Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tell me more about this stockpile bug!
    Which units does it really affect?
    -- What history has taught us is that people do not learn from history.
    -- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Comment

i think it does not affect units - just you get additional energy that turn the unit is built - this is what i have heard
      Mart
      Map creation contest
      WPC SMAC(X) Democracy Game - Morganities aspire to dominate Planet

Comment

I meant,this energy comes out from nowhere or from minerals left over from production?
        -- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Comment

2102 to BT
          This energy comes from all production in city, thats why this is bug, and doing it is cheating.

Comment

Ok,then better dont use it

Comment

Turn on to gaians

Comment

Reloaded twice:
                1st:forgot to copy (hard to remember when ure eager to play)
                2nd:after copyin,AC bugged a bit so I had to renew the file from archive

Turn on to GAIANS
                This time 4 reel!

Comment

So the rule stands:
                  - we do not put stockpile energy after the military unit

turn to Hive 2103
                  Mart
                  Map creation contest

Comment

cheat

Does it (spare) energy appears only if military unit is built?

Comment

i'm not sure, but probably yes
                      Mart
                      Map creation contest

Comment

My information shows other - I played a humble beginning in SMAC and in usual manner when having >50 extra credits, every colony pods spare resources (when a base is built) were taken into construction of RecTanks, and only then it was the time for garrison unit to be built
                        I put Stockpile after a hurried rectanks (to end in 0 turns) and it gave me some energy and also left minerals from the previous turn for next build order - so I got energy and 3 mins for scout with which to start..
                        I ll probably do more research in this bug when my WinXP is back

Comment

I believe that you get the energy always after a FACILITY build UNLESS you put something OTHER than stockpile in the build queue. ( ie empty queues is the same as putting stockpile -- after a FACILITY build) No set of PBEM rules I have seen have required people to put another facility in the queue. Even the people that are against activelexploiting the stockpile bug ( placing stockpile after a unit) seem willing to live with it when it "just happens" after a facility build. I know that I don't like to be forced to use the queue in bases where I don't have a decided build order.
                          You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Who is Fluber ??

2103 to BT

Comment

Ok,and what about all those colony pods,scouts & probes?

My turn will delay abit - I must find WinXP CD
                              Now running on Linux

Comment

Ok,passed on to mart7x5!

Comment

Working...
                                X