Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

okay..
    so

Twister - mbl67@hotmail.com - EST (GMT -5)

Twister
    [This message has been edited by Twister (edited May 01, 2001).]

Comment

sorry for the quiet time, I just assumed you'd get started, having my email and all.

If you started with me, I'm in EST , GMT -500 (I *think*...I'm in IN, so we are on EST, NOT EDT--whatever the case, I'm on Chicago time)

Nazaran.1@nd.edu

-Rad

Comment

Timezone: Central Standard Time (CST)
        E-Mail: sam.henson@att.net

Highest AI Defeated: Librarian

I am usually able to check e-mail from 10pm to 1am. I could probably check in the morning (7am) in needed.

I think it would be great if we could all zip the game file before we send it. I did a test and found the compression ratio to be good. It is much better to download a <100k file than a 400k file.

Random events are OK on or off; Doesn't matter to me either way.

Anything else we need to do before we start?

- SamIAm

Comment

Good to see that you are still alive Radagast.

As for the turn order, I had already arranged it as follow:

-SamIAm
          -Twister
          -Radagast
          -Hutak
          -SITS

That way we were moving from west to east. Unless somebody has a better idea?

Comment

Tomezone GMT but I also work nights and would probably do a lot of my turns about 6am GMT.
            'No room for human error, and really it's thousands of times safer than letting drivers do it. But the one in ten million has come up once again, and the the cause of the accident is sits, something in the silicon.' - The Gold Coast - Kim Stanley Robinson

'Feels just like I can take a thousand miles in my stride hey yey' - Oh, Baby - Rhianna

Comment

Sounds good to me although I would say history goes east to west but I won't get into British Imperialism!
              'No room for human error, and really it's thousands of times safer than letting drivers do it. But the one in ten million has come up once again, and the the cause of the accident is sits, something in the silicon.' - The Gold Coast - Kim Stanley Robinson

'Feels just like I can take a thousand miles in my stride hey yey' - Oh, Baby - Rhianna

Comment

Now, each game needs a moderator. I think I'll be a moderator of this game, for I've done much with you thus far .

Now, the players whom I see:
                SITS, Twister, Radagast, SamIAm, Hutak, what is 5 players. This is good - the speed will be reasonable, and there will be 2 AI factions.
                Now, before we begin (soon!), some more important questions, must be answered by everyone:

1. What game you have (SMAC v.4 or SMAX)?
                2. What difficulty you prefer (Librarian, I assume)?
                3. What factions you'd like to play (name 2 or 3, in their order)?
                4. Would you like to be rated (I hope yes!)?

After I got answers to these questions, I'll probably be able to make a game for you. We have random map, large size, right?
                And - you will have your turns protected by passwords. Everyone email me the password you'd like. Note that they're not (I think) case-sensitive.
                I think that's all.
                Oh, and SamIAm - yes, most people Zip the files. As game progresses, the savefile will grow to over 500 KB, while the ZIP will take at least 80% off the size.

Welcome to the world of SMAC PBEM! .

------------------
                Solver the "Running Beer" - http://www.aok.20m.com
                [This message has been edited by Solver (edited May 02, 2001).]
                Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Solver - I think your questions have already been answered in this thread. I'll summerise them:

Game - SMAC

Factions:

Hutak- Peacekeepers
                  Radagast - University
                  SamIAm - Morgan
                  SITS - Gaians
                  Twister - Hive

---------
                  Settings:

Map - Large Random
                  Difficulty - Thinker
                  Tech Stag - Yes
                  Look First - Yes

Rated - Yes

Comment

Thanks SITS. Now please summarize the highest AI level beaten for everyone, and I'll start the game for you, as soon as you do the remaining - email me your passwords.
                    And, what shall be the official name of this game?

------------------

Comment

The highest level I've beaten is Thinker.

Name? I think Hutak should have the privilege to decide that as he started all this!

Comment

Email mbl67@hotmail.com
                        Highest level beaten Talent

Lets get this thing Started.

Twister

Comment

SAMIAM
                          E-Mail: sam.henson@att.net
                          Highest AI Defeated: Librarian

TWISTER
                          Email mbl67@hotmail.com
                          Highest level beaten Talent

SITS
                          Email tony@tlafave.demon.co.uk
                          Hightest level beaten Thinker

RADAGAST
                          EMail Nazaran.1@nd.edu
                          Highest level beaten Librarian

HUTAK
                          Email ???
                          Highest level beaten ???

Twister

Twister, sorry for editing your message, but I'm just adding the new data here, to make it easier for me.
                          [This message has been edited by Twister (edited May 02, 2001).]
                          [This message has been edited by Solver (edited May 02, 2001).]

Comment

Starting tomorrow, or better to say - when I get the passwords emailed. I hope it will be tomorrow. And OK, will you allow me to play in here, or not? An experienced player I am, though. .

------------------

Comment

The highest level i've officially beaten is Librarian.

Question: if we later beat a higher level, can we submit that for credit on our ranking? E.g. I am currently playing Transcend. If and when I win, can I submit that and have my ranking improved?

-Radagast

Comment

I'm ok with Solver playing... Anyone not?

Twister

Solver, Did you get my email?

Comment

Working...
                                X