New game looking for players ... Builder/Momentum vs Builder/Momentum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Googlie, you read my mind

Am exploring the possibilities for exactly what you describe.

(Hiya WE. Nice to see you again )
    Team 'Poly

Comment

One little point that I hope is not taken wrong, and let me make clear that I will accept any assigned partner.

I also realize that complicating matters when I am actually coming late may be improper.

First - the player I had in mind is one of two players I have been doing several games with, whose abilities I respect and who are fast. That means we usually do several turns a day.

Second - I am currently in two games I believe with White Elephants and they are moving not that fast, often a two - three day delay in turns, for periods better and in between worse.

As I know the players here are probably looking forward to some fast moving games - I thought it however would better to bring it up now than later. At least I think some average turn rate that all agree to keep and a right to replace if not kept in should be agreed.

And please don't take this wrong - it is not a criticism and everyone does not have to be a geek the way I probably am to enjoy or take part in MP games, but having seen the turn rates of Mark and Googlie and the rapidity of answers on this thread I would at least like some indication from WE as what turn rate he expects to be able to deliver.

Hope I did not blow my chance here.
      [This message has been edited by buster (edited May 07, 2001).]

Comment

Good point Buster. I generally play a turn a day, though thats not religously. Often I skip a day on the weekends or, if by chance, I leave this god forsaken town for the weekend or something, I won't play the turns till I get home. I imagine a few of us will be going on some sort of vacation this summer as well, so I would expect us to be out of contact at one point or another. At any rate, I don't know if I only speak for myself here, but it's highly unlikely that I'd be able to keep up with several turns a day. Frankly, some days I don't mind that I only find a turn or two in my inbox.

As far as ACT040, and AXT031 are concerned, I can only account for my turns sent. Don't really know what else to say about those two..

As my only defense I can point out that I've been in a game with Big Canuk, and Mark13 for some time now and we've been moving at a fairly good pace, I think, guys? Anyway, we're up to 2220, or there abouts, and average just under a turn a day.

In all, I think you'd much rather play with someone you're familiar with. I would. So, have at it. I bow out like I said, no hard feelings.

Comment

Thanks WE - I am not stuck on having to play with someone special and will leave it to the organizers.

It is not my wish to push you out and I am sure we will get along well if teamed.

I don't know what is expected and your turn frequency may be perfectly acceptable. I have not kept close track and just thought it best to take up the matter at start.

The player I had in mind is called Andrew Krupowicz and has e-mail: andrew.krupowicz@utoronto.ca .

He does do his mail turns more frequently than WE, but there will be no protest if he is not included as this was just my suggestion, not his own origination.

Besides this I just hope it will happen at all, whether I am teamed with one or the other, and if so I am sure it will be great fun.

Comment

::looks around::

Momentum, huh?

That's where you, like, actually attack someone?

And fight?

Hesitantly offers self to mark13 as a possible partner while feverishly looks to see where Vel's strat guide was filed ....

(but that would make seven - no, eight, games where I was in opposition to Mis. - and losing every one - ah well, there's always a first time for everything -)

Mark? Game on?

G

[This message has been edited by Googlie (edited May 07, 2001).]

Comment

Hah! If only that were likely. You and your allies will take at least some of those games Googlie, looking at the current positions ...

Sorry, yes, should have mentioned that Garth only plays SMAC. Thinker level is fine by me. Everything else would be normal tourny settings?
              Team 'Poly

Comment

AHA, a ringer !!

Wasn't there an Andrew Krupowicz on the Firaxis design team?

(Just kidding - any team combo is fine)

G.

Comment

(Of course that would mean an inordinate number of transports and arty for that team)

G.

Comment

OK, things have moved on. Many thanks to DiDad for agreeing to CMN those games where he doesn't play.

Teams so far:

Mis/Garth
                    Mark/Googlie

Other players so far:

Buster
                    White Elephants
                    DiDad

Leave it up to you guys to get your teams together.

Team 'Poly

Comment

As the line up is now expanding anyway I will then submit Andrew and I as a team.

We have started intensively training arrow-key movements.

Comment

I will also be fine on doing CMN duties on games where I am not involved.

Comment

/
                          [This message has been edited by Googlie (edited May 10, 2001).]

Comment

Before this gets lost in the wash I thought I'd bump it.

If I'm in this or not, I'd still like to see something happen with it nonetheless.

Comment

Hi WE, yes it's still happening. I think we have agreement on the basic game set-up now, so we should be rolling in not too long. You're in for sure - once we have games running, we can try to rope in more players but as it stands we still have 2 who aren't teamed - you and DiDad. So I guess you could pair up, or find other partners?
                              Team 'Poly

Comment

I'm hip to the Dad-Man, unless he has someone else in mind!

Comment

Working...
                                X