?

Comment

• I will of course conceed to johnpauljones: when he initially overan my conclave, I offered in my Turn E-Mail to obliterate my newly formed base that I had escaped to, if he so desired. Although jpj started out with a very good position, I don't think this should be used as an excuse: jpj was still the one who went out there and made things happen, and very expeditiously I might add!
                    As far as a rematch: I fear I must decline, as I currently have over 20 PBEM's I am in, some with extremely good turnage (my H2H games over @ Civgaming are like 5-6 turns/day easily!). However, to replace me, I would recommend Krysia's Krusader: I think anyone who encounters him will find a very competent and cagy opponent, and I have to say, based on KK's and my private H2H, turnage will not suffer, either! FYI.

D

Comment

• Hi all:

Move passed on to Mongoose after obliterating base. Good luck to all!!!!

Radman

Comment

• 2145 sent to Darsnan.

Comment

• on to johnpauljones!

Comment

• 2145 to Knowhow2

Anyone else want to call this one over ?
                            Every positive value has it's price in negative terms - the genius of Einstein leads to Hiroshima.
                            ---Pablo Picasso.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mongoose
                              ...Or, is this a good point to award victory to JPJ and just leave it at that?

I rather think so. ...
                              Originally posted by Comstr
                              Personnly, I can't see the combined forces of the rest of the map beating the hive now... I'm happy to end the game as a pactmate
                              Originally posted by knowhow2
                              continue or not, I can go for both option
                              Originally posted by Darsnan
                              I will of course conceed to johnpauljones

All but Arborman have weighed in here.

Comment

• I am prepared to concede as well. I would not be alive if not for the game gifting me a new city or two, so I will respectfully concede the game to a well played Hive.

I am too busy to sign up for the next round, so I wish you all well, and if you like I can be the CMN and set it up for you. That is if you see me as unbiased, which of course I will be.
                                Fifteen apparitions have I seen,
                                The worst a coat upon a coat hanger

Comment

Working...
                                X