Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That took a while :/

Comment

The gobal communication frequency crackles to life.

This is Santiago speaking saying a warm hello to that special someone. Thanks to that special person that gave the numbers. Also thanks for explaining that quirky tactic a while ago to my Lieutenant so that he was able to advise me. I'll be saying hello and coming over to..... negotiate.

There is laughter in the background, which is shortly replaced with stactic.

Comment

Turn received, played and transmitted to... Checking... Yes, Novas Universitas!
        He who knows others is wise.
        He who knows himself is enlightened.
        -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Win32.Welcha.B
          Reload
          >_<

Originally posted by Kody
          This is Santiago speaking saying a warm hello to that special someone. Thanks to that special person that gave the numbers. Also thanks for explaining that quirky tactic a while ago to my Lieutenant so that he was able to advise me. I'll be saying hello and coming over to..... negotiate.
          If you right-clicked my faction in the communications menu to get my base's co-ordinates, I spoofed those co-ords.
          Last edited by Enigma_Nova; May 2, 2004, 02:32.

Comment

OOC:

How about a wager on how well I know you Enigma. I'll send some military over to the coordinates I think you're at and I get to attack you if I've gotten the coordinates right. You can of course retaliate.

If I'm wrong I'll agree to leave you alone, including no attacking, no probing, and no conspiring with other factions against you until at least 2155.

I'll send the coordinates to the CMN if you decide take the bet, with the explanation behind my reasoning. At the moment I'm 50% sure I'm right.

Come on you know you want to take the bet. Plus I need someone willing to go to war with.

Comment

Turn 2103 sent on to Colonel Kody of the Spartans.

Share prices in Jamski Industries reached an all time high as large Uranium deposits were located.

Sweet.

-Jam
              1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
              That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
              Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
              Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

You already know where I am.
                The bet then becomes:

You will attack me where I am.
                If you fail, you cannot attack until 2155.

Since you'll attack me anyway, I take that bet.
                Set up us the bomb, Kody.

Comment

Never mind...

Turn is passed on to Frankychan

Comment

The rifle was cold and lethal in my hands, a weapon that was the best Sparta had to offer. I was merely an instrument, an extension of that weapon unfeeling, focused and without mercy. Nothing would distract me from achieving my goals.

I stood on the windswept moors half a click from Sparta Command and there would be no witnesses to observe my actions. It was perfect. Carefully I raised rifle, lining up the target, taking my sweet time with the shot. The wind moaned as if sensing my intention, but I didn’t let distract me from my target. I smiled to myself as I knew there was all the time in the world. Slowly I squeezed the trigger making sure my aim was steady.

*BANG*

I paused.

*BANG* *BANG* *BANG*

I peered over the sights to assess the situation. As my ears stopped ringing I became aware of laughter behind me.

“Oh man!” a young man around my age laughed. ”How can you completely miss the target like that when you’re using the sights.”

The guy was clutching his side as he tried to breathe between his bursts of laughter.

“Not only that, but you missed four times!”

I frowned. For a few seconds I watched him contort while trying to control his mirth then the rover behind him caught my attention. I idly wondered why I didn’t hear him driving up.

“Okay enough already, I’m a really bad shot.” I finally said, exasperated over the fact he was still laughing. “That’s why I’m out here practising.”

“And boy do you need it”, he shot back before bursting into another fit of giggles.

I sighed, rolling my eyes.

“Okay maybe I can help”, he offered. “You need to relax your shoulders. Try it again only without tensing your shoulders.”

*BANG*
                    *BOOM*

We both flinched as one of the rovers exploded behind us. There was an awkward silence for a moment before he grabbed the rifle from me.

“Your dangerous with that thing”, he said seriously. “I don’t know of anyone that can hit a fuel tank with a ricochet.”

“I’m sorry about that, I’ll take care of all the mess and….”

“Don’t worry about it”, he interrupted. ”I have a cousin that works in the depot, they won’t even know it went missing.”

