No announcement yet.

Turns of AXT011 game in Apolyton SMACX Tournament

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks Tau ... there's no way I've exceeded my storage quota, I delete all my messages. Hotmail has been doing some very strange things this morning

Anyway, game received OK in hotmail and sent to Tig.
    Team 'Poly

Comment

• Turn sent on to Tau.

Comment

• After Morgan Industries declined to subvert the democratic process in the Governor elections, the University of Planet broke the Pact of Brotherhood, and is even threatening Vendetta. We expect that our allies the Consciousness will honour their obligations and come to our aid if the University decides to act on its threats.

Comment

• I believe the construction of a planet buster would violate our earlier agreement. I wouldn't wait until it was done to scream bloody murder... and it would all get bad since between us we have the crawlers to each build 1-3 of them. How awful would that be... Tig

Comment

• Indeed, building a Planet Buster would violate the UCDA. The Morganic business ethic forbids us to break such agreements without justifiable cause. And we do not even have Orbital Spaceflight yet . But no, there would not be much left of any of us. I guess the Progenitors would be pleased, though.

Mis, my message was bounced with the explanation 'storage quota exceeded'. I re-sent it just now, and sent it to your old usa.com address as well, just in case.

Comment

• The Consciousness wish to reassure Morgan Industries that we will adhere to the original Tri-Partite Agreement signed by all three factions, and we call on our friends in the University to make the same commitment. For reasons of energy efficiency, however, we have found it necessary to withdraw from our Pact with Morgan Industries for the time being. While we admire the entrepreneurial skills of Morganite businesses, we are concerned to observe that the lion's share of trading profits is finding its way into Morgan coffers. We believe that this recent economic adjustment will go some way towards addressing this concern.

However, our Treaty of Peace remains in place and we wish to assure our friends at Morgan Industries that it will be honoured.
              Team 'Poly

Comment

• Peace, is of course, the most desirable course of action. It is disturbing however, that the good CEO is unhappy with 20 years in office when on earth that would have been considered a dictatorship.

Tig

Comment

• While we disagree with the protectionist policies of our neighbours, we are pleased to see that they are still committed to peace.

On the issue of the governorship, CEO Tau Ceti said today that 'In these days of Longevity treatments, time is not what it used to be. And we see no reason to remove a successful and above all popular government just for the sake of change. The people, not the opposition parties, will decide who shall be their leader in the times ahead.'

Comment

• Turn sent to Tig ... sorry, I was out all day yesterday so I have a stack of turns to play now Posted in haste ...
                    Team 'Poly

Comment

• Turn is being sent to Tau...

Comment

• ...and to Misotu.

Comment

• Upheavals in Cybernetic society made front page news in Chiron Today, when officials announced that an advanced form of social order had been implemented.

Named "Cybernetic", in honour of the first faction to introduce it, the new system is rumoured to encourage research and efficiency, while reducing ecological disruption. "Our analysis indicates that, in theory at least, a state police force would be less effective in maintaining order under the Cybernetic system" commented the Prime Function. "This is of little concern to us - Cybernetic citizens are highly productive and law-abiding, rendering the use of police unnecessary."

It is believed that the news was welcomed by ordinary Cyberfunctions. The highly-educated and multi-skilled citizens of Alpha Prime anticipate increased leisure time and more creative work, as a result of these latest changes.

Team 'Poly

Comment

• Following in the wake of the great upheaval in Cybernetic territory this week, University researchers and citizens openly questioned if this was not the best system for them as well. After looking into it, Provost TigToad announced that it was, indeed, a fine system and should be adopted.

Tig

Comment

• Morganic network engineers are getting very envious of their counterparts in the other factions. Despite the best efforts of Morganite scientists, the current network simply does not have the capacity for the kind of programs the University and the Consciousness are running.

*sigh*... 4 and 7 techs behind, lowest research rate *AND* a boycott from the other players... what did I do to deserve this?
                              [This message has been edited by Tau Ceti (edited May 08, 2000).]

Comment

• Looks like a great game guys! Could someone give us poor lurkers (there are probably more) a general update on the status of this game? It looks like Morganites have highest pop, UoP has highest tech, and the CyC has the best humor (By a landslide )

Comment

Working...
                                X