Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• turns of ACT010 game of Apolyton 2000 tournament

The players of this game:

Please, read and obey the rules posted on the thread Apolyton 2000 Alpha Centauri PBEM Tournament

You should post turn administration/notification messages below.

::Zsozso::

Please send any emails to Michaelthegreatest@yahoo.com until Monday, as my ISP mail server is down.

Thanks a lot.
    When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

MY 2101 sent to Morgans.

It´s going to be fun playing you guys and good luck!

//Ced.

Comment

I have a small problem: it seems my Morganites only got 4 of their rightful 5 Scout Patrols. Not entirely crippling, but rather annoying, especially with Morgan's support penalty. Zsozso, could you fix this and restart the game?

Comment

2101 to Peacekeepers. Their leader appears to have suffered the misfortune of being called MichaledtheGreat (sic).

Comment

MY2101 to Cedronian.

Good luck to all.
            When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

MY2103 to Provost Cedronian

Comment

2103 sent to the Morganites.

Comment

Hi Guys,

Cedronian has pointed out a bug in the scenario file I used for this game: The peacekeepers start with very low (9) tech cost despite the fact, that they have all level 1 techs. I checked other scenario files too, it did not happen in other places and I have no idea why is it here. Any way, please check if it realy is the case in the game and the other 2 players have high starting cost. In which case I will restart the game to make it fair.

Sorry for the inconvenience...

Comment

My tech cost is normal. I just sent the turn to MtG so he can check.

I believe the cause of the problem is that zsozso created the scenario by modifying an existing scenario where the Peacekeepers had previously been eliminated to make room for another faction. I did that once, and I seem to recall that their tech cost was then absurdly low.

To be safe, all scenarios should be made by modifying the very first scenario.
                    [This message has been edited by Tau Ceti (edited January 31, 2000).]

Comment

Ehh, did I point that out? I´ve seen nothing wrong with the tech in the game but if there is something wrong, we should do something about it to make the game fair.

Ced.

Comment

My tech cost is also 9, as if I had no previous techs. I've seen the occasional game where this was done for all factions, despite tech acceleration, but normally, you get the full labs accumulation when you accelerated techs. Normally, eliminating and reloading a faction has no effect, but the SE is so flaky I always clear all factions and reload when I build scenarios.

Should I hold the turn and wait for reissue of the game?

My regular email at michaelm@bc.cablemas.com is now working, but please cc the yahoo account to make sure.
                        [This message has been edited by MichaeltheGreat (edited January 31, 2000).]

Comment

Sorry, it was Pagan[CyC] who pointed it out. But the point is, that th ebug exists, other player have tech cost of 149 (or somehting like that possibly modified by SE). So it is quite unfair.

Sorry for the mistake, I have fixed the scenario but don't have time to create the restart right now, will do it tonight.

Zsozso

Comment

I got two artifacts and some other good results on my first turn, but starting over is OK with me. It's alot easier than rebuilding the scenario with everyone's moves.

Comment

I had a pretty good start too, but starting over is fine by me.

Comment

Working...
                              X