• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2114 to H0bbes

Comment

2115 to Q.

Hobbes.
      If you want to kiss the sky/Better learn how to kneel/On your knees boy - U2, Mysterious Ways

http://zanature.wordpress.com

Comment

MY 2115 to NorthSwordsman.

-------
        Consolidated report from Hive outposts:

"Chairman, in the best interests of the Hive population, we beg you not to make our troops open any more of these Unity Pods we are finding scattered around our island. Every one of them, with the exception of one lone pod, has contained the most vile creatures imaginable. We have been able to destroy them, but at the cost of much life and the loss of vital supplies."

Reply from the most honorable Yang:

"You must open all Unity Pods you come across with due diligence and care. Certainly, they can't all contain mindworms."

Comment

2115 to Shadow. Have fun.

The southern aliens, the Usurpers, are (begin quote) "most unfriendly " (end quote, attribed to HObbes)....

Comment

2115 to H0bbes

Comment

On to Q again.

You are right Chairman. Not all pods contain MW's. Some contain Fungal blooms!

Hobbes
              If you want to kiss the sky/Better learn how to kneel/On your knees boy - U2, Mysterious Ways

Comment

Only one of my pods had MW's... the others were goodies, .

Has anyone noticed that our faction colors and base graphics change every time we play a turn? So far, I've been the drones, the Uni (twice), the aliens (one on each), and a few others. This is weird.

BTW, under tournament rules, using the tournament map, which this is, you don't have to wait until you discover the other faction to initate comms with them... see:

about a quarter of the way down the page. To quote, "Tournament map: Communications between factions is allowed from the start. No restrictions."... I will be contacting each of you the next turn I get.

Comment

2116 to the Shadow.

All of you have diplo comms awaiting your pleasure. Behave!

Comment

MY2116 sent to NorthSwordsman, who can now begin his communication campaign.

I'm sure that you also saw that Co-op victory is disabled for the tournament map, so keep that in mind during your negotiations.

As for the graphics, here is a response from Tau Ceti when that question came up in another thread:

"Everyone has that problem, it is standard (and buggy) behaviour for all SMACX scenarios. The game uses the graphics of the faction currently listed in the appropriate slot in your Alpha Centauri.ini file - which changes every time you start a new game.

A permanent solution does not exist. It is possible to work around it, but usually too much hassle. Though, if you rarely play SP any more and are only in 1 game, starting a new game with the factions in the correct order will give you the correct graphics from now on."

Edit - Wow, NS, that was quick. You got the turn played, sent out and posted here before I could finish my search for Tau Ceti's graphics answer.

Comment

2116 on to H0bbes, negotiations underway with the Drones.

Comment

Originally posted by Qantaga

Edit - Wow, NS, that was quick. You got the turn played, sent out and posted here before I could finish my search for Tau Ceti's graphics answer.
                        Thank you for the answer on the graphics question. It just feels odd when the Usurpers suddenly take on the appearance of the Spartans with Santi's face in the diplo screen. Gives me the chills, lol.

Of course I'm fast! I hate long waits between turns. I try to get turnover as fast as possible, althrough I can't always get to it as quickly as I would like. My response to turnover: DO IT NOW! LOL!

Careful, comm campaigns can turn into conquest campaigns.

Comment

Everyone; I will be out of town Thursday and Friday, and thus will not be available for turn play. So expect no turns from me those two days.

NS

Comment

Onwards to Q.

Hobbes.

Comment

Sorry everyone. Two long work days and two long flights.

Turn 2117 finally off to NorthSwordsman.

Comment

I'm back! :-). Boy, I missed you guys!

2117 to the Shadow.

Comment

Working...
                                X