Originally posted by Jamski
      Very nice intro

You get a gold star, and a base named after you

-Jam
      Aw, thanks I try my best
      Who is Barinthus?

Comment

I got the turn......

Trying to find the installation files again, I kindof have a cutdown version of SMAX and I forgot that I deleted the SMAC binaries (among other things) a while ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Barinthus
          Aw, thanks I try my best
          ... And read my parential request in your mailbox tonight... Something might come out of it...
          He who knows others is wise.
          He who knows himself is enlightened.
          -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

I sent 2102 on to Kody...

-Jam
            1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
            That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
            Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
            Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

Umm managed to drag the binary from Googlie's website. However, I'm not sure what version it is. Probably not version 5. Turn is passed on to Frankychan about 3 hours ago, if anyone objects to me using a older SMAC version then I think you guys might need to find a replacement around the time I build my second facility that has upkeep. I think the only real advantage with using a older version is upkeep is reduced by 1/3 rounded up to the nearest integer.

<------------------------------------------------------->
              "We build first base here", Santiago yelled over the murmur of the crowd. “Rover team comes with me, while our secondary colony heads east.”

“I beg to differ”, I quietly said, yet it was heard clearly in the silence following Santiago’s orders. I cringed as everyone was looking at me and those around me moved away slightly from the one who contradicted orders. I glanced nervously in Santiago’s direction berating myself for not keeping my big fat mouth shut.

I expected anger or perhaps firmness, instead her reaction took me by surprise. She laughed. A deep throaty laugh that shook her shoulders and crinkled the crow feet under her eyes, completely unexpected from a leader that extruded a presence like ancient stone.

“And why do say that”, Santiago asked with a bemused smile as if she were addressing a child.

Perhaps things would have been different if I had not replied, the events on this planet would have fallen a different way, to a world where I didn’t exist alone because of my actions. However, a certain anger rose out of me from not being treated seriously. I replied in anger and thus set the course for things to come.

“Local scans show high levels of nutrients to the south, this will assist in growth which will be essential in growing our population.” I bit off each word, making it clear what I thought of being treated like a child. “The first base should be planted to the south where we can fully utilise it.”

Santiago was still smiling although behind those hard blue eyes I could see her mind ticking away as she revaluated me. The nervousness I suffered around other people returned and I started having serious doubts about contradicting her again.

“Good then, you’re in charge of constructing and defending the first base”, Santiago said dropping a bombshell on me. “I read your profile. An engineer before you joined the Spartans.” She raised her voice again as she strode towards the rover team. “You all have your orders!”

<------------------------------------------------------->

We headed south passing rocky hills to the east and west. There were piles of rocks appearing to be stacked as they were weathered down, and the orange tinge in the atmosphere gave the impression we were passing through some giant alien playground. Briefly I considered the lack of plant life on planet surface wondering why the only thing we had observed was type of grass.

In the western hills an underwater spring generated a river, but it was far too rocky to be of any use so we decided to continue south towards the nutrient high plains. Santiago was exploring the river to our north and reported an alien kind of vegetation and warned it contained worm creatures that used a mental attack. No fatalities were reported to my relief. I kept on contact with the second colony pod that was heading east, but they had little to report other than finding a suitable base site that would take another year to reach.

The greatest surprise for our team was the discovery of an alien monolith that stood in the desserts south of the base site. Our scientists believed it was a refuelling station, but it looked like it had been long abandoned.

I could detect no dissatisfaction among the other captains over the suddenness of my new duties and Santiago’s lieutenants were as expressive as a brick wall to me. I simply buried myself in the tasks associated with the base construction, it helped to distract from me from my past as well as the future. In the minutes before I fell asleep each night I wondered what else Santiago knew of me, she had obviously checked my files before we had landed.
              Last edited by Kody; April 25, 2004, 21:44.

Comment

*sigh* I should have written my first section all in past tense. Now it's a bit out of synch with this one.

Comment

OOC: I'll probably be able to get to my turn within a day or two. I have a biga** presentation to take care of so I can't get to it Until Monday night.

Sorry.
                  Despot-(1a) : a ruler with absolute power and authority (1b) : a person exercising power tyrannically
                  Beyond Alpha Centauri-Witness the glory of Sheng-ji Yang
                  *****Citizen of the Hive****
                  "...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis

Comment

Do we skip Franky yet?
                    I sent my turn to Jamski, by the way - who has just succeeded in pissing me off and becoming a liability.

Comment

Turn is or still by Kody, or Frankychan hasn't checked his mailbox (or he's sound asleep after his presentation off course)
                      He who knows others is wise.
                      He who knows himself is enlightened.
                      -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

I said previously just before I did my little IC thingy.....

Turn is passed on to Frankychan about 3 hours ago

Comment

Originally posted by Enigma_Nova
                          Do we skip Franky yet?
                          I sent my turn to Jamski, by the way - who has just succeeded in pissing me off and becoming a liability.
                          Already?! I wonder what he did to you...
                          Who is Barinthus?

Comment

Hold up,

I got the turn, and I'll do it today (Tuesday, April 26, 2004). Sorry, but my presentation was a pain in the a**. And GeoModder was correct. I'm paying for my lack of sleep now. Anyway, I'll post when I pass the turn on.

Sorry for the inconvenience.
                            Despot-(1a) : a ruler with absolute power and authority (1b) : a person exercising power tyrannically

Comment

Franky: Sure you don't want to pass?
                              Jamski's ideology is repulsive. I may still team with him in the short-term, but the win shall belong to me alone.

Comment

I like your style Enigma.

Comment

Working...
                                X