No announcement yet.

Heart of Fire Tracking Tread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just checked, haven't got it yet. I'm offline within 3 hours for the next day or so.
    He who knows others is wise.
    He who knows himself is enlightened.
    -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

• Just after the comic,
      YOU COULD HAVE POSTED THE TURN HERE AND ALLOWED GEOMODDER TO PLAY THE TURN.
      Instead, you're counting on the e-mail to clear, instead of seeing the situation and fixing the problem.

While the turn -is- technically stalling on Geomodder and not you, you could at least have done SOMETHING.
      As if my comic didn't spell it out to you!
      POST THE ZIPPED TURN HERE AS A BACKUP, AND E-MAIL THE TURN ALSO JUST IN CASE IT'S A TEMPORARY PROBLEM.

Am I the only one with sufficient foresight to think of this?
      Well, I can only blame myself for presuming HongHu could figure this out on her own.

I am so frustrated right now. >_<''
      I'd edit this rant but I'm going to make a TTPP of it.
      Speaking of which:
      TTPP#16: RP Smacktalk
      I simply edited everything in. GG MSPaint.
      Attached Files

Comment

• Ok I'll confess. I didn't upload it exactly so that I could get you to be in a state of >_<.
        Be good, and if at first you don't succeed, perhaps failure will be back in fashion soon. -- teh Spamski

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

• One of us must be psychic/empathic.

Why else did I log in right now?
          -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

• Geo: Looking for the turn.

HongHu:
            >_<''
            Okay, if you were trying to 0wn me it worked.
            Good job. Let's see you keep the smack up!

Comment

• Thank you Enigma.

You know me better than would actually believe I would be so dumb that can't read your nice suggestion once and again don't you. And you should know that I always love the lovers and fight the fighters. Ask nicely I'd do everything I can for you, but if you try to grab something by force, sorry I'd hold it up high as much as I could. Of course it is another thing if you can conque me. But that would be a really hard battle.

As for the turn, sorry we'll have to wait until I go home. That'll be another 10 hours approximately. I'm truely sorry about it.
              Be good, and if at first you don't succeed, perhaps failure will be back in fashion soon. -- teh Spamski

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

• Originally posted by HongHu
                Of course it is another thing if you can conque me. But that would be a really hard battle.
                Ah, you're one of those girls...

Originally posted by HongHu
                As for the turn, sorry we'll have to wait until I go home. That'll be another 10 hours approximately. I'm truely sorry about it.
                See you guys tomorrow then.
                -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

• Originally posted by HongHu
                  but if you try to grab something by force, sorry I'd hold it up high as much as I could.
                  Cough up the Hive turn promptly.
                  If you do not, then there are rapid players here who will gladly relieve you of your ability to slow their game.

Now, back to smacktalking everyone.
                  In HongHu's long turn, you can think about future diplomacy,
                  what SPs you would like,
                  and how you'll get them from the people that also want them.

Comment

• Hercules announces that there will be a one day conference for current UN diplomats to enhance their diplomacy skills.

Hercules stands on hot embers in front of mirror, smiles and says.

Oh Hello Enigma, my dear chap, Are you the University's Ambassador. How very nice to meet you. Can I introduce you to Ambassador Jamski.
                    On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

• Originally posted by Enigma_Nova

Cough up the Hive turn promptly.
                      If you do not, then there are rapid players here who will gladly relieve you of your ability to slow their game.
                      Yes Sir! I'll cough up it right away. In about 10 hours as I already said. That is to say, if I'm not otherwise occupied.

As for relieve me of my ability to slow their game, sure go ahead. Just remember to give me back the name of my pbem too. I have the copyright of "Heart of Fire" as the name of a pbem. I'm sure you rapid players can always set up your own pbem with your own name.

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

• I'm happy to wait

-Jam
                        1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
                        That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
                        Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
                        Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

• Ok, for you Jamski.

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

• Let me get this straight.
                            You're doing advanced research...
                            ...yet you still owe your parents.
                            How old are you, anyway?
                            Well I'm still a student, and I don't have enough money to move out. When I can pay for rent/water bills/electrical bills/food then I'll move out.

Also I can't get Youth Allowance or AusStudy(they've made AusStudy part of Youth Allowance) until I'm 25 because my parents aren't in the right tax bracket, and the jobs I've taken so far haven't earnt me enough money to be considered indepedant (I've mostly done low paid part time jobs so far). So until I'm 25 and I'll allowed to recieve AusStudy, or until I finish my education and able to get a full time job I'll probably be stuck depending on my parents.

Kody-is this something that just came up, or has it been happening for a while and just recently things have been going all s***house?
                            It happened less than a hour before I posted.

Comment

• Word. It's all good. I'm working 2 jobs and going to college (gonna grad in the summer! ) I, too, can't pay for crap due to the low-paying jobs I can only get. But the cost-of-living here is so freakin' ridiculous that you'd have to have a salary job to move out on your own......or have a whole bunch of friends to split the rent.
                              Despot-(1a) : a ruler with absolute power and authority (1b) : a person exercising power tyrannically
                              Beyond Alpha Centauri-Witness the glory of Sheng-ji Yang
                              *****Citizen of the Hive****
                              "...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis

Comment

• I reckon I could write a program that could allow for non sequential turn playing. Basically allow anyone to play their turn as long if they haven't played their turn yet.

It would mean that you don't have to wait for your turn to come around to play it. You just have to download the latest turn. Declare that you're playing your turn within the next hour and post when you finish.

That would get rid of delays where someone is busy waiting for someone else to have some free time, as the other players can play their turn while they're waiting.

Edit:

Ofcourse the main difficulty in programming it would be making sure that the program only works for a specific player in a specific game. But I have a good idea of how to do that.
                                Last edited by Kody; May 11, 2004, 08:43.

Comment

Working...
                                X