Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm a newbie. Play with me?

Um ... hello.
    I am new to this site (luckily I'm not new to Alpha Centauri) and I would like to play a few seperate games with some people to test my skills. I haven't been able to find SMAX around, I'll keep on looking. So I can only play normal SMAC games. Anyone interested?

Kilian Vassar

p.s. I ALWAYS play with "blind research" deactivated.
    ,,In the end we will find that intelligent life is always built up in the same way : the core ruling the cell, the brain ruling the body, and : the intellectual elite ruling the masses within a society. Human community-based behaviour is nothing less than behaving exactly as our body behaves." - Kilian Vassar Al'acada, State of the Body : Body of the State

I'll play ya, gimme a email @ XXagentsubversion@aol.com (without the x's)
    Agent Subversion out

Comment

Same here if you're looking for a head to head, got some spare time to fill.

XXKris_no1@hotmail.com

any other setts in mind ? are we gonna use a CMN or just a random generated map ?
      Learn to overcome the crass demands of flesh and bone, for they warp the matrix through which we perceive the world. Extend your awareness outward, beyond the self of body, to embrace the self of group and the self of humanity. The goals of the group and the greater race are transcendant, and to embrace them is to acheive enlightenment.

Comment

OK. I can hardly wait to finally play with some REAL enemies. It's party time!

Random map is fine to me, I usually play on a huge map but I think smaller would be better if it's only the 3 of us. It'll be my first multiplayer AC-game though, so I don't really know how to start it. Can you explain me?

-KV
        ,,In the end we will find that intelligent life is always built up in the same way : the core ruling the cell, the brain ruling the body, and : the intellectual elite ruling the masses within a society. Human community-based behaviour is nothing less than behaving exactly as our body behaves." - Kilian Vassar Al'acada, State of the Body : Body of the State

Comment

There's still enemy AI in a 3 player, so a huge map ain't a bad thing. I'm poised to create and send off the first turn, if you don't mind. Who wants who? I want University if it's old school SMAC. Any thoughts?
          Agent Subversion out

Comment

Yep, it can only be SMAC 'cause I don't have the expansion. I'll take the Gaians - mindworms rock! I don't really understand what you mean with create and send off the first turn. Could you explain?

Comment

I'd say get 4 players if we're doing a team game, otherwise it ends up a 2v1. Also i'm up for a CMN creating the game so nobody gets stuck on an island with 16 tiles and has no realistic chance of doing well.

If we're playing SMAC then i'll take the Hive.

Average everything is fine with me, or low erosion i like. Since we have a Gaian player I guess i'll have to settle with the damn average fungus
              Directed research ON
              Steal tech when conquer base, maybe turn this to encourage a more aggressive game ?

As for map size i'd say shrink it to normal at most, otherwise its just gonna be a zak vs morgan builder game.
              Learn to overcome the crass demands of flesh and bone, for they warp the matrix through which we perceive the world. Extend your awareness outward, beyond the self of body, to embrace the self of group and the self of humanity. The goals of the group and the greater race are transcendant, and to embrace them is to acheive enlightenment.

Comment

So we got : gaians, university, hive, normal map, low erosion, average fungus (), steal tech when conquer, blind research off, anything else? It all looks fine to me so far.
                -KV

Comment

The way play by email works is much like a chain letter.
                  You get a password, and a turn in your email. You take your turn and save it (it'll prompt you). Then you email the turn to the next player.
                  A CMN is someone who creates the game and ensures all have a 'good' start point. I like the random aspect. It was a crash landing and all, maybe you DO land on an island. And all the factions are pretty balanced, it's never manifest how it's gonna turn out. Univ vs Morgan deadlock isn't how a game will turn out because of map size.
                  If random is alright, i can create at any momet. Lemme know.
                  Agent Subversion out

Comment

If all factions are balanced why are you university everytime? Try playing with the believers or hive on a huge map with nobody around you it ain't pleasant when people are transcending while you're rubbing sticks together

ok though, if you're desperate to get started i'll hope for the best with a random placement.
                    We launching with 3 i assume then ?

Also Kilian we need your email.

I generally get on the computer everyday between 17:00 and 19:00 GMT after work just incase you want to arrange some sort of placement, though it only seems Kilian is GMT+1 so it wouldn't make too much difference between us.

Comment

I like that tone of voice, I tried beleivers yesterday. I'll take Sister Subversion. Mmmmmm
                      Agent Subversion out

Comment

Ok my email is (keep it a secret please) xxReinder_R@hotmail.com (everyone puts xx before his mail for some reason, so scrap the xx please ) A game via email sounds perfect to me, I can find some time to play every day, probably just not when you guys are around. It's gonna be just the 3 of us? All fine to me. btw I REALLY hate sitting on an island, so please please please put me on a good inland spot.
                        -KV

p.s. do I have to have special software or anything to play an email game? Any patches?

Comment

Yeah you should go download the latest patch, gets rid of a few bugs and stuff but other then that nothing special is needed.
                          The positions are random Kilian, thats why most games are started by an independant player,CMN, who checks that everybody has a fair start.

Comment

Ok where can I find this patch? And is there anything more I should know? When are we going to play?
                            -KV

Comment

And how can I put a picture next to my name ?

Comment

Working...
                              X