The Laptop Game turn tracking thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Laptop Game turn tracking thread

This is the turn tracking thread for the SMAX PBEM "The Laptop Game". Players, in order, are as follows:

Gaians: Chip Buckner
    Hive: Yang
    UoP: jtisyoda
    Morgan: Rubin
    Pirates: Sven
    Believers: Miriam
    PK's: Net Warrior

If you sent me a password preference, then it has been used, otherwise I have assigned and sent it to you.
    The turn has been sent to Chip Buckner.
    Good luck to all!

D

How do you like that ... the first player on the first turn of a new game and you're all going to get a reload warning! I didn't get a password prompt at the opening screen, so had to kick out of the game and start over.

For the curious, the term "Laptop Game" refers to each of us having recently acquired SMAX via "The Laptop Collection".

Turn to Provost jtisyoda.

CHIP

Comment

"Each of us" being everyone but me.

2101 to CEO Rubin.
      "Give to Caesar what is Caesar's? Pay no attention to Caesar. He doesn't have a clue what's really going on." -Cat's Cradle

Comment

Darsnan: Thank you very much for setting up this game with such short notice.

Morganic Faction Log, M.Y. 2101
        Crash landed on Chiron ... 3 sets of explorer/colonization teams survived the crash ... Each team consists of a Scout Patrol, a Terraformer and a Colony Pod ... Energy reserves have been preserved at 150+ EC's ... Lost prototype plans for for the Synthmetal technology ... Cryo sleep is deemed the cause of the CEO's planetfall inertia.

Turn 2101 passed to Net Warrior.

I hope we all have extra starting units, otherwise I have a definite advantage. Good luck to all of you

Comment

2102 to Gaians.

(starting units were the same as Morgan's but EC's were just the usual 10.)

Darsnan, once again, thanks for all your help with our game.

So, a New Year, a new game, and away we go!

President Net Warrior
          Chiron Unity Forces

Comment

Over to the University. Like NetWarrior, I have but 10 ECs.

Lord Chip of Gaia

Comment

We should probably restart.

I noticed this turn that the tech I picked last turn was not a tech for future research, but a free tech. (I should've known better considering I hadn't founded a base yet.) I already had a free tech, though, so now I have two free techs.

The Synth prototyping for Morgan is pretty important. His ec's should've been 110, too. On different difficulty levels, don't you start with more? I thought this was transcend but maybe the "force difficulty level" or whatever it's called wasn't used?

Also, if I had known the nature of the accelerated start, I might've picked a different starting tech. If we do restart, will everyone have extra money, too?
              "Give to Caesar what is Caesar's? Pay no attention to Caesar. He doesn't have a clue what's really going on." -Cat's Cradle

Comment

I can live with it. I bet Rubin can live with it. Let's play.

Comment

Rubin checked and said he started with 110 ec's, and he doesn't seem to mind the prototype thing much. If y'all enjoy stacking the deck against yourselves by letting Uni start with three techs, well... Happy Masochism to you. (Is that a new holiday?)

2102 to Rubin.

Comment

2102 to Net Warrior.

I can live with the boosted University start. However, if jtsisyoda feels this is a kind of unfair 'cheating' start--let's restart.

Comment

Yes, since we're only one move into the game, why not just re-start. This is going to be a long game so let's not have any regrets.

Comment

Ok, a restart it is. Should we use the same map and starting positions?

Comment

Thanks, guys. Same map and stuff is cool with me. I'll keep the same starting tech, too.

Comment

Restart request sent to Darsnan. Happy New Year!

Comment

Sorry for the miscues the first time. New MY 2101 turn sent to Chip Buckner.

D

Comment

Working...
                              X