“Thanks”, I said somewhat surprised. “I’ll give you a lift back in my rover.”

“My name’s Trevor”, he said sticking out his hand.

“Kody”

I grinned as I lead the way back to the rover. While Trevor launched into a story about an uncle that sold black-market rifles.

“Lieutenant Kody”, someone yelled as they drove up. The private jumped out and saluted. “Colonel Santiago wishes to meet with you.”

“At ease private.” So she was back now…..

“Sir, you were not wearing a badge. I was unaware of your rank.”

I turned back to Trevor who was stiffy saluting.

”It’s okay, I didn’t watch to be recognised while continuously missing the target”, I said jokingly.

I waited for Trevor to relax, but he didn’t.

“At ease”, I finally said while inwardly sighing. “Trevor, can you drive my rover back to the depot.”

“Sir, yes Sir”

I didn’t want to be promoted. I thought to myself as the private drove me to my meeting with Santiago.

<------------------------------------------------------->

“What do you mean we can’t research Applied Physics!”

“That option was not available.”

“Then what can we research.”

“Ecology.”

”Let me rephrase that…. That has military value.”

“Industrial Base, although we will be putting ourselves at disadvantage by choosing that.”

”No excuses just do it.”

“Very well.”

“I want you to build another rover.”

”Why?”

“A perimeter must be established…. Do not question me unless you manage to get those lazy scientists working on applied physics. I’m not in the mood.”

The radio crackled in the background and a stream of what sounded like threats poured out. I looked at Santiago and got the Don’t You Dare Ask look.

“This meeting is over”, she announced.

Comment

Let me just make sure if we are going to have a free for all dirty tricks competition or if we are simply going to do some real game playing. I can go with both. Just tell me what is our intention here.
                      Be good, and if at first you don't succeed, perhaps failure will be back in fashion soon. -- teh Spamski

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

Honghu,

You know dirty tricks??? I didn't think you had it in you.

I think I know Enigma's base coordinates not because of a dirty trick. But because of another game he played against a friend. He told me about a confusion strategy while we were discussing the Hive turn a long time ago. I was guessing he tried to use the same strategy.

My comments were me teasing him for trying to pull the same trick again. You know how it is, first time it comes as a surprise. Second time around people will second guess you, which is what has happened.

Comment

HongHu and "dirty tricks" doesn't go together. (no offense!)

Anyway, I got a report due this week so I'll try and get my turn done by Tuesday (May 4, 2004).

Deacon Frankychan is shocked by Colonel Kody's warmongering! I pledge to side with Provost Enigma if there is open hostilities without just cause!
                          Despot-(1a) : a ruler with absolute power and authority (1b) : a person exercising power tyrannically
                          Beyond Alpha Centauri-Witness the glory of Sheng-ji Yang
                          *****Citizen of the Hive****
                          "...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis

Comment

*s*******

Yeah, but the truth of the matter is you just want some tech.

Comment

Just curious is anyone interested in entering an agreement to vendentta?

Comment

Kody: I am using the technique with a random number scrambler.

I pick two random numbers between 0 and 79 (xx and yy) for every new base.
                                I name that base (xx, yy).
                                That way, while you're scrolling all over the map, you fly straight over my base square (unless you're really sharp at picking it up).

Kody:
                                If you're willing to be submissive and humiliated, I'm willing to go to war.

HongHu:
                                My 3l1t3 r3l04ds are going to 0wn your d3m0n b01ls.
                                Heh. Not really... I play clean until otherwise provoked.

Franky:
                                If I'm ever attacked uprovoked, here's what NOT to do:
                                1. Attack me
                                2. Defend me
                                Instead, you must attack Jamski, because he's invariably the lying bastard who's responsible for any infighting. :P
                                If I war with Jamski, steal tech from both of us and destroy the winner with your stolen warez.
                                Last edited by Enigma_Nova; May 3, 2004, 05:45.

Comment

Working...
                                X