This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Talent on Commlink

SMAX v.2. game, for 4-5 players this is. Everyone is welcome, but I already know some of those who will come to join this challenge. I'll post, as you guys agree to join.
    And, of course, this game is getting rated under my ladders system.
    Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
    I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Please count me in......
    'No room for human error, and really it's thousands of times safer than letting drivers do it. But the one in ten million has come up once again, and the the cause of the accident is sits, something in the silicon.' - The Gold Coast - Kim Stanley Robinson

'Feels just like I can take a thousand miles in my stride hey yey' - Oh, Baby - Rhianna

Comment

Thanks SITS. Please invite others from the Youngbloods game, if you could.

Comment

Hello Solver. I am rather new to Apolyton, but I have been playing SMAC/X PBEM games at a smaller site for the past few months.

I have beaten the AI at Thinker level, but have yet to win at Transcend. I can mostly survive at Transcend, but the best I seem to manage right now is middle of the pack in the Power ratings.

I am involved in a new team-based series here that came about from an idea by Misotu and I have asked Tau Ceti to include me in the Apolyton tournament. Now that I have discovered Apolyton, I hope to be an active member for the forseeable future.

I would love to play in this game. I also look forward to being a part of your ratings system.

While it remains to be seen how competitive I can be here at Apolyton, I can tell you that I am very reliable about playing turns and getting them back out quickly.

I certainly don't want to take anyone's spot, since it sounds like you have some specific players in mind for this game. However, if there is an extra slot available, I would welcome the opportunity to play.

Thanks.
        Last edited by Qantaga; May 27, 2001, 17:37.

Comment

Solver I've posted this thread in Youngbloods.

Qantaga - Welcome! I hope you enjoy your time here!
          'No room for human error, and really it's thousands of times safer than letting drivers do it. But the one in ten million has come up once again, and the the cause of the accident is sits, something in the silicon.' - The Gold Coast - Kim Stanley Robinson

'Feels just like I can take a thousand miles in my stride hey yey' - Oh, Baby - Rhianna

Comment

SITS - Thanks for the welcome.

Comment

Which site were you playing at?

Comment

Solver, the PBEM games I have been playing came about through the forums of GoneGold

GoneGold (if you aren't familiar with it) is a great site, run by Rich LaPorte, designed primarily to track new releases, but it has many good gaming features and a wonderful forum community. So, it isn't even a SMAC site, but there are some great people over there and one member has set up a series of SMAC games. I think we have 20-25 games running currently. Of course, I am not playing in all of those.

Through those games, a friend of mine, theohall, pointed me to Apolyton. I have been lurking and reading the posts here for a month or so, but I am very impressed with the Apolyton community and would love to be involved in some games here.

Comment

Bump. Perhaps one more player we need to start, what do you think, guys?

Comment

[COLOR=darkblue] Count me in but....

As I'm a beginner with Forums (difficult to believe but I'm sure there are a lot of us out there). I need a few answers first off.

What Patches do I need to have installed (SMAX v.2) I'm not sure of the abbreviation SMAX (SMAC OK - what is SMAX)

How quickly is the turn around time usually (how often can I expect to take my turn)?

Do we start from scratch, or do we start from a scenario?

Give me the gen, I'd love to have a go, and I will be a dedicated player.
                    Everyone knows that a million to one chance comes up 9 times out of 10.

Terry Pratchett

Comment

What an idiot (sorry)

Idiot. OK, I worked it out I am embarassed enough (Red Faced). Alien X-fire. OK OK

I will load it up when I get home tonight.
                      Everyone knows that a million to one chance comes up 9 times out of 10.

Terry Pratchett

Comment

Solver,

Do you have room for one more player? If so, please count me in!

Also, what map size, difficulty, etc. are you planning on using?

Thanks!
                        "That which does not kill me, makes me stronger." -- Friedrich Nietzsche
                        "That which does not kill me, missed." -- Anonymous war gamer
                        "I fear that we have awakened a sleeping giant and instilled in it a terrible resolve." - Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto

Comment

If Deimos has SMAX (Alien Crossfire), we're probably ready to start.
                          Now, everyone - state your preferred factions, so that it's possible to begin, finally.

Comment

Any but Miriam and the Pirates...
                            Last edited by SITS; June 2, 2001, 08:29.

Comment

Solver, thanks for organizing this game.

I am of the mind of SITS, I will play any faction, but I would prefer not to play the Believers, Morgan or the Cult. Please feel free to give me any faction you think will make for the most interesting and balanced game.

If you are looking for just SMAX factions, I would like to try the Consciousness, the Angels or the Pirates, but I would gladly yield any of these to someone who felt strongly about playing one of them.

I would also play one of the original factions (except Miriam or Morgan) if you think that would spice things up a little.
                              Last edited by Qantaga; June 2, 2001, 09:03.

Comment

Working...
                              X