Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The philosophy is to let everyone choose a faction of his personal preferrence, except H'minee and Marr. I will, as always, be the good Provost of University.
    Quantaga, I assume, will be Aki-Zeta with pleasure. SITS, I think you liked Gaians. ColDark, what about you?
    Oh, and - Thinker or Transend?
    Starting soon!
    Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
    I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Gaians is fine by me as is Transend...
      Last edited by SITS; June 2, 2001, 12:06.
      'No room for human error, and really it's thousands of times safer than letting drivers do it. But the one in ten million has come up once again, and the the cause of the accident is sits, something in the silicon.' - The Gold Coast - Kim Stanley Robinson

'Feels just like I can take a thousand miles in my stride hey yey' - Oh, Baby - Rhianna

Comment

Aki-Zeta sounds great to me. Although as stated before, I am happy to yield her and play Roze if ColDark or Deimos wants to play Aki.

Either Thinker or Transcend will be fine.
        Last edited by Qantaga; June 2, 2001, 10:48.

Comment

Is OK - now only Deimos and ColDark need to say their thoughts.
          1. SITS
          2. ColDark
          3. Qantaga
          4. Deimos
          5. Solver

Are players thus far. Enough, I think.

Comment

Being in a masochistic mood today, I'm going to go with Morgan.

I would like to join Qantaga in thanking Solver for organizing this game. Thanks Solver!

Thinker or Transcend is fine by me also. As for the other settings, map settings, rules, etc. any preferences?
            "That which does not kill me, makes me stronger." -- Friedrich Nietzsche
            "That which does not kill me, missed." -- Anonymous war gamer
            "I fear that we have awakened a sleeping giant and instilled in it a terrible resolve." - Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto

Comment

My preferences are (in order)...

Gaian, Peacekeepers, Hive any of these will do

I haven't played any of the Crossfire factions yet, so don't know how they play.

Any level will do for me. I'm ready to be the games whipping boy.

Do you allow players to choose their next advance, or do prefer to use Blind Research?. I prefer to have the choice, but will play any.

Thanks for arranging the game.

ColDark
              Everyone knows that a million to one chance comes up 9 times out of 10.

Terry Pratchett

Comment

Directed research looks better, to me.
                So, here are the players:

1. Solver - University (in order)
                2. SITS - Gaians
                3. ColDark - Peacekeepers
                4. Deimos - Morgan
                5. Qantaga - Cyborgs

Thinker level, directed research, no spoils of war, all victory types enabled. Starting very soon, as soon as I get a starter. You set password of your own preferrence, and keep it yourself.

2 AI Factions are playing. No extra starting units. Communiciate only when you actually meet on the map. Map size = 3.

Comment

This should be fun.

ColDark, rest assured that you will not be the game's only whipping boy (if you will even be one). I am looking forward to the learning experience of playing against world class SMAC/X players.

See you all on Chiron. Good luck to everyone!

-On a game note, I have a long flight tonight, so I will be out of touch if my turn comes in from 4 pm to 12 midnight Eastern US time zone. (I believe that Eastern US is GMT -5). I will get the turn out as soon as possible once I arrive at my destination.

Comment

Oh, and Solver, just a couple of questions:

1. Other than what you specifically mentioned in your last post, will we be playing by the rules in Tau Ceti's tournament?

2. Since this is a SMAX game, will the AI factions be alien or human? I don't want to know which factions are AI, but I would like to prepare if the aliens will be involved.

Thanks again for all your efforts to get this game going.

Comment

You will know who the AIs are, but they won't be H'Minee or Marr.

This game isn't under Tau's tournament, this is under mine ladder system. Some games are in both, but thus far, these are separate systems, held by different people. A game can be in one, both or none.

Comment

Solver, thanks for the reply.

One last question, then, if I may. Do you have specific rules for your rated games?

I looked in your PBEM ratings thread. I found some great information about your ratings system, but I could not find any rules specific to your games. I just want to make sure I am playing the way you wish.

Comment

Rule's Questions

I am comfortable with the standard tournament rules, but I have seen people debate two on several occasions. The first being if stockpile energy is allowed in a build queue after a unit, and the other being when are workshop upgrades allowed.

In setting up the Builder-Momentum series, Misotu chose to go with what I thought is a fair compromise: Stockpile is allowed and workshop upgrades are only allowed at the end of the turn.

How does everyone else feel about this?
                          "That which does not kill me, makes me stronger." -- Friedrich Nietzsche
                          "That which does not kill me, missed." -- Anonymous war gamer
                          "I fear that we have awakened a sleeping giant and instilled in it a terrible resolve." - Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto

Comment

I know it is to do with a 'bugs' in the code but can you explain what the effects of these actions are?
                            'No room for human error, and really it's thousands of times safer than letting drivers do it. But the one in ten million has come up once again, and the the cause of the accident is sits, something in the silicon.' - The Gold Coast - Kim Stanley Robinson

'Feels just like I can take a thousand miles in my stride hey yey' - Oh, Baby - Rhianna

Comment

My rated games have no specific rules.
                              Yes, upgrade only at the end of turn. There are some cheats, due to bugs in the code, and you, of course, are'nt allowed to make use of them.

Comment

MAN I ****ING FINALLY activated my account...
                                and am still interested in this game like i told u solver so i hope we can make some room.

I will play n e one but preferably yang.

HEY GET BACK IN UR CELL MAYOR!

well cya

Comment

Working...
                                X