No announcement yet.

Omniscience (Open Information PBEM)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well I'm still waiting for dacoles. I've never played as Pirate, never dealt with aliens, never finished a SMAX game. So if I'm gonna play it's gonna be a challenge I suppose.

Will appreciate any and all suggestions.
    Be good, and if at first you don't succeed, perhaps failure will be back in fashion soon. -- teh Spamski

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

HongHu:
      You are playing as the Nautilus Pirates
      Your starting location has not been chosen
      You need to pick one.

Quango:
      You are playing as Morgan Industries
      Your starting location is the Nut Bonus in the Uranium Flats

MrWhereItsAt:
      You are playing as the Cybernetic Consciousness
      Your starting location has not been chosen
      You need to pick one.

This is the third time I've asked HongHu for her starting location. If she doesn't reply, I'll eliminate her from the game.

Comment

HongHu - ever considered forming a team with Dacole?
        Both of you can manage the Pirates. As you both seem to be horribly slow turnplayers, this will offset that to some extent.

Second-guessing a poor attention span...
        There's the map, AI factions landmarked.
        Pick a starting location.

I hope you guys won't stall the turn.
        Attached Files

Comment

Sorry, I was going to wait for dacole until after this weekend as I said earlier. Please remove me from the game.
          Be good, and if at first you don't succeed, perhaps failure will be back in fashion soon. -- teh Spamski

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

As I'm the only one showing interest, I'm content to just forget "open book." I'll keep an eye on the YTYKE game. I was gonna get whooped anyway.

Quango

Comment

Q:

Why don't you take over the Gaians in YTYKE? My internet access will be sporadic for the next couyple of weeks and the game will move quicker if someone else plays the G's

"password" is .............. just hit enter

Comment

Since the passwords were open knowledge, we simply decided not to make any.
                A brilliant move on all of our parts!

Yes, you can share control of a faction. I'm okay with it.
                Read the ytyke thread, mimic Googlie's behaviour. It's pretty self-explanitory.

Comment

65, 23

Not really sure of any other places that are far away from this spot.

How's that then?

I figure the river will mena a bit of a bonus for Aki's techspeed, and Boreholes around means not even I can screw this up completely (with some help).

EDIT: I see you suggested 60,14. That's OK too, but if possible I'd prefer my one.
                  Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

Enigma_Nova, this sounds like a interesting idea. I'll have to have a look at your game with Chaunk and Googlie to see how it's going and see if I can learn new things.

I think you should have turned pods off though. Pods can accelerate exploring to unnatural levels when you already know the map. Even to the point of conqouring someone when you should have had no right to conquor them.

Comment

Go go gadget Hivepwnd!
                      Who says I didn't have a right to Roverrush him?

Kody: Maybe it would be better for you to take over Googlie, and Quango to play in the new game.
                      I'm having a bit of trouble getting enough players for another open information PBEM.

Current Players:
                      Enigma_Nova
                      Chaunk
                      Quango
                      MrWhereItsAt
                      Kody

Did you notice that I -did- turn pods off in the Open Book map?
                      (Well, random pods. )

One bad thing about the current game, is that Googlie isn't explaining much future strategy with his turns.
                      It's like he plays things on a turn-by-turn basis...

Comment

MWIA:
                        If I understand your intent, then you're better off starting in the fungus at (64,22).
                        That way you can found 2 bases on your first turn, gaining vital turn advantage.

You start with 2 Cpods and a Spatrol.

Comment

Originally posted by Enigma_Nova
                          One bad thing about the current game, is that Googlie isn't explaining much future strategy with his turns.
                          It's like he plays things on a turn-by-turn basis...
                          What's there to explain?

I already said that my long-term strategy is to go green - so that's Cent Empathy ... Cent Meditation ... Cent Genetics ... Cent Psi

And I've said that my medium-term strategy is formers first at every new base (to use that first row, and rush-build them for 19 to 23 ec's each as much as possible) - that implies a modified ICS (colony pods ... formers ... colony pods etc)

And I've said that my immediate goal (my short term strategy) is to get the independent scout to the wreckage via fungus, to snare a mindworm or two and get the energy, chopper and mining laser

I thought I'd done a pretty good job of setting out goals and exploration lines

G

Comment

Originally posted by Enigma_Nova
                            MWIA:
                            If I understand your intent, then you're better off starting in the fungus at (64,22).
                            That way you can found 2 bases on your first turn, gaining vital turn advantage.

You start with 2 Cpods and a Spatrol.
                            /me has no idea what Enigma thinks he is going to do...

OK, if you like, (64, 22) it is...
                            Consul.

Comment

Hiya. I am fully back from the Oz reactor now - what's happening with this?
                              Consul.

Comment

Well MWIA, it seems we don't have enough players for a current game.
                                I'll see if I can work you into my battle with Kody.
                                Do you have much of an opinion on Kody?

Comment

Working...
                                X