Turns of AXT055 in Apolyton PBEM Tournament

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2102 to the PKs.
    I was going to ask that very question, since smhfan86 just contacted me asking for a treaty. I didn't respond 'cause I wasn't sure... What if, for example, a faction with a rover moves adjacent to one of your units, then moves away with its second move. When your turn comes around, you won't see the unit, so you won't know you've made contact. And since we all have each others frequency in the commlink window, we won't be able to tell that way. I'm just wondering. I don't think I've met the PKs in this game yet ( at least I hope not! ) but I could have, and smhfan86 could be the only one that knows that.
    If there was a thread somewhere outlining some common MP problems that would be cool.

vitamin j

edit: somewhat cross-posted...

Comment

2102 sent to Darius.

Just noticed there was a link to the rules at the top of the thread and going to read it now.

Sorry about my ignorance earlier.

Comment

I'm kinda confused on which rules we're using. in the link from the first post, it says there are tournament rules and pbem rules.

in the tournament rules it says we can start talking immediately, but it also says that we can see all the map, which we can't. so i assume it's the other rules we're following, which say we can't talk until we meet and so forth.

Comment

Right, we're playing an "other" map, not a "tournament" map. So communication is forbidden until we meet.

Vitamin j, if you encounter another human player without realizing it, I believe that player's status in your comm window will say "truce" instead of being blank. Can someone back me up on this?

Turn 2102 to Mr. Flubber.
          "I love justice, I hate iniquity. It is not my pleasure that the lower suffer injustice because of the higher." - Darius I, 550-486 BC

Comment

I'm pretty sure the rules refer to free communication when using the tournament map. When using a random map, you have to meet in-game.

Edit: OK! Cross-posted again! I'm going away now...

Comment

Darius

I think you are right. Now I have no diplomatic status with you but I believe it defaults to truce once you meet.

So we should all reject any treaties for now. The reality is that we will not have met yet since googlie and tau "place" the factions. It should not happen that anyone is within meeting distance for at least a few turns. Its one of the advantages of having someone set up the game rather than trust the random generator which may place you smack-dab on top of the spartans
              You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

I have requested a resend as the turn I received was Darius's turn.
                You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

resend received -- Turn 2103 sent on to our friends in Planet

Comment

2103 to the PKs.
                    Flubber: I guess you are changing the turn year when you send it? Works for me! I've a hard enough time keeping track. And I'm last on the power graph!

Comment

2103 to Darius.

Comment

vitamin j: The year advances automatically. Otherwise, I'd never be able to keep track. And don't worry about the power graph this early. Any little thing, like discovering a tech, will make someone shoot up early in the game.

Turn to Flubber.
                        "I love justice, I hate iniquity. It is not my pleasure that the lower suffer injustice because of the higher." - Darius I, 550-486 BC

Comment

2104 onward

Comment

2104 to PKs

Comment

2104 to Darius.

Comment

The turn I received was smhfan's turn. I have requested a resend.

Comment

Working...
                                X