Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turns of AXT055 in Apolyton PBEM Tournament

Players are (in turn order):

vitamin j - Gaians ( vitaminj@icrazy.com )
    smhfan86 - Peacekeepers ( callistosdarkside@home.com )
    darius - Drones ( stephen.roy@snet.net )
    Flubber - Cult ( sharris41@hotmail.com )

AI is Yang, Morgan and Aki-Zeta Five

Transcend level

Please read, digest and obey the rules posted at:

Please post turn notifications, comments, etc., below

AXT055-2102 sent to vitamin j

Good luck all

Flubber of the Cult checking in

I am located in Mountain time (North America) and try to check turns each morning and evening. I hope for a fast turn around time (particularly on the early turns where playing takes 2 minutes) or an email or board notification when there may be delays.

I look forward to meeting you all in-game where you will find me to be a peaceful cult.

Cheers and see you all soon.
    You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Hey Flubber. I followed the Spartan challenge a little, so I'm a little nervous to take you on! Still, good luck to you and everbody.

2102 to the Peacekeepers.

Comment

just sent it to Darius - Drones.

Comment

Hey, everybody. Good to meet you. Smhfan, where are you from?

Turn to Flubber.
          "I love justice, I hate iniquity. It is not my pleasure that the lower suffer injustice because of the higher." - Darius I, 550-486 BC

Comment

2103 on to the gaians
            I hate to be a Pain in th a** but on my start I was missing my additional unit (the free independent worm the Cult gets-- or at least has gotten every time I have played them)-- I emailed googlie and he has admitted the oversight. . . and I have asked him to restart the game

Sorry again but when playing a faction that many think is "weak", I need every factional attribute. Both -1 ECON and -1 INDUSTRY are painful .

I guess this means that when googlie is done it is still vitaminj's turn but we will all have to redo our 2102 turns. Sorry
            Last edited by Flubber; October 11, 2001, 11:24.
            You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Flubber is right

essentially nothing will change for anyone elsr - I'll just go back to the underlying scenario and add the worm, then go thru and set the same passwords etc. You'll all be in the same start positions.

Abject apologies (as I explained to F, I've never built a scenario with the Cult before, so the starting mindworm wasn't front and center like, say, Sparta's starting rover)

G.

Comment

Revised AXT055 - 2101 sent to vitamin j (I reset the year to 2101 to give y'all 400 turns worth of playing !!)

Again, apologies all round (I hope the pod pops give the same results for you all)

G.

Comment

Ok, once again...

2101 to the PKs.

Comment

2101 to Darius - Drones.

Question: How does trading tech work with human players? When you offer something, do you have to accept beforehand, and if they accept, do you get to see what they offer before the deal gets finalized.

Comment

If you go to the MP diplomacy screen you can see under "offer tech" any techs that you have that they do not and you can offer that tech. But no deal is final until both parties have hit "accept" on the SAME DEAL. That applies even to gifts. As a practical matter I usually do negotiations by email to reach a deal.

To speed the trade along I sometimes use gifts in turn to accomplish a trade. We might have agreed to trade techs but what I do is offer the tech for nothing and hit accept. When you get the turn you accept my gift before offering one in return and hitting accept. This requires trust but it has the advantage that a player can get a "traded" tech immediately by accepting the gift rather than making a counter-offer to be accepted. Of course I only do this if it is clear a deal has been reached

The more normal way is to offer a tech, have the responder offer something in return and only hit "accept" once the deal is set out on the screen.

Note that you can trade different numbers of techs, world maps energy, comm frequencies or any combination of these. You should also know that only 3 lines of any diplomatic "text" is visible to your opponent. This is again a reason to make diplomatic offers by email since complexity is not possible in the diplomatic dialogue box. it will be the last 3 lines that you type and hit enter before ending the transmission.

It is also handy to know that ANY change in the deal that has been accepted by the other side, negates their acceptance even if you are ADDING more stuff to give the other side. So if you have an involved trade and needed to give something extra, the best thing to do is accept the deal as your opponent has accepted it and then offer the additional stuff and hit "accept". On your opponents turn they will get whatever was in the big deal and then will have the option of "accepting" the additional stuff.

Even though we are not to have contact until we meet, there is no reason you cannot fool around in the comm screen area to figure out how it works. A little experimentation with the various stuff and you will find it is fairly intuitive.

Comment

2101 to Cha Flubber.
                        "I love justice, I hate iniquity. It is not my pleasure that the lower suffer injustice because of the higher." - Darius I, 550-486 BC

Comment

Thanx Flubber,

I just didn't know if you had to press accept beforehand. I was worried I'd offer someone a tech for nothing.

Comment

Turn passed

I understand we are playing with no diplomatic contact until we meet-- that would mean no treaties, truces or trades until our units meet-- If I am wrong let me know

Comment

Sorry about the treaties. I didn't know we weren't allowed to talk until we met.

Personally, I gotta wonder why Firaxis gave all the human players comm freqs to other humans in multiplayer. Unfair for the computer.

Comment

Working...
                              X