No announcement yet.

Turns of RP1 game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RP1 Mk. 2 is out! First turn sent to Basil and fingers crossed...

Comment

Turn to Waynehead. More rp posting later.

Comment

Do we need a sub for vel on this one?

Maybe (as it is roleplay) Hydro might be interested - I've just got him agreeing to another game. I'm sure he'd be more than willing to pass back to Vel when appropriate

I've e-mailed him (Hydro) this thread.

Googlie

Comment

RP1 #3 MY 2102 from PK to Hive.
          Not that I understand any of this anymore, but I just keep on playing...keep on playing (repeat the mantra)
          -joer.

Comment

LOL I know what you mean, joer.

Having skittered about on the PBEM fringes for over a year I've finally taken the plunge and am in, now, maybe a dozen to 15 games.

Load it up, play the turn, pass it on...where did that spore launcher go? - oh, that was a different game...

Keep getting the replayed message 'cos I forget which password is which (and why does the game give a replay message if you were unable to open the game anyway to play it in the first place?)

Ah well, gotta check my e-mail to see who's sent a game on

Googlie

Comment

Hi all,

The Googlie asked that I take the plunge into a little roleplaying, and mentioned that I could take over for Vel. So, although I am unfamiliar with the rules (other than those posted here) I'll dive right in.

CEO Morgan reporting for duty! (That is, unless the position isn't already filled or Vel comes back)

Now, I will happily turn the Good CEO back over to Vel when he returns. He may even be able to repair the damage I have wrought…

Hydro

P.S. - Send to hydrogeo@gateway.net

[This message has been edited by Hydro (edited August 03, 2000).]

Comment

Hey gang,

I remember this really cool idea someone had a while back for an MP game where everyone role-played their assigned faction! Wouldn't that be cool? Maybe we should try it!!

Comment

Maybe seven players is a bit optimistic...

Waynehead seems to have dropped out (he has not responded in the tournament games for a while either), so a replacement player might be needed here. Has Vel dropped out officially, since Googlie recruited Hydro? I have not heard a thing...

Comment

I think it would be fair to consider Vel and Waynehead as having officially dropped out. It's been weeks, after all.

Comment

I agree.

Oh, and TC, could you send me a test game,that I will send back to you? I think I may be the culprit in the Activation of Scenario Editor bug.

Comment

14thCorps posted elsewhere that he'd like to participate in an RP game

And Basil, if you want to play in one that you're not moderating, I'd be happy to assume that role for RP2 and get it started before my vacation - there'll be little call for any moderation in the first 20 - 30 turns or so I imagine, so my absence won't be critical for that time.

Googlie

Comment

Test game sent to Kinjiru.

My question for the day is: has anyone had an official notice that Vel has pulled out? After all, the game is not stuck on his turn, but on Waynehead's so there is no reason to believe that Vel is not going to play unless he has told someone here. I have not heard anything from him.

Comment

Many Apologies to folks here re: RP1.

My time commtments will not allow any new additonal SMACing activity for some time to come (Joer and Basil I am still comitted to our PBEM even if it means its going to be a little slower). Thats the bad news. The good news from a personal perspective is that it is almost exclusively due to the arrival on July 19th of my Daughter Madison (that and some changes at work requiring more of my time). Priorities are what they are and Baby comes first. Sorry I haven't been able to get on much lately and to be truthful haven't even been looking at the Multiplayer section here in the 2-3 times I've been here at 'Poly since the blessed date.

Good luck all. Hope you can find a replacement for me but I'ld rather not slow the already slow wheels of progress for this game.

Og
                            [This message has been edited by Ogie Oglethorpe (edited August 24, 2000).]
                            "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

Then we are down three players... Perhaps it is time to put this game out of its misery.

Comment

regrettably I agree

(as much as for the fact that I'll be on a pc-less vacation for six weeks starting next Thursday as for the dropping out of several players)

But there is interest on the Boards for a true-to-faction role playing game.

maybe on my return......

Googlie

Comment

Working...
                                X