• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I prefer SMAC, but whichever we the group wants to do I'm fine with
    Self-proclaimed
    King of the World

Comment

So.... can the thread starter become the game starter please?

-Jam
      1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
      That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
      Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
      Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

Since the game isn't going to move until the 10th anyways i still think we should get a veteran player to act as a CMN for us, googlie was describing reasons in another thread.
        Learn to overcome the crass demands of flesh and bone, for they warp the matrix through which we perceive the world. Extend your awareness outward, beyond the self of body, to embrace the self of group and the self of humanity. The goals of the group and the greater race are transcendant, and to embrace them is to acheive enlightenment.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazerus
          Since the game isn't going to move until the 10th anyways i still think we should get a veteran player to act as a CMN for us, googlie was describing reasons in another thread.
          agreed
          Self-proclaimed
          King of the World

Comment

I was going to join, then saw you have your five. I am experienced SP, can CMN in that I've set up scenarios for myself to try strategies I've read here, and can ask Googlie (he's in another game with me) if I have any problems. I'm off tomorrow night, and can set it up then.
            The worst form of insubordination is being right - Keith D., marine veteran. A dictator will starve to the last civilian - self-quoted
            And on the eigth day, God realized it was Monday, and created caffeine. And behold, it was very good. - self-quoted
            Klaatu: I'm impatient with stupidity. My people have learned to live without it.
            Mr. Harley: I'm afraid my people haven't. I'm very sorry… I wish it were otherwise.

Comment

That would be cool, I have never setup a PBEM game and so would not have a clue how to start :-)

Comment

Two main questions - need the extra tech for Univ, email at hjcarr01@athena.louisville.edu.

SMAC or SMAX - have 2 for the first, one for the second, we need the other two to vote.

Do you want the two AI's enhanced, as in give each a little extra, I was thinking some decent terraforming, one or two extra techs, etc. Given a normal map, that might be a mite bit too much, I tend to go for huge ones when I design for myself.

Random map, normal size, allow all victory conditions, no restart, I assume Look First, and I gather No Random Events is rather standard.

Since you have The Hive as a player, want to make sure everybody has the XP upgrade that lets him do golden age pop booms? You folks work that out.
                The worst form of insubordination is being right - Keith D., marine veteran. A dictator will starve to the last civilian - self-quoted
                And on the eigth day, God realized it was Monday, and created caffeine. And behold, it was very good. - self-quoted
                Klaatu: I'm impatient with stupidity. My people have learned to live without it.
                Mr. Harley: I'm afraid my people haven't. I'm very sorry… I wish it were otherwise.

Comment

Originally posted by shawnmmcc
                  Two main questions - need the extra tech for Univ, email at
                  Note: the only time you need to give the Uni's their free tech is when playing with the Aliens and starting the game in MY2106. If you as CMN set up the game in MY2100 and the game starts in 2101, then the Uni's can pick their free tech in 2101. FYI as I just made the same mistake in the Laptop Game I set up.

D

Comment

Dasrnan - thanks. Those are the fine points I need help with.

Comment

If Shawnmmcc joins in then you would have 6 and then I might as well join too, as the last game I tried to join died when Agent Subversion disapeared. (sorry about all that wasted time Darsen ). If yall want to keep it to 5 then I will likly start an independent game (care to join shawnmmcc?)
                      Companions the creator seeks, not corpses, not herds and believers. Fellow creators, the creator seeks - those who write new values on new tablets. Companions the creator seeks, and fellow harvesters; for everything about him is ripe for the harvest. - Thus spoke Zarathustra, Fredrick Nietzsche

Comment

If Shawnmmcc joins in then you would have 6 and then I might as well join too, as the last game I tried to join died when Agent Subversion disapeared. (sorry about all that wasted time Darsen ). If yall want to keep it to 5 then I will likly start an independent game (care to join shawnmmcc?)
                        Companions the creator seeks, not corpses, not herds and believers. Fellow creators, the creator seeks - those who write new values on new tablets. Companions the creator seeks, and fellow harvesters; for everything about him is ripe for the harvest. - Thus spoke Zarathustra, Fredrick Nietzsche

Comment

shadow cant join, hes volunteered to be CMN, the very idea of that is to be neutral and outside the game.

thanks for that aswell shadow

also impaler, we'll post for a replacement for him soon in that game if he doesn't come back within a week or so.
                          Learn to overcome the crass demands of flesh and bone, for they warp the matrix through which we perceive the world. Extend your awareness outward, beyond the self of body, to embrace the self of group and the self of humanity. The goals of the group and the greater race are transcendant, and to embrace them is to acheive enlightenment.

Comment

I am going to infer from endgames statement that he prefers SMAX - Lazarus email me, also for SMAX, so that's what it is.

I will select random large planet, and either tweak the map, or restrart it, if I cannot get seven good starting points. If nobody emails me differently, I will make it conform to my post earlier.

I need one last item. Lazarus doesn't mind the extra terraforming for the AI - does not like extra techs. Any other thoughts on starting AI off better

extra terraforming (plus one former - the AI is a sooo stupid)
                            extra tech
                            one-two extra bases

Comment

Seed some forests for the AI, and give an extra CLEAN former or two. Give them free tree-farms when they get the tech, and that should be enough to stop them completely choking, eh?

-Jam
                              1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
                              That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
                              Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
                              Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

Sound good, I've only read on how to give free tree farms - now I guess I'll have to genuinely edit the .txt file - Jamski, if I edit it on the scenario, then will it the changes stick during game as their is no per se host computer? I'll email Darsnan, or check the Creation section. The trees, maybe a mine or two, will be easy.

Comment

Working...
                                X