No announcement yet.

New game looking for players ... Builder/Momentum vs Builder/Momentum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New to the apolyton crew but would be very interested in a team match.

Already have a partner who is very reliable - ie we've done 50 turns in a day using Yahoo! Messenger to swap files.

So a new team of theohall/Qantaga vs whomever if an opening still exists.

Comment

Game one is up and running on PlanetACOL:
      http://www.planetacol.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/000365.html

So who's in game 2?

------------------
      Creator of the Ultimate Builder Map, based on the Huge Map of Planet, available at The Chironian Guild:
      http://guild.ask-klan.net.pl/eng/index.html
      Creator of the Ultimate Builder Map, based on the Huge Map of Planet, available at The Chironian Guild:

Comment

DilithiumDad,

As theohall mentioned above, he and I would love to play as a team in one of these games. I am not sure how your priority list is set and we certainly are not looking to bump anyone from their rightful spot, but we are ready to start as soon as a spot opens up whether that puts us in game 2 or a later game. Thanks.

Comment

I'd be willing to get in, but I lack a team mate, offically speaking.

Comment

Well, so far we have 5 teams then:

Mis/Garth
            Mark/Googlie
            DiDad/Leahcim
            Buster/Andrew
            Theohall/Qantaga

and

White Elephants/?

One more player needed for six teams!
            Team 'Poly

Comment

Leahcim and I will revive our old team The Damn Yankees from ACOL team tournament. Unfortunately our arch-nemesis, the Confederacy of Chiron, is gone with the wind! So we lack a viable opposing team. Obviosuly, I can't CMN a game I am in.

I no objection to making the game listed -I plan for leahcim and I to both have very high alpha centrauri scores!!

------------------

Comment

White Elephants - Viriato

If he doesn't mind, of course .

I'm at work and don't have time to read the details. I'll get back here later.

Comment

Ahh! A team mate at last! You'll have to give me your e-mail and we'll go over who's going to play what and so on. I'll private message you with mine.

Comment

Hello again,

Me and WE are now discussing faction choice, but I have a few questions:

1. Do we have to play always the same factions? Or can we change factions when starting another game?

2. In what circunstances is AC score a tie-breaker?

3. When reading this thread I got the idea that there would be no AI, but game 1 has 3 AI factions. Is this happening in all other games?

4. Who are we playing first?

That's not much .

BTW I'm not in favour of rating the games, unless we make a different chart for teams.

Comment

Welcome Viriato! Glad you could join us and we now have six teams

So ... the first game has started. Googlie is an old hand at this kind of thing, so he can set up a game for DiDad and Leahcim. If DiDad will set up another game, then we are away!

To answer your questions:

1 So far, the factions have been decided on a game-by-game basis. So no, each game is different and you get to choose again ... DiDad is of the opinion that UoP is very unbalanced and, largely, I agree with him. So if 2 teams want UoP in the same game, then both will have to pick another faction

2 AC score is recorded, because this is a round robin. Theoretically, each team could win one victory, and if we get more teams then the situation becomes even more complex. If two or more teams have the same number of victories, then their aggregated AC score becomes the deciding factor for who takes the #1 position ...

3 All games have the AI factions.

4 Up to the CMNs I'll email Googlie and DiDad, hopefully we can now get going.

We've already agreed that the games won't be rated because the team aspect distorts the scores impossibly. Final scores for the victors will be high, as DiDad points out. But ... on the whole, it's probably not viable. Still, if all four players in a particular game want the game to be rated, that's up to them. We'll have a separate league table for this challenge though
                      [This message has been edited by Misotu (edited May 17, 2001).]
                      Team 'Poly

Comment

Because Qantaga and I are new to this format, a few questions:

1) What does CMN stand for and how do they work? I know there moderators but just curious about the acronym.

2) Is there a standard set of rules somewhere? We are familiar with all of the "cheats" being outlawed, but would like to see the rules set to be certain we aren't missing something.

3) Do we email preferences to the CMN or just post them here?

My team preferences - Gaians/Spartans; Peacekeepers/Yang; Gaians/Yang; Peacekeepers/Spartans. A real challenge would be having Miriam on the team. UoP with Miriam as a partner might be a decent match.

Comment

So:

game #2 will be Dilithium Dad and Leahcim pitted against Buster and Andrew

I'll be CMN'ing this one (Creator/Moderator/Narrator, for theohall's edification) so DD et al, email me your factions, site preferences, that password you want that is so near and dear to you, etc)

to: googlie@mybc.com

Comment

And game #3 will be WhiteElephants/Viriato vs Theohall/Qantaga. The CMN for this game will be DiDad.

I don't have email addresses for all of you, so I hope you're checking this thread! Please can you email DiDad with the following info:

Faction choice
                            Email address
                            Password request (if you have a preference, otherwise one will be assigned to you)

DiDad's email address is: pre@po.cwru.edu
                            Team 'Poly

Comment

Theohall, the standard Apolyton tournament rules can be found here

If you are not sure whether something would be permitted, you can email the CMN and ask for a decision. I often do this. It doesn't give your idea away to your opponents, and ensures that you don't break a rule by mistake.

I can never remember what CMN stands for ... commentator, moderator narrator or something. I don't think "commentator" is right. Anyway, basically the CMN is a referee
                              Team 'Poly

Comment

I'm still here. I'm going to email Viriato and discuss what we're doing and then email D-dad.

What happens if we want the same factions?

Comment

Working...
                                X