No announcement yet.

Momentum-Hybrid-Builder Challenge game #2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My personal view is you should not ever put another player in a situation where the computer decides somethign for them.

Turn is on to the foolish Spartans who decided to threaten me.

Tig

Comment

2114 on to Adam

-=Vel=-
      The list of published books grows. If you're curious to see what sort of stories I weave out, head to Amazon.com and do an author search for "Christopher Hartpence." Help support Candle'Bre, a game created by gamers FOR gamers. All proceeds from my published works go directly to the project.

Comment

14>

BustaMike,

I don't know what the rule is, but you will have to make sure that whatever the AI does for a player is that players wish. So you might have to talk to the other player before you take your turn.

Comment

Have to confess that we Peacekeepers were initially a bit depressed to find that it was turning into a war-game 12 turns in.

But not any more.

Oh no.

Mind worms turn and run from our undefended bases - yes, we're that fearsome.

So ... come one, come all

Or maybe it's an undocumented feature of discovering SotHB first ?

Turn sent to Bustamike
          Team 'Poly

Comment

Turn to Vel.

And Vel, the only way I'll let you contact the 'borg is for a tasty 100 ec.

And let it be known that Vel has signed a Treaty with the Almighty Spartans, and next turn his techs should be winging their way to us.

That or he'll burn, burn, burn.

Comment

I would sign a treaty with you too if I were Morgan too you silly Spartan.

Comment

That's ok Kaz....when we build the Empath Guild, we'll talk to them anyway.... But, a hundred credits is pretty steep....perhaps you'd be more interested in a tech trade...

-=Vel=-
                The list of published books grows. If you're curious to see what sort of stories I weave out, head to Amazon.com and do an author search for "Christopher Hartpence." Help support Candle'Bre, a game created by gamers FOR gamers. All proceeds from my published works go directly to the project.

Comment

Turn has been sent on to the not overly bright Spartans. They threaten and badger, yet we've won the only encounter between our troops. Tig

Comment

Turn 2115 sent to Adam....not to worry Tig....I've got Spartans off the port bow myself, and, I just officially contacted you as well....

-=Vel=-

Comment

• Well, the action is over here now. I will let you guys know how it goes next turn. One thing is for sure. It's getting messy.

Comment

• Turn to Vel.

And Tig, one battle against a heavily wounded Scout Rover isn't much to brag about.

Comment

• Well, one thing that can fairly be said....the "Builder" elements of this game are pretty much out the window....my start has me hemmed in on all sides....with no room for expansion at all....I certainly don't mind finishing the game out, but would recommend starting another as well, to see if we can't get some better seeding to actually see how the Builder-Hybrid-Momentum thing goes....as it stands, it's shaping up to be a Momentum-Momentum-Momentum challenge....

-=Vel=-

Comment

• Must admit, having one human-controlled Momentum faction on your doorstep in the first fifteen years is bad luck. Having two is ... indescribable.

I agree with Vel ... more than happy to play out this game (especially since I seem to be the only one who isn't threatened just yet ) but this is no Builder game. I'd be up for a second, parallel game if there were enough interest ...

2115 to Bustamike.
                            Team 'Poly

Comment

• (Don't have turn yet--just posting).

We could run another parallel game... if we did it in the same order with the same players it wouldn't even slow down at all. As for the momentum players, they started next to EVERYONE from what I can tell. I know of three maybe four people on teh spartans border. Should be ugly for them. In order to do this so we don't start next to everyone else, we might need to make the map bigger..;/

Tig

Comment

• I'd recommend a bigger map and more ocean coverage, with the proviso that no one take the Pirates (ie - same faction spread we have now, and we can just nuke the AI out of the game on turn one), that way, continents would be smaller, almost guaranteeing that we'd all start in isolation, allowing for a little more build time.

But, I'm still feeling pretty good about the game. At present, the folks I'm hemmed in by have treaties with me, and I'm looking into the possibility of getting flex and getting the HECK off of this rock....finding some greener pastures....

-=Vel=-

Comment

Working...
                                X