No announcement yet.

Heart of Fire Tracking Tread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nobody has responded to me about the issue my version issue. I don't seem to have the CDs and so I'm using a no-cd version that probably isn't SMAC version 5.

Jamski & Enigma:
    We're still on the first turn right? So that means nobody should have met anyone else yet.

I'm having trouble understanding how ideology is even coming into question before a in game meeting.

Comment

Deacon Frankychan stared at the sprawling plains before his newly established base. The workers were just completing the last construction jobs on the great cathedral that was to mark each Believer base...the heart of the Believers.

Believer citizens could congregate to these cathedrals for worship and for guidance. But they also served as a personal pulpit for which Deacon Frankychan's warped ideologies could be spouted from freely.

"Deacon, the masses are assembled."

Deacon Frankychan turned from the view on his personal balcony and entered the cathedral, still under construction. Below him, a large amount of Believer citizens stared up at him. The backdrop of a stainedglass picture of Frankychan with a sword and bible in hand was awe inspiring.

Deacon Frankychan extended his arms and shouted in a booming voice.

"Brothers and Sisters! We have finished constructing the first of our new colonies on this harsh world! Planet will be our new paradise...our new Eden! Let those who survived the Unity's destruction be welcomed into Believer arms!"

The crowd below him erupted into riotous applause.

And convert them into new followers of my faith.

[Turn sent to Brother Hercules]
      Despot-(1a) : a ruler with absolute power and authority (1b) : a person exercising power tyrannically
      Beyond Alpha Centauri-Witness the glory of Sheng-ji Yang
      *****Citizen of the Hive****
      "...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis

Comment

Kody: Yes, we're still first turn. And check your version if you're not sure (cntrl F4 in smac screen IIRC).
        He who knows others is wise.
        He who knows himself is enlightened.
        -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Thanks Version 4

Comment

Jamski's ideology is repulsive. I may still team with him in the short-term, but the win shall belong to me alone.
            Are you referring to my RL ideology (anarcho-lazy-syndicalist), my Morganite "grab the dosh" ideology, or the Spartan "+1 Police = supress Enigma" ideology from the ACDG?

So many

-Jam
            1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
            That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
            Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
            Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

+1 Police: Suppress Enigma.
              Doesn't prevent me from teching it up with you, but Smacktalk WILL be exchanged.

HongHu:
              Your heart under my soft hand,
              Your faction under my hard boot.
              You don't have what it takes to be my rival,
              though I may find joy with you once I move you to my cabinet.

GeoModder:
              In ignoring your citizen's own desires, you are giving up a vital resource to exploit.
              Not only is your faction ideal repugnant, it also has that serious trap.
              Expect to get snared by your own brutality long before I finish you off.

Jamski:
              I'm well aware that Jamski + Morgan Industries =
              Morgan Spam, Morgan Xenorum, Morgan Xenodoughnuts.
              You lose out on lucrative opportunities,
              You lose out on a strong, efficient economy,
              And when playing Morgan... You lose.

Kody:
              How could a man who's bogged down with a task only known as 'RL issues' possibly have the determination to be the Spartans?
              Do you intend to delay the turns so much that we all leave?
              It's your only chance of victory.

FrankyChan:
              Believers are inefficient at thinking.
              You fit your faction quite well.
              If your faction was one with less suck and more intelligence you may win - but hey, you've lost.
              You'd better BELIEVE it.

Hercules:
              A man who fights for the right to free speech has, in this thread, yet to say a word.
              He's contradicting himself. Much like democracy, and much like the 'strategies' his faction will attempt to pursue.
              Get something more serious. Democracy is a joke.

Enigma:
              A great mind in a great faction, with great strategies and (quite frankly) great arrogance.
              If you were the last one here, you'd be the best person here.
              The problem is, people. Others abhor your unethical and tactless methods, and even your citizens revolt to riots.
              This is not just a battle of strategy, it's also a battle of diplomacy.
              And here, you have the Sword without the Shield.
              Expect to get sliced.

Comment

Luckily I brought Sun Tzu's "The Art of War" with me...

May the University, most arrogant, best one, diplomatic one win.
                He who knows others is wise.
                He who knows himself is enlightened.
                -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Originally posted by Kody
                  Nobody has responded to me about the issue my version issue. I don't seem to have the CDs and so I'm using a no-cd version that probably isn't SMAC version 5.

Jamski & Enigma:
                  We're still on the first turn right? So that means nobody should have met anyone else yet.

I'm having trouble understanding how ideology is even coming into question before a in game meeting.
                  Looks like Barinthus will be kept busy monitoring us.

Kody, you may need to download the xp2000 compatibility patch from Fraxis site.
                  Be good, and if at first you don't succeed, perhaps failure will be back in fashion soon. -- teh Spamski

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

Originally posted by HongHu

Looks like Barinthus will be kept busy monitoring us.

Hey, how did you know I was looking in? I'm so anxious to see how this game's progressing.

As for Kody, yeah it'd probably be a prudent thing to do.

Frankychan, your narrative was... erotic. Combined with what you wrote with that avatar of yours I would have said something earlier but didn't want to litter this thread with my comments - this is for you guys only.
                    Who is Barinthus?

Comment

I'm loving this game already, after only one turn

-Jam
                      1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
                      That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
                      Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
                      Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

Kody:
                        How could a man who's bogged down with a task only known as 'RL issues' possibly have the determination to be the Spartans?
                        Do you intend to delay the turns so much that we all leave?
                        It's your only chance of victory.
                        Hey I haven't been tardy at all!! I sent the turn within 4 hours of when I woke up, about 11 hours from when Jamski sent it to me. So far there is nothing I have done in this game or the ACDG to warrant tardiness on my part.

This is infact my whole problem, my lack of tardiness is what causes me to have time problems with real life. Yes I am worried about real life issues. My pattern is you only notice problems through my complaining for a while before I actually cause any problems.

Talking about time and complaining; keeping track of this game certainly is bringing me back to apolyton a lot. My current office mate teases me about "checking forums again hey?". Also I find that I spend more time thinking about spartan strategies than I do about my next conference paper. So if anyone watching is interested in taking over, I'll be happy to dump my strategies so far on them and retire......

Currently downloading the patch, however not sure it will cause problems with the no-cd thing.

Comment

Lol, only one turn and the smacktalking has begun.

Barinthus-Well, I don't know what to say! I think I'm flattered!

Originally posted by Enigma_Nova

FrankyChan:
                          Believers are inefficient at thinking.
                          You fit your faction quite well.
                          If your faction was one with less suck and more intelligence you may win - but hey, you've lost.
                          You'd better BELIEVE it.
                          Well. True, my people may be opposed to the pursuit of secular knowledge, but you forget that I (personally) am not so pacifistic. I honestly don't care what you do to your followers so long as you don't mess with my own.

I just hope we can have a peaceful existence for now.
                          Despot-(1a) : a ruler with absolute power and authority (1b) : a person exercising power tyrannically
                          Beyond Alpha Centauri-Witness the glory of Sheng-ji Yang
                          *****Citizen of the Hive****
                          "...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis

Comment

I'm updated to version 5 with no discernable problems.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction guys.

Comment

You guys know why I named this heart of fire?
                              Be good, and if at first you don't succeed, perhaps failure will be back in fashion soon. -- teh Spamski

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

Because we're not allowed to permi-pact, and we've all got heart burn from eating too rich food?

Comment

Working...
                                X