No announcement yet.

Omniscience (Open Information PBEM)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've attached a map detailing what I think are optimum starting locations.
    I'm having a ***** of a time making a scenario where I can choose my starting tech. >_<''

I need to test the fastest route. Not to IA this time, though.
    Attached Files

Comment

I think the AI on the ridge is gonna suck. There's no land there, and the AI stuggles any time it doesn't have land in more that 2 directions to expand into in my experience - even more so than usual

My suggestions would be one of the following:

Moving your start position to (60,14), and widening the ai's start position on the pholus ridge to give it more land.

Perhaps having the pirates as the third ai, at somewhere like (0,20), (49,15) or (75,47).

Also, whoever starts near mount planet is gonna be able to turtle like mad, and build like crazy. Ah well, thems the breaks I suppose... lol.

I'll be the Angels for this one, if we can agree that +4 probe = probing immunity for if & when I get there.
      Play hangman.

Comment

It seems I can't preset colony pod locations -and- give myself a free tech.

What I can do, is:
        Start a game
        Settings to those above, plus Look First.
        Play as Uni, pick my starting teck.
        CTRL-K, clear units, place pods/scouts where desired.

Comment

I'll be the gaians, starting at 8:62 (updated map here

I took the liberty of altering the fungus slightly (taking it away from E_N's and Chaunk's base radius) as well as plopping a couple of rivers in the AI's territory to give them better movement and eventually energy. You might want to seed the AI's position with a tile of forest on a river (they grow like crazy up river beds)

G.

Comment

Chaunk: I don't think MWIA has SMAX, so forego the Angels and Pirates ideas.

I was thinking of swapping the start positions at Mt. Planet and the Ridge.
            That way the AI doesn't suck, and a player can't turtle like mad.

The problem I see is that some wise ass will go Gaians, troll fungus, then bumrush whoever started out near the Freshwater sea with Mass Worm Rush.

EDIT: Nice of you to do that, Googlie - but now there are only two AI.

Comment

E_N - you don't get your free tech until you have founded a base, then the next time you open the turn you're prompted for your research goal - that in fact is your free tech ('cos if you check your F2 screen, you're red, with nothing indicated as a goal). The turn after you'll be prompted for the tech you are actually researching.

And if you want to start with info nets and cent ecol, give yourself cent ecol as the faction tech then info comes up as a choice. The other way round you won't see cent ecol as a choice the first time round

G.

Comment

Hmm ok... I'll go for whoevers left out of Santi, Lal or Dee. Shame really, not played the Angels in MP before... nor for that matter the spartans I don't think.

Spartans it is then!
                Play hangman.

Comment

Are you sure about that?
                  The way I tend to create maps is to start a game with Flexibility on, and choose my own tech.
                  I'll play around a bit until I find a way for it to work.

Googlie, I'm sure you mean well, but-
                  1. You just diverted the river that originally ran through your HQ
                  2. I'm not sure how many AI we have, so don't soup up everything.

Comment

How 2 - I didn't take an AI's slot, and you have:

Enigma_Nova
                    dacole
                    Chaunk
                    Googlie

(I didn't read MWIA as saying he'd be in an open game:

Originally posted by MrWhereItsAt

I'm not so sure as my first PBEM in SMAC this would be the best way to go about it
                    If I'm wrong, I'll duck out to leave it as 4 human - 3 AI players

Comment

Okay - I'll lie low (it's hard, having created so many maps and start positions, to resist the urge to 'tinker")

It's your game and your set-up. I'll play (if indeed MWIA isn't in it) the hand that's dealt me. It's more of a "demo game" anyway, being open and action-explainable

G.

Comment

Googlie:

We currently have players:
                        Chaunk
                        Dacole
                        Enigma_Nova
                        Googlie
                        MrWhereItsAt

I was second-guessing spaces for Dacole and MWIA.
                        You can land yourself -anywhere- on the map you'd like. Just that those spots are the ones I like best.

The AI would be in the Nexus and the Jungle. Give Chaunk something to steamroll, and make an obstacle between me and leetness.

We got:
                        Googlie - Gaians
                        Chaunk - Spartans
                        Enigma - Uni
                        MWIA - ?
                        Dacole - ?
                        AIjungle - ?
                        AInexus - ?

Comment

If we can play SMAX I'll stick with the angels please... otherwise, lets rock and roll.

AI Jungle - Hive please. The Hive do very well with the jungle and should be worth opponants.
                          Play hangman.

Comment

Good ol' meatshield against Enigma.
                            I've been training. I'll need to get to Nonlinear Mathematics ASAP to stand against The Hive, but it's a doable thing.

Who would you like to run up against?
                            Believers?
                            So be it.
                            Last edited by Enigma_Nova; June 1, 2004, 16:49.

Comment

If you object, then it's your game, feel free to change them! Someone might want to play the hive anyway - dacole?

Also, feel free to pick some "prickly" oponants for the spartans/angels as you desire!
                              Play hangman.

Comment

It depends on a lot of things.
                                I'll probably go Impact Rovers // Planned // Doc:Flex anyway. I always did fancy momentum.

Comment

Working...
                                X