The Laptop Game turn tracking thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To Rubin.
    "Give to Caesar what is Caesar's? Pay no attention to Caesar. He doesn't have a clue what's really going on." -Cat's Cradle

Comment

• 2212 to Net Warrior.

Yoda, you are a true gentleman

Comment

• Turn to Chip

Comment

• 2213 to Rubin, for the last time.

See you in Laptop II.
          "Give to Caesar what is Caesar's? Pay no attention to Caesar. He doesn't have a clue what's really going on." -Cat's Cradle

Comment

• I've got a Scout canoe trip this weekend. I'll next see a turn Sunday.

Comment

• 2213 to Net Warrior.

Comment

• For LT2, I'll try PK's, or Angels as a backup.

Comment

• Turn to Gaians

I'm ready for LT2 . Rubin, do you think Darsnan would be willing to set it up for us?

Comment

• Originally posted by Net Warrior

I'm ready for LT2 . Rubin, do you think Darsnan would be willing to set it up for us?
                    Darsnan is willing, however to make the next game more interesting please send me a current turn to xxxdnandal@twcny.rr.comyyy (minus the X's and Y's). I can then evaluate how you reacted to my AI's in the first rendition, and evolve my AI's accordingly. Also, are you all interested in my enhancing the 8th Faction for the next game? Giving IoD's and Sealurks the Marine Detachment capability really changes the scope of the game, IMO! However, of course this avenue depends on what Factions are chosen for the next edition of your game.

D

Comment

• Ack! I played your Pirate Challenge... Marine Detachment IOD's are too much. I'm weak before your CMN might.

Unless, of course, I switched to Gaians.

Comment

• Darsnan,
                        Regarding juicing up the AI, playing against these 3 guys is tough enough.
                        I just emailed you my latest staring position.

Comment

• Laptoppers: Turn to Rubin.

Darsnan: Give me a faction that would be an interesting fit with the others. Part of the fun, to me, is adapting to whatever you set up. The less perfect our information about the world, the better (and more like a real planet-fall), in my estimation.

I mean, what's the worst that could happen? I get creamed ... in which case it's YOUR fault for setting up an impossible scenario! How can I lose?

I'll send a current turn.

CHIP

Comment

• 2214 to Net Warrior & Darsnan.

Regarding Laptop II: I am opting for the Cybernetic Consciousness. Perhaps the AIs should be tweaked slightly. The reason is that I would like to see some of our Laptop I factions in Laptop II--especially the Morganites and the Gaians. AI Morgan can be terribly weak, hence this faction may be given a slightly better starting position. Apart from the Probe Cruiser I prefer no CMN modifications.

The last AI faction may be the University (unless we are playing against Provost Chip). Additional faction choices are the Believer's, the Hive and the Spartans; their SE choices are often difficult to match, thus making the AI more aggressive. I think Svensgaard is a little PBEM problematic and I would prefer if no Pirates were present in Laptop II.

Player factions so far. Please confirm:
                            Net Warrior: Free Drones
                            jtsisyoda: Peacekeepers
                            Rubin: Cybernetic Consciousness

Comment

• Yep, PK's.

I'm ok with Rubin's ideas on the AI.

Comment

• 2215 to Gaians

Global sea levels rise dramatically. (I thought we had a full 20 years before this happened. It seems more like 13 since I was told about this pending event.

I concur with everything Rubin said regarding LT2.

Comment

Working...
                                X