New Newbie SMAC PBEM Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And one more note:
    When the game is started, a new thread will be created. There you will post turn notifications, like turn to Twister. You must do that, so that everyone knows.
    And again - for the first turn, you will set your passwords yourself. They're emailed to me so that someone also has them in case password is lost/forgotten, or the player is lost/forgotten and the game is stuck.
    Shame you didn't allow me to play here .

------------------
    Solver the "Running Beer" - http://www.aok.20m.com
    Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
    I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

I vote for no Tech Stag and no Random events.

If we don't get replies soon then I suggest we just start the game with what has been previously agreed.
      'No room for human error, and really it's thousands of times safer than letting drivers do it. But the one in ten million has come up once again, and the the cause of the accident is sits, something in the silicon.' - The Gold Coast - Kim Stanley Robinson

'Feels just like I can take a thousand miles in my stride hey yey' - Oh, Baby - Rhianna

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Solver on 05-03-2001 12:25 PM
        then we gotta wait or start without him.

I suggest instead that we don't panic, and scrolling a little back up, see that Hutak last post was yesterday, so that it might not be so unreasonable to think that, since I'm may not be refreshing this board 24/7, I might never-the-less post something today.

Having said that, it seems that Solver has become our moderator? Ok I guess. What does a moderator do, anyway? Am I still creating the game, or is Solver doing it?

One last thing before we start, since we've always proceded in a democratic fashion, and since Twister changed is stance on the matter, making the vote 2-3 against Tech Stag, we'll be playing without it. Not that I particulary like it, but hey, I'm not the boss!

Ragadast: about vendetta and probes teams. Remember when playing in single player, sometimes the AI would send probe teams in your cities, even if you had a truce or a treaty (or even a pact!!)? Remember that little window that pop-ups asking you if you wished to let the whole thing go or if you wanted instead to cancel your treaties and declare vendetta? Well, in multiplayer, when you send one of your own probe teams against another player, that windows pop-up during your own turn, not the turn of the player who was the victim of the probe team attack. Since you're then basicaly asked to make a decision for the other player, the rule is that you have to declare vendetta, unless there was a previous agreement between you two. Otherwise, the other player would never find out that one of his cities was probed.

Hoping we can get started soon,
        -Hutak
        [This message has been edited by Hutak (edited May 03, 2001).]

Comment

Hutak I hope you are alright with all this. Sounds like you feel your nose has been pushed out of joint. That certainly wan't my intention.

I too hope the game can be started soon as I've got tonight off and can do plenty of turns!

[This message has been edited by SITS (edited May 03, 2001).]
          'No room for human error, and really it's thousands of times safer than letting drivers do it. But the one in ten million has come up once again, and the the cause of the accident is sits, something in the silicon.' - The Gold Coast - Kim Stanley Robinson

'Feels just like I can take a thousand miles in my stride hey yey' - Oh, Baby - Rhianna

Comment

Not at all SITS, I'm absolutly fine with everything that has been decided by you guys.

What I was pissed at was the email I got from Solver, basicaly saying that I was guilty of crimes against humanity for not being on the board 24/7 (my last post was yesterday for god's sake!!) and threatening to kick me out of the game I started. That got me going for sure.

However, I'm sorry if I let it transpire in my previous message and that it looked like I was pissed at the rest of you at or the decisions you made. I'm really not and I look foward to getting this started since I think we're all going to have fun.

[This message has been edited by Hutak (edited May 03, 2001).]

Comment

Solver - I'm not sure all the details have been agreed, especially Tech Stag. I've also questioned the random events but not really had a response. I'm ok to start with the rules that you've stated just so we can get going soonest.

I hope we can get hold of Hutak.
              [This message has been edited by SITS (edited May 03, 2001).]

Comment

Agree on the rules then. I got Hutak's email (special power ), and will email him. Perhaps he's out of town or something, then we gotta wait or start without him.

------------------

Comment

I'm glad Hutak and I'm too looking forward to starting!

Comment

Glad you were okay with some of the decisions Hutak...

Also, I don't think I went back on my previous decision...I said I didn't want it, but if everyone else did then I was okay.. .I just restated that I didn't care for Tech Stag..

Anyway.. lets just get this beast going

Twister

Comment

Hey, Guys.

I was just browsing your thread here. Not that it's any of my business, but allow me to point something out here. You don't need a moderator. Anyone can start a game, create the appropriate number of players, and send it off to the first player. So don't let Solver push you around. If you want to start your own game for newbies only, go for it!

(I was a newbie myself not long ago.)

Darius
                      "I love justice, I hate iniquity. It is not my pleasure that the lower suffer injustice because of the higher." - Darius I, 550-486 BC

Comment

Darius,

Thanks for the info... I believe that the moderator stuff is becuase this game is going to be rated.. maybe it was a bad choice for our first game :-)

Twister

Comment

Hutak,
                          You don't agree to the rules. You don't like me being the moderator here. Did my email contain at least one offensive word to you? I just asked you to look at this thread.
                          You started getting these youngbloods into a PBEM game, but you didn't finish it, so I came, to let them play in a PBEM game. And now, just because I did work to let them play, you're insulting me. I don't want to see my efforts undone.
                          Hutak, please forget this, state your highest AI level beaten, and play with the others. But I don't want to see crude words here, and I don't want to be insulted. I don't tolerate insults.

Why need a moderator? Not because the game is rated. Someone to supervise the game and store the passwords, it's simpler. And looks like you are now all going to hate me, after this.

------------------

Comment

Thanks SITS. Hope for a game, too. And how do you know English isn't my second language, only third?

------------------

Comment

Hey Solver.. no worries

Comment

Not at all Solver. Sometimes your posts are a bit 'strong' but I take that as the normal problem with email as it is hard to convey inflection and I also understand that English isn't your first or second langauge. I believe you are coming from the right place, don't worry. Look forward to meeting you in a future game!

Comment

Working...
                                X