Gaia's Stepsons	     Mart7x5	[email]xxmarcin777@hotmail.com[/email]
    Human Hive	     Walek	[email]xxalewalek@wp.pl[/email] 
    University of Planet AI
    Morgan Industries    BinTravkin	[email]xxIvanTravkin@hotmail.com[/email]
    Spartan Federation   AI
    The Lord's Believers AI
    Peacekeeping Forces  AI
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    Hi, I have created a scenario, and its main purpose is to test new industry, growth and research multipliers and rate. I set it to:

6, ; Nutrient cost multiplier
    6, ; Minerals cost multiplier
    200, ; Technology discovery rate as a percentage of standard

Also some other changes:

6, ; Retool exemption (first X minerals not affected by penalty)
    10, ; Minimum # of turns between councils
    5, ; Minerals for harvesting forest
    15, ; Turns to corner Global Energy Market

Frontier, None, -POLICE, -EFFIC
    Police State, DocLoy, ++POLICE, ++SUPPORT, --EFFIC
    Democratic, EthCalc, ++EFFIC, ++GROWTH, --SUPPORT
    Fundamentalist, Brain, ++MORALE, ++PROBE, --RESEARCH
    Rationed, None, -ECONOMY, -INDUSTRY
    Free Market, IndEcon, ++ECONOMY, ---PLANET, --POLICE
    Planned, PlaNets, ++GROWTH, ++INDUSTRY,--EFFIC
    Green, CentEmp, ++PLANET, ++EFFIC, -GROWTH
    Survival, None, -MORALE, -PROBE
    Power, MilAlg, ++MORALE, ++SUPPORT, -INDUSTRY
    Knowledge, Cyber, ++RESEARCH,+EFFIC, --PROBE
    Wealth, IndAuto, ++INDUSTRY,+ECONOMY, --MORALE
    None, None, -PLANET
    Cybernetic, DigSent, ++EFFIC, ++PLANET, ++RESEARCH, ---POLICE
    Eudaimonic, Eudaim, ++GROWTH, ++ECONOMY, ++INDUSTRY, ---MORALE
    Thought Control, WillPow, ++POLICE, ++MORALE, ++PROBE, ---SUPPORT

This multiplier change causes that the following industry and growth row lengths can be obtained:
    Code:
    soc--present -- (standard when row was 10)
    -3    8  (13)
    -2    8  (12)
    -1    7  (11)
    0     6  (10)
    +1    6  (9)
    +2    5  (8)
    +3    5  (7)
    +4    4  (6)
    +5    3  (5)
    Thus socio settings in Industry and Growth needed to be adjusted in order to accomodate new raw lengths, i just wanted to avoid wherever possible "empty" changes, as there are now three cases where we have the same row length: 5 5 6 6 8 8
    There is one change to HIVE faction, as they now have +2 Industry, and Growth remains at +1. Spartans have still -1 Industry. I found out that when row length is calculated it is always rounded up, so:
    -1 (+10%) 6.6 is 7
    -2 (+20%) 7.2 is 8
    Spartan Industry thus gets penalty in industry even if there is -1 only (from 6 to 7).
    Hive gets +2 Industry, as +1 would not have actual effect too often. I also put +2 Industry in all social settings. I left +1 Growth, so the bonus for Hive is not too large.

The scenario and alpha.txt files are attached.
    I would like to play it with possible 6 other players or some AI if there is less than six persons. We know the map and we know starting locations, but from there, everyone goes its own way.

Starting units:
    3 colony pods
    5 scouts
    1 unity rover

Spartans:
    3 colony pods
    3 scouts
    3 unity rovers

I am wondering if increasing industry, growth and research rates will allow to have faster game on pbem and still quality of the game will be sufficient. Factions may not be optimized for that new setting, but treat it as an experiment, a chalange. It is SMAC original scenario. Anyone interested?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Mart; February 11, 2004, 03:20.
    Mart
    Map creation contest
    WPC SMAC(X) Democracy Game - Morganities aspire to dominate Planet

I am interested my email is alewalek@wp.pl

Comment

Im interested too!
      U already know me..

Cant dwnload your file - shows me a blank page with some advertisements & no "download" link

I only wonder, why did u gave "Survival" -MORALE
      & "Future Society:None" -PLANET

1. - remember that Spartans r "survivalists", they have ++MORALE
      Men,living only 4 survival r extremely hard to hit!

2. - GAIANS r toast without ++PLANET then, because that "-" gives them "0 PLANET" & they r GAIANS no more!

If U take me in game, give me the name of CEO Travkin..

Ps - I must admit that Social Engineering in your scenario seems somehow militarised because of bonuses 4 Power,Fundamentalist & Planned..
      But thats ok,lets just try it!
      -- What history has taught us is that people do not learn from history.
      -- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Comment

BinTravkin, is it that you take Morganites then?
        Walek, which faction you choose?
        Mart
        Map creation contest

Comment

..also -POLICE does no good to GAIANS -> they got "--POLICE" then and no police units allowed..

Do not take it as your scenario doesnt look good 4 me, I just sighted some imperfections & pointed to them
          Ill play original also (as i have morgans..)!
          -- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Comment

I wrote "" and ")", but this script seems is not a step-by-step one - it first compiles end & then doesnt understand the beginning anymore!

Comment

this settings are supposed to make all simple and basic choices very, very unatractive, so even fundamentalism may be attractive for someone, where otherwise the faction would stay on simple choice until democracy is researched. that adds to playability, and in general has impact only in the first turns.
              I did the changes after they were recommended in AC Creation forum.
              Gaians are Gaians only when really have "Green" economy - just Planet +1 then, and more when first future society is found
              Mart
              Map creation contest

Comment

Roger!

But Id never take GAIANS on such conditions!

About those HIVE settings (the player needs to change the file)-> dont give HIVE to suspicious people!

Comment

the hive file should be also included in the scenario and i will post it, or maybe better i will email the zipped scenario with all needed files when we begin to play. Hive has only this one small change in fact.
                  Do not change your hive.txt in main directory - it screws up the whole SMAC.......
                  Mart
                  Map creation contest

Comment

the hive file should be also included in the scenario and i will post it, or maybe better i will email the zipped scenario with all needed files when we begin to play. Hive has only this one small change in fact.
                    Do not change your hive.txt in main directory - it screws up the whole SMAC.......
                    Mart
                    Map creation contest

Comment

I take Hive

Comment

I took Gaians then to test their abilities in this scenario.
                        Turn sent to the Hive.
                        Everyone sets his own password - keep them in safe place so that you do not forget it! First turn of the mission is 2101
                        Good luck!
                        Mart
                        Map creation contest

Comment

2101 to BT - Morgan

Comment

Reloaded once (forgot to copy alpha.txt & hive.txt)
                            Turn on to mart7x5

Comment

Turn to Hive,
                              and about rules - we use tournament rules, and about stockpile energy in queue after the unit, what do you think about it?
                              the link to tournament rules:
                              Mart
                              Map creation contest

Comment

Working...
                              X